立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 386|回复: 0

法学院入学考试模拟试题测试(下)c

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:26:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
18. In the past decade, a decreasing percentage of money spent on treating disease X went to pay for standard methods of treatment, which are known to be effective though they are expensive and painful. An increasing percentage is being spent on nonstandard treatments. which cause little discomfort. Unfortunately, the nonstandard treatments have proved to be ineffective. Obviously, less money is being spent now on effective treatments of disease X than was spent ten years ago 2 \" Q9 P. M( [
  Which one of the following, if assumed, allows the conclusion above to be properly drawn? : q9 d: c2 }' v: K4 U
3 D; u7 I  b+ X+ e3 F2 ]
  (A) Varieties of disease X requiring expensive special treatment have become   less common during the past decade.   {$ {) D3 ?/ N* O& ]
8 _. X, o. ~& ]  C& Z: W$ c
  (B) Nonstandard methods of treating disease X are more expensive now than   they were a decade ago. & h  D+ h# P) N9 u0 b
7 r8 ]1 I9 k  {% D2 |
  (C) Of total medical expenditures, the percentage that is due to treatment of   disease X increased during the past decade. 9 U7 ^' B) g8 j4 Y8 Y7 i
' l- ~/ y6 ^1 T5 |1 l
  (D) Most of the money spent on treating disease X during the last decade went   to pay for nonstandard treatments.
( y. v6 ?: @! Q! L7 s! n( v3 H/ ^4 y  ~/ Q
  (E) Tht total amount of money spent on treating disease X slowly declined   during the past decade.
. `0 D! X: {" v8 y9 [1 ?1 J
$ r0 e: }! I1 q% P. B" S; \0 w' Y+ G) f/ Q# U
  Which one of the following most logically completes the argument? ( g! P$ ?- U0 M0 g: g1 Z

. {7 d& ~3 t) A4 O8 X1 _  (A) become larger in size yet still be of uniform thickness. 9 y, n' j9 x/ v" j

' H0 S) U9 U/ [' R5 |. ]+ ~3 d  (B) flow toward the point at which the pressure of the object is greatest
- v2 `  m+ I' J' b2 ^& O/ |7 u- S) n8 G$ f3 l  A
  (C) compress, although not as much as a piece of steel would
( }) d' Y0 b9 z9 g& i* ?, `, w$ {+ n: _/ D
  (D) divide into exactly two pieces that are equal in neither size nor shape to the   original piece of glass
0 n2 x% E; _9 j  R7 }1 W (E) be thinner in the portion of the glass that is under the pressure of the object   than in those portions of the glass that are not under that pressure 2 W. m) \5 [2 C8 P, s7 |# L( D3 z

2 `* ^5 @0 V7 R, e  20. Anyone who insists that music videos are an art form should also agree that television gave rise to an art form, since televison gave rise to music videos.
7 K  ?* B% l- E" s( [* t" f$ W7 D8 _) K6 @4 ?  I
  The parttern of reasoning displayed in the gragument above most closely parallels that displayed in which one of the following? $ P- ?/ v" k+ r8 q4 p  s! S. ~3 W

2 C0 Z  e$ @* _2 u# f3 H  (A) Anyone who claims that all vegetalbes are nutritious should also agree that   some vegetables are harmful if eaten in large quantities. : _; d; l! D2 ^! ?$ b& ?7 M
) p1 d) M: D& M' L9 a6 c7 F
  (B) Anyone who holds that avocados are a fruit should also hold that pound   cake is lower in fat than some fruit, since pound cake is lower in fat than   avocados. * g1 f" u: P* A/ l/ S3 F4 Z

2 w8 C: Y6 v$ m5 `  S( z  (C) Anyone who dislikes tomatoes should also agree that some people do like   tomatoes, if that person agrees that no laste is universal.
2 J! x& b- X, ~( ]# q! o/ ^* ?5 Y7 t
  (D) A person who eats a variety of vegetables is probably well nourished, since   most people who eat a variety of vegetables generally eat well-balanced   meals.
# @, L' U7 t+ q' I, M(E) A person who claims to prefer fruit to vegetables should also prefer cake to   bread, since fruit is sweeter than vegetables and cake is sweeter than   bread. ; v/ q+ v5 I% m

7 }$ p) x1 w! G  21. Medieval Arabs had manuscripts of many ancient Greek texts, which were translated into Arabic when there was a demand for them. Medieval Arab philosophers were very interested in Arisototle’s Poetics, an interest that evidently was not shared by medieval Arab poets, because a poet interested in the Poetics would certainly have wanted to read Homer, to whose epics Aristotle frequently refers. But Homer was not translated into Arabic until modern times.
; R0 A+ ^* q* s: D
. p9 a# E" \0 ]  Which one of the following, if true, most strongly supports the argument above?
2 S" }$ k! O! r, }  s. Q! P  (A) A number of medieval Arab translators possessed manuscrips of the  Homeric epics in their original Greek.
! x$ i! w  q7 g5 _; O
5 K9 K) \3 r. f  (B) Medieval AFrabic story cycles, such as the Arabian Nights, are in some  ways similar to parts of the Homeric epics.
( t& G* S1 C+ U7 W
! i: q9 j% R% b3 B( r* t' Z  (C) In addition to translating from Greek, medieval Arab translators produced  Arabic editions of many works originally written in Indian languages and in   Persian.
5 X8 B5 F) O% K- e9 z0 j  (D) Aristotle’s Poetics has frequently been cited and commented on by modern  Arab poets.
: t/ x3 n2 Z/ E7 b- ]2 N+ _7 b7 ~
$ n+ |. e* G. u5 P  (E) Aristotle’s Poetics is largely concerned with drama and dramatic works   were written and performed by medieval Arabs.
% d7 o: Y; a/ |" d
* p0 k  {: w3 l( [; l2 ]! D5 k22. Congenial guests and a plentiful supply of good things to eat and drink will ensure a successful dinner party. Since Sylvia has prepared more than enough to eat and drink and her guests are all congenial people, her dinner party is certain to be a success.
3 n" u' ~# h7 _* j5 {
3 J# w  W( D  b" S/ l0 W4 Q$ B- g9 [The pattern of flawed reasoning exhibited by the argument above is most similar to that exhibited by which one of the following? - z  H% K: q) h' B8 R" C& S

