立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 567|回复: 0

[考试辅导] 医学考博每日一读:'A&E fast-track' for Olympic VIPs

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-7-20 22:52:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Doctors have raised concerns that Olympic VIPs could receive fast-track emergency care during the games.
5 w% g! W: n! x0 pEmails seen by Newsnight suggest that 25,000 people in the "Olympic family" could expect to see a consultant within 30 minutes at University College Hospital (UCLH).
: h. f$ G4 V3 t# ~2 a8 ?Olympic organisers Locog dismissed the 30-minute claim as an "urban myth".
6 M% g% j* ?4 {4 qNHS London says the arrangement did appear in a draft agreement but will not be part of new guidance.1 D7 _: P. _- C9 ~. i
In one email, senior trauma doctors at UCLH raise concerns about a "conflict of interest" if on-call doctors treat VIPs while the department is "struggling with the NHS wait".
% R) y4 f/ V+ }) o! t2 ^/ ]' X- ~Homerton hospital - another Olympic healthcare provider - earlier told the BBC that the 30-minute response time did apply to all hospitals designated to handle Olympic patients.
2 g% g% K) \9 r+ ?+ o$ |& @Liberal Democrat Olympics spokeswoman Baroness Doocey criticised the arrangements.& |  _, K  G$ o! b# r& H
"It should not be one rule for the IOC (International Olympic Committee) and VIPs and another rule for the taxpayers who are actually paying for the NHS," she said.
8 v8 L7 a7 e. ~"The idea of them jumping the queue is to me, absolutely horrific. It's completely unacceptable and it's morally wrong. . a. P/ R0 s7 F
"The idea of them being able to see a senior consultant rather than anyone who happens to be on duty at the A&E department is completely unjustifiable. It is so wrong I cannot even imagine it is happening."* u, ?& m7 d7 w( x" y
The typical wait for NHS treatment in UCLH's emergency department is 81 minutes, according to the latest statistics, published in December 2011.
( B2 y4 m/ o# d* B, f4 L
: m$ l: r! G' s" X- Q2 D# }The Department of Health says
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 12:29 , Processed in 0.258853 second(s), 21 queries .