立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 783|回复: 0

[理工类英语] 2013年职称英语理工类A级模拟训练(31)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
阅读下面这篇短文,短文后列出了7个句子,请根据短文的内容对每个句子做出判断。如果该句提供的是正确信息,请选A;如果该句的是错误信息,请选B;如果该句的信息文章中没有提及,请选C.  Micro-chip Research Center Created) u# a# o0 K/ _  X: \6 a9 u
  A research center has been set up in this far-east country to develop adv中华考试网(www.Examw。com)anced micro-chip production technology. The center, which will start out with about US $ 14 million, will help the country develop its chip industry without always depending on imported technology.' I( l6 q" _9 C, _1 B
  The center will make use of its research skills and facilities to develop new technology for domestic chip plants. The advent of the center will possibly free the country from the situation that it is always buying almost-outdated technologies from other countries, said the country's flagship chipmaker. Currently, chip plants in this country are in a passive situation because many foreign governments don't allow them to import the most advanced technologies, fearing they will be used for military purposes. Moreover, the high licensing fees they have to pay to technology providers are also an important reason for their decision of self-reliance.
  w4 V, I( ?! r# F' Z9 q  As mainstream chip production technology shifts from one generation to the next every three to five years, plants with new technology can make more powerful chips at lower costs, while plants with outdated equipment, which often cost billions of dollars to build, will be marginalized by the maker.
6 B$ e& J9 y: }1 L  More than 10 chip plants are being built, each costing millions of U.S dollars. The majority of that money goes to overseas equipment vendors and technology owners-mainly from Japan and Singapore.
- D% ~# `6 D6 l& B7 {6 l  Should the new center play a major role in improving the situation in the industry, the country admits the US $14 million investment is still rather small. This country is developing comprehensive technologies. Most of the investment will be spent on setting alliances with technology and intellectual property owners.
; ^9 b9 I7 q- p, S5 R& i$ k! A  1.The country says that the investment of US $ 14 million is big enough for developing that country's chip industry./ `/ q# h' o' g7 X
  A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned
, c9 h# |3 B  j9 H  2.That country gives top priorities to developing chips for military purposes.# b  i; K/ o( e& t/ {
  A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned
' a( M; }3 }% M0 h: I/ j  3.Although the licensing fees are not very high, that far-east country cannot afford to pay.
/ l' T, M9 M5 t9 w  A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned
0 C3 _$ s6 e4 W3 k5 F3 |- S  4.Many western countries ban the exporting of the most advanced chip-making technologies to that country to prevent them for being used for military purposes.2 Q9 R( G2 i; K" z6 O
  A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned5 g: _! q# o0 D7 b1 a" P
  5.Currently, almost all the flagship chipmakers in that country are owned by American investors.7 ?! P1 Y% |+ K$ u
  A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned3 ^$ S1 P. j7 C5 d
  6.Mainstream chip production technology develop rapidly.中华考试网
% [2 A3 n0 H% C4 N& o* o! D  A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned
1 C0 G( w" |. I0 k3 R4 k" f  7.More than 10 chip plants being built in that country are an example of self-reliance.
  [/ }/ j( x/ l6 [- H% a! v- V  A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned
5 R8 a, w, G& e8 u/ s  【参考答案】BCCAC AB
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 21:38 , Processed in 0.289600 second(s), 21 queries .