会计考友 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22

托业阅读辅导:星球大战第二部第一章(5)

Han Solo was one of those few. "Cold isn’t the word for it, Chewie," the Corellian replied. "I’ll take a good fight any day over all this hiding and freezing!" He noticed the smoky wisps rising from the newly welded section of metal. "How are you coming with those lifters?" Chewbacca replied with a typical Wookiee grumble.
  "All right," Han said, fully agreeing with his friend’s desire to return to space, to some other planet—anywhere but Hoth. "I’ll go to report. Then I’ll give you a hand. Soon as those lifters are fixed, we’re out of here." The Wookiee barked, a joyful chuckle, and returned to his work as Han continued through the artificial ice cavern.
  The command center was alive with electronic equipment and monitoring devices reaching toward the icy ceiling. As in the hangar, Rebel personnel filled the command center. The room was full of controller, troopers, maintenance men—along with droid of varying models and sizes, all of whom were diligently involved in converting the chamber into a workable base to replace the one on Yavin.
  The man Han Solo had come to see was busily engaged behind a great console, his attention riveted to a computer screen flashing brilliantly colored readouts.
  Rieekan, wearing the uniform of a Rebel general, straightened his tall frame to face Solo as he approached, "General, there isn’t a hint of life in the area," Han reported. "But all the perimeter markings are set, so you’ll know if anyone comes calling." As usual, General Rieekan did not smile at Solo’s flippancy. But he admired the young man’s taking a kind of unofficial membership in the Rebellion. So impressed was Rieekan by Solo’s qualities that he often considered giving him an honorary officer’s commission.
  "Has Commander Skywalker reported in yet?" the general inquired.
  "He’s checking out a meteorite that hit near him," Han answered. "He’ll be in soon." Rieekan quickly glanced at a newly installed radar screen and studied the flashing images. "With all the meteor activity in this system, it’s going to be difficult to spot approaching ships." "General, I…" Han hesitated. "I think it’s time for me to move on." Han’s attention was drawn from General Rieekan to a steadily approaching figure. Her walk was both graceful and determined, and somehow the young woman’s feminine features seemed incongruous with her white combat uniform.
  Even at this distance, Han could tell Princess Leia was upset.
  "You’re good in a fight," the general remarked to Han, adding, "I hate to lose you." "Thank you, General. But there’s a price on my head. If I don’t pay off Jabba the Hut, I’m a walking dead man." "A death mark is not an easy thing to live with—" the officer began as Han turned to Princess Leia. Solo was not a sentimental sort, but he was aware that he was very emotional now. "I guess this is it, Your Highness." He paused, not knowing what response to expect from the princess.
  "That’s right," Leia replied coldly. Her sudden aloofness was quickly evolving into genuine anger.
  Han shook his head. Long ago he had told himself that females—mammalian, reptilian, or some biological class yet to be discovered—were beyond his meager powers of comprehension. Better leave them to mystery, he’d often advised himself.
  But for a while, at least, Han had begun to believe that there was at least one female in all the cosmos that he was beginning to understand. And yet, he had been wrong before.
  "Well," Han said, "don’t go all mushy on me. So long, Princess." Abruptly turning his back to her, Han strode into the quiet corridor that connected with the command center. His destination was the hangar deck, where a giant Wookiee and a smuggler’s freighter—two realities he did understand—were waiting for him. He was not about to stop walking.
  "Han!" Leia was rushing after him, slightly out of breath.
  Coolly, he stopped and turned toward her. "Yes, Your Highness?" "I thought you had decided to stay." There seemed to be real concern in Leia’s voice, but Han could not be certain.
  "That bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell changed my mind." "Does Luke know?" she asked.
  "He’ll know when he gets back," Han replied gruffly.
  Princess Leia’s eyes narrowed, her gaze judging him with a look he knew well.
  For a moment Han felt like one of the icicles on the surface of the planet.
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 托业阅读辅导:星球大战第二部第一章(5)