会计考友 发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21

2003英语 专业八级考试翻译真题

2003年E-C:
  In his classic novel, “The Pioneers”, James Fenimore Cooper has his hero, a land developer, with his cousin on a tour of the city he is building. He describes the broad streets, rows of houses, a bustling metropolis(大城市,大都市). But his cousin looks around bewildered(困惑、迷惑). All she sees is a forest. “Where are the beauties and improvements(改造的地方)which you were to show me?” she asks. He’s astonished she can’t see them. “Where! Why everywhere,” he replies. For though they are not yet built on earth, he has built them in his mind, and they are as concrete to him as if they were already constructed and finished.
  Cooper was illustrating(讲述、描述、阐述)a distinctly American trait, future-mindedness(minded:有思想的,着眼未来的): the ability to see the present from the vantage point of the future; the freedom to feel unencumbered 【没有阻碍的, 不受妨碍的;cumber(n.)障碍→encumber(v.)阻碍→encumbered有阻碍的→unencumbered没有阻碍的】by the past and more emotionally attached to things to come. As Albert Einstein once said, “Life for the American is always becoming(会变成什么样子), never being(现在是什么样子).”
  参考译文:
  詹姆斯•费尼莫•库珀在其经典小说《拓荒者》中,讲述了主人公,一个土地开发商人,带着他的表妹参观他正在开发承建的一座城市。他说,这是一个熙熙攘攘的大都市,街道宽阔,房屋林立。而他的表妹却环顾四周,大惑不解。她所看见的只是一片树林。她不禁问道:“你要给我看的美景在哪,被你改造了的地方又在哪?”。开发商没料到他的表妹竟看不到他所讲的一切,惊讶地回答说,“哪儿?到处都是啊!”虽然这一切还未在大地上建成,但他已经在脑海里建好了,对他来说,这一切都像已经建成竣工了那样真实具体。在这里库珀揭示了美国人的一个典型特点:那就是着眼未来,也就是说,他们能够从未来的角度看待现在的一切,可以不为过去所羁绊看待现在,在情感上更多地依附于未来的事物。正如阿尔伯特•爱因斯坦曾经说过的那样:“对美国人来说,生活总是在发展变化中,从来不会静止不变。”
  2003C-E:
  得病以前,我受父母宠爱,在家中横行霸道,一旦隔离,拘禁在花园山坡上一幢小房子里,我顿感打入冷宫,十分郁郁不得志起来。一个春天的傍晚,园中百花怒放,父母在园中设宴,一时宾客云集,笑语四溢。我在山坡的小屋里,悄悄掀起窗帘,窥见园中大千世界,一片繁华,自己的哥姐,堂表弟兄,也穿插其间,个个喜气洋洋。一霎时,一阵被人摒弃,为世所遗的悲愤兜上心头,禁不住痛哭起来。
  参考译文:
Before I was taken ill, I had been a spoiled child of my parents, getting things my way in the family. Once isolated and confined to a small house on the slope of the garden, I suddenly found myself in disfavour and my wings clipped. One spring evening, with myriads of flowers in full bloom in the garden, my parents held a garden party in honour of many guests, whose arrival at once filled the place with laughing chats. In the small house on the slope, I quietly lifted the curtain, only to be met by a great and prosperous world with my elder brothers and sisters and my cousins among the guests, all in jubilation. All at once, seized by a fit of forlorn rage, I could not help bursting into tears.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 2003英语 专业八级考试翻译真题