立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 323|回复: 0

LSAT模拟试题:LSAT模拟试题TEST3逻辑2b

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:26:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
10. Rhizobium bacteria living in the roots of bean plants or other legumes produce fixed nitrogen which is one of the essential plant nutrients and which for non-legume crops, such as wheat normally must be supplied by applications of nitrogen-based fertilizer. So if biotechnology succeeds in producing wheat strains whose roots will play host to Rhizobium bacteria. The need for artificial fertilizers will be reduced.  The argument above makes which one of the following assumptions?8 r. N6 Z# D  d& U
  (A) Biotechnology should be directed toward producing plants that do not require
" d6 a- D/ q# A9 T* x' F; P( Y) Z4 v  artificial fertilizer.# [( g7 o  H. ^; f) P* C
  (B) Fixed nitrogen is currently the only soil nutrient that must be supplied by
+ h% b1 |: X- g  |1 b" f4 \  artificial fertilizer for growing wheat crops.
' x, e9 k/ M9 ?) f  (C) There are no naturally occurring strains of wheat or other grasses that have
  R/ |4 ]8 M3 d0 W  Rhizobium bacteria living in their roots.
5 [( v5 V6 R) I6 S' x  (D) Legumes are currently the only crops that produce their own supply of fixed0 }& d- D8 ~% X8 a& O/ y9 @9 t* S- F
  nitrogen.5 o. y; Y  c' ^0 u
  (E) Rhizobium bacteria living in the roots of wheat would produce fixed nitrogen.
) x" m0 D# ~$ B2 t  11. Current legislation that requires designated sections for smokers and nonsmokers on the premises of privately owned businesses is an intrusion into the privately owned businesses is an intrusion into the private sector that cannot be justified. The fact that studies indicate that nonsmokers might be harmed by inhaling the smoke from others cigarettes is not the main issue. Rather, the main issue concerns the government s violation of the right of private businesses to determine their own policies and rule.
8 g  O) K9 [8 ^6 P1 O. D  I  Which one of the following is principle that, if accepted, could enable the conclusion to be properly drawn?% m0 l. M8 t! i9 n$ i7 q
  (A) Government intrusion into the policies and rules of private businesses; N7 H7 ~1 N8 w4 M
  is justified only when individuals might be harmed.
1 g7 B* }2 W  d* L3 q  (B) The right of individuals to breathe safe air supersedes the right of! ~0 V+ ^1 {& I2 K0 v
  businesses to be free from government intrusion.. u) K2 M& M; s3 A: [! N4 o: R1 D
  (C) The right of businesses to self-determination overrides whatever right
8 `) ]) x# h5 _* ^" ^  or duty the government may have to protect the individual.
+ v: [6 h# @, v* R1 J  (D) It is the duty of private businesses to protect employees from harm in
, f- n9 N( L6 v; I  the workplace.# J# j3 N1 O: z& @
  (E) Where the rights of businesses and the duty of government conflict, the
, V$ X& _( u! b3 G  main issue is finding a successful compromise.
' s" h9 ^: ]+ j  12. Leachate is a solutions, frequently highly contaminated, that develops when water permeates a landfill site, If and only if the landfill s capacity to hold liquids is exceeded does the leachates escape into the environment, generally in unpredictable quantities, A method must be found for disposing of leachate. Most landfill leachate is send directly to sewage treatment plants, but not all sewage plants are capable of handling the highly contaminated water.
5 ~4 d7 l% a! J/ {. J* I, ?  Which one of the following can be inferred from the passage?9 d; h+ A$ Y$ t1 s$ j
  (A) The ability to predict the volume of escaping landfill leachate would help solve the disposal problem.& C/ g, U, ]% D% ]; G
  (B) (B)If any water permeates a landfill, leachate will escape into the environment.
2 g! r" A! C3 L. t* G, F  (C) No sewage treatment plants are capable of handling leachate.% [2 Z$ f" D/ b; ^
  (D) Some landfill leachate is send to sewage treatment plants that are incapable of1 D, Q" S$ o* r/ ~! h6 I
  handling it.+ l6 \) M# H/ A, C7 q) D  y# ^; u
  (E) If leachate does not escape from a landfill into the environment, then the landfill s capacity to hold liquids has not been exceeded.
" O* d: O" E" }' m, H  13. The soaring prices of scholarly and scientific journals have forced academic libraries used only by academic researchers to drastically reduce their list of subscriptions. Some have suggested that in each academic discipline subscription decisions should be determined solely by a journal s usefulness in that discipline, measured by the frequency with which it is cited in published writings by researchers in the discipline.
" \: Q7 I7 v. c$ i, m  Which one of the following, if true most seriously calls into question the suggestion described above?
1 A- x# s1 r/ x: H) @  (A) The nonacademic readership of a scholarly or scientific journal can be accurately gauged by the number of times articles appearing in it are cited in daily newspapers and popular magazines.
. M! X- ?0 q! n  (B) The average length of a journal article in some sciences, such as physics, is less than half the average length of a journal article in some other academic disciplines, such as history.
