立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 279|回复: 0

[GRE词汇] GRE阅读难句背诵实例(9)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:13:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 40.It is possible to make specific complementary DNA’s(cDNA’s)that can serve as molecular probes to seek out the messengerRNA’s (mRNA’s)of the peptide hormones. If brain cells are making thehormones,the cells will contain these Mrna’S. If the products the braincells make resemble the hormones but are not identical to them,then thecDNA’s should still bind to these mRNA’s,but should not bind astightly as they would to mRNA’s for the true hormones.  ( S' Y9 {' g- j  h, [) X) b2 I
  科学家可以制造出特异的(specific)互补DNA’s(cDNA’s),以此作为分子探子(molecularprobe),探觅出肽激素的信使RNA’s(mRNA’s)。如果大脑正在制造着肽激素,则细胞就会含有这些信使RNA’s.假若细胞所制造的产品类似于肽激素但并非与这些肽激素全然相同,那么,互补cDNA’s应仍然和这些信使mDNA’s粘结的程度。含有这些mRNA’s的脑细胞然后就可以被分离开来,研究者可对其信使RNA’s进行解码,以确定它们的蛋白质产品究竟是什么,并确定这些蛋白质产品在何种程度上类似于真正的肽激素。2 C6 m  g! I5 g' u% {. X

7 Q* j7 e7 I8 g) P# Q% ^+ R# \$ `  41.The molecular approach to detecting peptide hormones using cDNAprobes should also be much faster than the immunological method becauseit can take years of tedious purifications to isolate peptide hormonesand then develop antiserums to them.4 e! H) A! R* w% w. _8 E

. P# [: F' \' S$ m/ [) ~. r+ }  采用cDNA探子来测定肽激素的这一分子生物学方法同时也应该比免疫学的方法速度来得快,因为对于免疫的方法来说,需耗费好几年枯燥的提纯进程,方能将肽素分离了出来,然后再培养出针对它们的抗血清。! e$ m1 x( _, |- H7 ^
' o7 }4 T( j4 k3 ~+ O3 o
  42.This succession was based primarily on a series of deposits andevents not directly related to glacial and interglacialperiods,rather than on the more usual modern method of studyingbiological remains found in interglacial beds themselvesinterstratified within glacial deposits.
& H* K0 C$ D  i. a9 R
4 H- v! F, S# O4 g6 f2 c  这一序列演替(succession)所依据的,主要是一系列与冰川期和间冰期并不直接相关的地质沉积物和地质事件,而不是依据更为普遍的现代方法,去研究间冰层(interglacialbed)中所发现的生物残留物,而这些间冰层本身又在冰川沉积物发生间层化(interstatified)。( @( q" ^9 B5 a, i  J# @/ a

% o0 Z% u; ^6 n! N& y  43.There have been attempts to explain these taboos in terms ofinappropriate social relationships either between those who areinvolved and those who are not simultaneously involved in thesatisfaction of a bodily need,or between those already satiatedand those who appear to be shamelessly gorging.& E- ^! r9 ?9 J0 l

% |/ J' J! z6 l5 v, b  人们试图对这些禁忌作出解释,所依据的要么是那些正置身于某一身体需要满足的人与那些并置身于某一身体需要之满足的人之间的,要么是那些早已酒足饭饱的人与那些正在不知羞耻地狼吞虎咽失之间的不相称的社会关系。; D4 |: ]+ j, u, _. _
, I( Z. x) E. c+ f/ s
  44.Many critics of Family Bronte’s novel Wuthering Heights see itssecond part as a counterpoint that comments on,if it does notreverse,the first part,where a "romantic" reading receives moreconfirmation.
% P6 z# T( C- D4 W; w" M ) d7 C4 N; r8 B* ?
  研究艾米丽。勃朗特(Emily Bronte)小说《呼啸山庄》(WutheringHeights)的许多文学评论家,将小说的第二部分视作一种对比物,即使没有将第一部分予以逆转的话,也是在对第一部分作出一种诠释评判,而在小说第一部分中,一种“浪漫的”的读解能获得更为充分的确证。* D+ w; n' L# n/ y( p7 K, h/ S

2 W7 L( d8 T7 V7 p. Z  45.Granted that the presence of these elements need not argue anauthorial awareness of novelistic construction comparable to that ofHenry James, their presence does(15) encourage attempts to unify thenovel’s heterogeneous parts.7 f4 z% {7 l, x" O

/ ~. g* e% @+ y! k* i  诚然,这些因素的存在并不能证明作者对小说架构的意识可与亨利。詹姆斯(Henry James)的那种意识相比拟;然则,任何力图将小说所有形形色色的因素统一起来的做法,在某种程度上注定是无法令人信服的。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 06:21 , Processed in 0.194879 second(s), 21 queries .