立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 283|回复: 0

[GRE词汇] GRE阅读难句背诵实例(8)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:13:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
36.Most striking among the many asymmetries evident in an adultflatfish is eye placement: before maturity one eye migrates,so that inan adult flatfish both eyes are on the same side of the head.  " e% T% U8 R5 u& Q; V. o
  在一条成年比目鱼身上显著存在的诸多不对称(asymmetry)特征中,最为吸人注目的是眼睛的摆位:在成年之前,一只眼睛发生移动,因此在成年比目鱼身上,两只眼睛均位于头部的同一侧面。6 Z" U. x2 i/ ], k6 ]6 \* |" l( q
" G% p* x8 t/ L" P4 G
  37.The best evidence for the layered-mantle thesis is thewell-established fact that volcanic rocks found on oceanicislands,islands believed to result from mantle plumes arising from thelower mantle,are composed of material fundamentally different from thatof the midocean ridge system, whose source,most geologists contend,isthe upper mantle.
+ z' {* e* _+ m8 u* k1 H) Q& c
( [7 G. x% Q+ b  _. w  对于地幔分层论点来说,最好的证据乃这样一个确认的事实,即在那些海洋岛屿——这些岛屿据信是源于由下层地幔升上来的地幔柱状溶岩流(mantleplume)——上发现的火山岩石,是由与海洋中部山脊系统的物质根本不同的物质构成的,而这一海洋中部山脊系统的成因,大多数地质学家论辩道,为上部地幔。/ m7 R0 K$ I5 {3 i' Q; u2 S" R

5 g) J/ E  `7 R0 J5 W; I. |; u6 E- f  38.Some geologists,however,on the basis of observations concerningmantle xenoliths, argue that the mantle is not layered,but thatheterogeneity is created by fluids rich in "incompatible elements"(elements tending toward liquid rather than solid state)percolatingupward and transforming portions of the uppermantle irregularly,according to the vagaries of the fluids’ pathways.' H5 h* T1 T$ Q6 b5 J; E4 y1 \$ d

5 J: C/ G6 m! v4 A% C  但是,某些地质学家,以对地幔捕虏岩体(xenolith)所作的观察为依据,指出地幔并非是分层排列的,相反,地幔的异质性是由那些富含“不相容成分”的流质构成的,这些成分趋向于流体而非固体的状态,自下而上渗透扩散,并依照这些流质流向的任意性,不规则地将上部地幔的某些部分予以改变。2 x# n6 Y* m. {# `, j
% O4 _1 h  n# p+ C" X& K; H& G
  39.The very richness and complexity of the meaningfulrelationships that kept presenting and rearranging themselves on alllevels,from abstract intelligence to profound dreamy feelings, made itdifficult for Proust to set them out coherently.
1 i7 ^2 k+ ]0 B$ f* W, i$ X& a) e % A5 W5 @0 |6 e$ g3 x/ ?3 `
  各种有意义的联系在所有的层次上,自抽象的理性至深刻的梦幻般的情感,层出不穷并不断重新组合排列;正是这些有意义的联系的丰富性和复杂性,致使普鲁斯特难于将它们错落有致地安排好。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 09:51 , Processed in 0.246110 second(s), 21 queries .