; E7 d, D8 _  R2 t9 P# K1 S3 k, i. W% Q% Y( X  x0 H& r1 a
  (A) The right ingredients, properly combined and baked in a reliable oven will   always produce a well-backed cake. Since Emily has properly combined   the right ingredients, her cake is certain to come but well if she bakes it in   a reliable oven. 0 N' M9 a9 r, z, s
8 B& u* N2 Z( H1 F5 t+ I) h( ?
  (B) If corn is baked with its husks on, the resulting dish will always be moist   and sweet. Since George wishes to ensure that the corn be plans to serve   is moist, he will be certain both to bake it and to leave its husks on.
! g9 Z. Q2 u: G8 M9 R (C) Making pie dough using ice water and thoroughly chilling the dough before   rolling it out will ensure a flaky crust. Andrew thoroughly chilled his pie   dough before rolling it out, so, since he used ice water in making it, his pie   is certain to have a flaky crust.  
, n. }/ i/ c. B/ ?- M  S2 I8 ?
( J% R. H5 b0 d; @  (D) If soup is made with a well-seasoned meat stock and fresh ingredients, it   will always be welcome at dinner. Since to his meat stock Arnold added   only very fresh ingredients, the resulting soup is certain to be welcome at   dinner.
5 m6 e  E( y' }2 _" k) u! w5 y: K  }9 s
  (E) Fresh greens, carefully washed and served with light dressing, always   produce a refreshing salad, Since Tisha has developed an exceptionally   light dressing but never washes her fresh greens, no salad she serves will   be a refreshing one.
+ v( ~  e2 K' v3 u, g& x/ t  The reasoning in the argument is vulnerable to the criticism that the argument does which one of the following?
7 G8 w3 J7 z  P$ d/ ~% L9 ]% V* s, i. P- i  Q# ~) i' C

9 o/ y9 Z" }3 N# E  (A) It concludes that a certain opinion is correct on the grounds that it is held   by more people than hold the opposing view. 7 x( n8 r! n0 `" r5 B2 e

5 ^* P' W% A7 Q& Y7 i; O+ x/ T  (B) It rejects the judgment of the experts in an area in which there is no better   guide to the truth than expert judgment.
$ |: {5 Y  s: P3 A3 Q* p4 @  P, i8 Z) `! I
  (C) It rejects a proven means of accomplishing an objective without offering any   alternative means of accomplishing that objective.
4 y8 y  H2 [" c$ Q  Q' \$ v9 j" @' Z) Y  H. y) F
  (D) It bases a firm conclusion about a state of affairs in the present on   somewhat speculative claims about a furture state of affairs.
3 b+ {# m# [$ N, m) q8 r: x3 W0 h3 v- r# ?7 V( b
  (E) It bases its conclusion on facts that could, in the given situation, have   resulted from causes other than those presupposed by the argument. - F1 T% V& U% _3 R- p
& r3 g! U5 U) u* l8 w: @% S
  24. The United States ranks far behind countries such as Sweden and Canada when it comes to workplace safety. In all three countries, joint labor-management committees that oversee workplace s afety conditions have been very successful in reducing occupational injuries. In the United States, such committees are found only in the few companies that have voluntarily established them. However, in Sweden and several Canadian provinces, joint safety committees are required by law and exist in all medium-sized and large workplaces.
- v" r) l; L' \  R8 x Which one of the following is supported by the information above? + A" N! v$ ^! U9 f5 o

" B% z6 x& ^$ \  M  (A) The establishment of joint safety committees in all medium-sized and large   workplaces in the United States would result in a reduction of occupational   injuries.
& c7 P: r4 H8 i1 K: X1 i
  }9 n% Y! c- n1 R5 t: f  (B) A joint safety committee that is required by law is more effective at reducing   occupational injuries than is a joint safety committee that is voluntarily   established.
5 l* |! m" `. s. j3 S7 T, e9 a: M8 l; r' g4 L( J+ ~" m1 Y2 ?
  (C) Workplace safety in Sweden and Canada was superior to that in the United   States even prior to the passage of laws requiring joint safety committees   in all medium-sized and large workplace.
3 s+ v4 Q! H% s# p' a' [% ?& F/ h. T/ l3 x# k
  (D) Joint safety committees had been voluntarily established in most medium-  sized and large workplaces in Sweden and several Canadian provinces   prior to the passage of laws requiring such committees.
2 y' B: [4 z9 l" ]1 e; _+ ^. T; O- X* w2 Y. A
  (E) The United States would surpass Sweden and Canada in workplace safety if   joint safety committees were required in all medium-sized and lareg   workplaces in the United States.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 22:43 , Processed in 0.200174 second(s), 21 queries .