会计考友 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22

商业托福阅读:星球大战第九章(5)

"The garbage chute was a wonderful idea," he told the Princess sardonically, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "What an incredible smell you’ve discovered.
  Unfortunately, we can’t ride out here on a drifting odor, and there doesn’t seem to be any other exit. Unless I can get this hatch open." Stepping back, he pulled his pistol and fired at the cover. The bolt promptly went howling around the room as everyone sought cover in the garbage. A last glance and the bolt detonated almost on top of them.
  Looking less dignified by the moment, Leia was the first to emerge from the pungent cover. "Put that thing away," she told Solo grimly, "or you’re going to get us all killed." "Yes, Your Worship," Solo muttered in snide supplication. He made no move to reholster his weapon as he glanced back up toward the open chute above. "It won’t take long for them to figure out what happened to us. We had things well under control—until you led us down here." "Sure you did," she shot back, brushing refuse from her hair and shoulders.
  "Oh, well, it could be worse…" As if in reply, a piercing, horrible moaning filled the room. It seemed to come from somewhere beneath them. Chewbacca let out a terrified yowl of his own and tried to flatten himself against a wall. Luke drew his own pistol and peered hard at various clumps of debris, but saw nothing.
  "What was that?" Solo asked.
  "I’m not too sure." Luke suddenly jumped, looking down and behind him.
  "Something just moved past me, I think. Watch out—" With shocking suddenness Luke disappeared straight down into the garbage.
  "It’s got Luke!" the Princess shouted. "It took him under!" Solo looked around frantically for something to shoot at.
  As abruptly as he had vanished, Luke reappeared—and so did part of something else. A thick whitish tentacle was wrapped tight around his throat.
  "Shoot it, kill it!" Luke screamed.
  "Shoot it! I can’t even see it," Solo protested.
  Once again Luke was sucked under by whatever that gruesome appendage was attached to. Solo stared helplessly around the multicolored surface.
  There was a distant rumble of heavy machinery, and two opposing walls of the chamber moved inward several centimeters. The rumble ceased and then it was quiet again. Luke appeared unexpectedly close to Solo, scrabbling his way clear of the suffocating mess and rubbing at the welt on his neck.
  "What happened to it?" Leia wondered, eyeing the quiescent garbage warily
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 商业托福阅读:星球大战第九章(5)