; O2 f$ X: D& U* E$ g" C5 g  (C) The increasingly expensive scholarly journals are less and less likely to be available to the general public from nonacademic public libraries.' U, Z3 j3 }! P7 s0 {8 s
  (D) Researchers often will not cite a journal article that has influenced their work if they think that the journal in which it appears is not highly regarded by the leading researchers in the mainstream of the discipline
& J, o  c) {7 _1 g: h. J: _  (E) In some academic disciplines, controversies which begin in the pages of one journal spill over into articles in other journals that are widely read by researchers in the discipline.8 l2 z5 i4 k6 N; W! |5 v( z
  14. The average level of fat in the blood of people suffering from acute cases of disease W is lower than the average level for the population as a whole. Nevertheless, most doctors believe that reducing blood-fat levels is an effective way of preventing acute W.
5 b8 g, P9 B% M+ A, }  Which one of the following, if true, does most to justify this apparently paradoxical belief?5 X- |% I( h+ E: ~
  (A) The blood level of fat for patients who have been cured of W is on average the same as that for the population at large.
; z8 f0 {) a* V  (B) Several of the symptoms characteristic of acute W have been produced in laboratory animals fed large doses of a synthetic fat substitute, though acute W itself has not been produced in this way.
, Z4 V9 U% H1 w4 e7 M1 D  (C) The progression from latent to acute W can occur only when the agent that causes acute W absorbs large quantities of fat from the patient s blood.
9 N/ U9 D& Z4 X( W) I9 b2 h' |0 W  (D) The levels of fat in the blood of patients who have disease W respond abnormally slowly to changes in dietary intake of fat.& `/ V% ?9 y& B6 w1 j
  (E) High levels of fat in the blood are indicative of several diseases that are just as serious as W.! \" t4 s  J' {4 @
  15. Baking for winter holidays is tradition that may have a sound medical basis. In midwinter, when days are short, many people suffer from a specific type of seasonal depression caused by lack of sunlight. Carbohydrates, both sugars and starches, boost the brain s levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that improve the mood. In this respect, carbon hydrates act on the brain in the same way as some antidepressants, Thus, eating holiday cookies may provide an effective form of self-prescribed medication.
- o3 ?" w1 Z5 I, Y  Which one of the following can be properly inferred from the passage?
6 o6 ?& [" L' Q4 t9 ?  (A) Seasonal depression is one of the most easily treated forms of depression.
6 L& j6 T$ d1 s7 R0 E  (B) Lack of sunlight lowers the level of serotonin in the brain.
+ S4 i! [  N5 @6 k# c  (C) People are more likely to be depressed in midwinter than at other times of the year.( l$ a( H9 [2 k3 s8 M
  (D) Some antidepressants act by changing the brain s level of serotonin.
+ I& h* b7 W1 Q' U  (E) Raising the level of neurotransmitters in the brain effectively relieves depression.
8 N6 D0 B  q9 v7 B( H  16. The current proposal to give college students a broader choice in planning their own courses of study should be abandoned. The students who are supporting the proposal will never be satisfied, no matter what requirements are established. Some of these students have reached their third year without declaring a major. One first-year student has failed to complete four required courses. Several others have indicated a serious indifference to grades and intellectual achievement.
4 \9 z9 G3 D6 F- |) g/ c& k  A flaw in the argument is that it does which one of the following?
2 X& V: A+ R5 g' ^2 _1 y. ^  (A) avoids the issue by focusing on supporters of the proposal# D$ ]& ]4 O4 O0 h  g( b& @
  (B) argues circularly by assuming the conclusion is true in stating th e premises.
8 w) g. L  p& [' G/ r  (C) fails to define the critical term "satisfied"
  U) n$ `" J8 C- R% ?  (D) distorts the proposal advocated by opponents1 }1 |7 s! S  ^/ S" M# {% c4 A
  (E) users the term "student" equivocally
3 \6 \" n9 J7 k8 L( N8 `% M  Questions 17——18& d& Z4 Z0 ^0 F; `8 V7 R6 a
  The question whether intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is certainly imprecise, because we are not sure how different from use something might be and still count as "intelligent life" Yet we cannot just decide to define "intelligent life" in some more precise way since it is likely that we will find and recognize intelligent life elsewhere in the universe only if we leave our definitions open to new, unimagined possibilities.$ f3 i6 j" ^0 N) p% j  G5 [
  17. The argument can most reasonably be interpreted as an objection to which one of the following claims?
( G- A, f3 \1 U' C" o  (A) The question whether intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is one that will never be correctly answered.
8 A  k, r. n6 l5 F/ u  M5 x( L+ c4 J  (B) Whether or not there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, our understanding of intelligent life is limited.
9 H' F! W: V3 l5 x- F- A  (C) The question about the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe must be made more precise if we hope to answer it correctly.  }: c, P% m% d
  (D) The question whether there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is so imprecise as to be meaningless.# E9 t$ B4 X* G3 u( }7 o: l( O; @  q
  (E) The question whether there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is one we should not spend our time trying to answer.. H& y# m; G( p+ N! L7 v% f- H, a
  18. The passage, if seen as an objection to an antecedent claim. Challenges that claim by:$ f" W1 U" M5 G1 V' o% u
  (A) showing the claim to be irrelevant to the issue at hand
$ {1 m$ J7 d3 m# p& |  (B) citing examples that fail to fit proposed definition of "intelligent life"
! {) m, H. S- R% Q: g# j1 G  (C) claiming that "intelligent life" cannot be adequately defined.
+ V* K" }% }# H6 T/ B/ t: w  (D) arguing that the claim, if acted on, would be counterproductive1 w+ o$ |" U2 z3 J: _7 i  A
  (E) maintaining that the claim is not supported by the available evidence
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-16 20:46 , Processed in 0.182663 second(s), 21 queries .