会计考友 发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10

历年托福考生优秀范文155篇一百二十一

It has recently been announced that a new movie theatre may be built in my neighborhood.
However, as far as I am concerned, I do not support this plan. The argument of my view goes as follows:

To begin with, people seldom go out to watch movie nowadays. With the development of science
and technology, people have a lot of methods to enjoy themselves. They can watch TV at home,
go to watch the soccer game, play basketball and so on. In my hometown, fewer and fewer choose
to watch movie in a theater. They prefer to watch movie on TV at home, which is more
In addition, I think there are enough theatres now. As I know, it is only fifteen minutes’ walk between the two theaters in my community. As a result, it is obvious unnecessary to build the third one. If we do build another theatre, the average persons per theater will decrease, which makes every theater earns less money.Last but not least, it is, to some degree, a waste of money. Nowadays, we must use money in quite
a number of fields. For instance, there is only one primary school here. It takes some children half
an hour to go to school from their home. If we can build another school instead of the theatre,
students will spend less time on their way, which is safer because there are many buses and cars
on the road.

In conclusion, it must be explained that these three reasons sometimes intertwine to form an
organic whole and thus become more persuasive than any one of them. Then any thinking person must agree that it is not necessary to build a movie theatre.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 历年托福考生优秀范文155篇一百二十一