立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 394|回复: 0

[考试辅导] GMAT阅读资料第5篇

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 22:16:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 It can be argued that much consumer dissatisfaction with marketing strategies arises from an inability to aim advertising at only the likely buyers of a given product. There are three groups of consumers who are affected (5) by the marketing process. First, there is the market segment-people who need the commodity in question. Second, there is the program target-people in the market segment with the "best fit" characteristics for a specific product. Lots of people may need trousers, but (10) only a few qualify as likely buyers of very expensive designer trousers. Finally, there is the program audience―all people who are actually exposed to the marketing program without regard to whether they need or want the product.
( U8 H- b; |- |. }3 j9 S2 m; P# x7 R9 a0 X
  (15) These three groups are rarely identical. An exception occurs occasionally in cases where customers for a particular industrial product may be few and easily iden- tifiable. Such customers, all sharing a particular need, are likely to form a meaningful target, for example, all (20)  companies with a particular application of the product in question, such as high-speed fillers of bottles at brew- eries. In such circumstances, direct selling (marketing that reaches only the program target) is likely to be economically justified, and highly specialized trade (25) media exist to expose members of the program target- and only members of the program target-to the marketing program.2 H$ a9 y! D! G4 d  z- h
! O& H4 c8 z  y  I# M
  1. The passage suggests which of the following about highly specialized trade media?& @3 E4 ]9 g7 W& U1 V7 I4 M% K
$ E. ^! `! w. |5 L* S
  (A) They should be used only when direct selling is not economically feasible.% F" h! E: c/ f7 t$ o

$ Y) [; d) r" Z; D$ ~  (B) They can be used to exclude from the program audience people who are not part of the program target.
0 i6 x& Z  O9 D7 l6 N( \
% Q5 I! y1 I' A( p1 k5 T+ g; p* g  (C) They are used only for very expensive products.
. l- d* g; O5 |/ {% f! I7 C" R7 s. R
  (D) They are rarely used in the implementation of marketing programs for industrial products.
, F' @2 u8 G7 i. w$ i    (E) They are used only when direct selling has not reached the appropriate market segment.+ P, g, l: ~0 a9 r
: s% x7 T) h. s* {2 ?9 v
  2. According to the passage, most consumer-goods markets share which of the following characteristics?
" e* s$ U: M7 P) c, C( [$ Y2 I/ I' m
  Ⅰ. Customers who differ significantly from each other: O5 I- S6 _8 G- o# ?
) D& x; ~% F$ x5 R; p7 _( X
  Ⅱ. Large numbers of potential customers
, J4 l- C( Y( ?( U( W7 V) a7 h* O! x5 q' C2 H
  Ⅲ. Customers who each represent a small percentage of potential sales
7 C; q# S' F$ y. g. Z- c! K& k1 j6 K# d% i! @2 U' g
  (A) Ⅰ only
- a* f# ^& i7 D9 c7 ?; p& A1 f, j
: l# K) w0 \% `+ a4 ]  (B) Ⅱ only
) e+ \+ f+ }6 a6 P/ I, ~, E3 z6 z
: x5 S6 b* \0 c" A  (C) Ⅰ and Ⅱ only0 W. h$ W3 `4 Y3 G
( I' m9 w" Z  o: A; O# Z( Q
  (D) Ⅱ and Ⅲ only1 Q" {/ E6 Y' [

% @+ M7 n% R- y( ^4 a; U  (E) Ⅰ,Ⅱ, and Ⅲ
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 21:22 , Processed in 0.272148 second(s), 21 queries .