立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 276|回复: 0

[GRE词汇] GRE考试:阅读难句解读(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:13:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1.Recently some scientists have concluded that meteorites foundon Earth and long believed to have a Martian origin might actually havebeen blasted free of Mars's gravity by the impact on Mars of othermeteorites.& E% Q9 g( ]# e

& g  G& u1 B! D' \2 a3 m  最近,某些科学家得出结论认为,那些在地球上发现的并一直被相信源自火星的陨石(meteorite),实际上有可能是由于其它的陨石撞击火星而致使其被震离火星的重力作用范围。
! J6 H. Y4 g: g# u- x " J5 z: L- y: y: H2 t
  2.Under the force of this view,it was perhaps inevitable that theart of rhetoric should pass from the status of being regarded as ofquestionable worth (because although it might be both a source ofpleasure and a means to urge people to right action,it might also be ameans to distort truth and a source of misguided action)to the statusof being wholly condemned.3 m: b: `+ R' K: M4 f
. X4 L9 L6 H) |* y$ L, i
  在这种观点的力量作用下,一件或许是不可避免的事情发生了:修辞艺术竟然从被视和具有让人怀疑的价值这样一种地位(因为尽管它有可能既构成一种歪曲真理的手段和误导行为的来源)转变到彻底遭谴责的地位。
$ s2 j4 E0 O5 ?2 a6 T . R) c& b. H1 Q; y7 n& U
  3.None of these translations to screen andstage,however,dramatize the anarchy at the conclusion of A ConnecticutYankee,which ends with the violent overthrow of Morgan's three-year-oldprogressive order and his return to the nineteenth century,where heapparently commits suicide after being labeled a lunatic for hisincoherent babblings about drawbridges and battlements.
/ s8 N! j% Y; h
1 d' X) S0 C3 n! H6 d  然则,在所有这些被搬上银幕和舞台的改编作品中,没有任何一部作品能生动地再现《康乃涅克州的美国佬》结尾处的无政府状态。而在原作结尾处所描述的情节是,摩根历时三年之久苦心经营的进步事业被暴力推翻,他又重返于十九世纪,在由于他的那些有关吊桥和城垛的语无伦次的唠叨而被列为疯子之后,显然自杀身亡。$ |6 |" P% H8 X0 d8 ?& Q

" N9 C) i$ L" Y; n; M  4.Calculations of the density of alloys based on Bernal-type models ofthe alloys metal component agreed fairly well with the experimentallydetermined values from measurements on alloys consisting of a noblemetal together with a metalloid,such as alloys of palladium andsilicon,or alloys consisting of iron,phosphorus,and carbon,althoughsmall discrepancies remained.
- a% u1 P. }/ Z1 y: ~) z( [& K3 I' Y: p
& N2 h6 }  p' B! }' i  以伯纳尔所建立的旨在研究合金中金属成分的那类模型为基础,研究人员对合金密度进行了计算,这些计算相当程度上与某些合金测量中通过实验确定的数据趋于一致,尽管一些细小的差异依然存在。实验中测量的那类合金由一贵金属和一准金属构成,例如,钯和硅的合金,或由铁、磷、和碳组成的合金。1 O" A' Y# o: O5 L& W9 `
, ?+ y' L) v. T& x: `# d; l
  5.It is now established that the Milky Way is far more extended and of much greater mass than was hitherto thought.7 f; [1 N! ^, b0 W9 D& P, Y- }- D; F

" [8 D( l. T. C. R  现在,这已成为一个不争的事实:银河系要比迄今为止所想象的要来得远为浩瀚广阔,并具有远高得多的质量。7 U+ G) L$ G0 J: ?! j* a3 A, P

$ K) C  r7 t8 g$ D& h  6.And Walzer advocates as the means of eliminating this tyrannyand of restoring genuine equality “the abolition of the power of moneyoutside its sphere”
8 U" [' b' R3 m+ m) X/ W7 T. B& N3 ? * r/ l; U8 L, q
  沃尔泽倡议,作为消除这种专制暴政和恢复真正平等的手段,应“废除金钱在其范围之外的作用。”
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 00:07 , Processed in 0.175339 second(s), 21 queries .