只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 422|回复: 0

2010年12月ACCA考试考官报告(P4)(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-2-23 17:09:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Specific Comments
Question One
This question required candidates to assess three proposals for a company facing financial difficulties and discussing the impact of the proposals on the main stakeholders,Part (i) asked candidates to estimate the return the debt holders and the shareholders would receive if the company ceased trading and closed down,Part (ii) asked candidates to estimate the income position and the value of the company in the event of a financial restructure,Part (iii) asked candidates to estimate the additional finance required and the value of the company in the event of a management buy-out,Part (iv) asked the candidates to discuss the impact of each of these proposals on the company’s main stakeholder groups,Corporate restructuring and reorganisation from which the key elements of this question were drawn is a key area of the syllabus.外语学习网

Parts (i) and (iv) were generally done well,with many candidates achieving high marks for both parts,In the discussion part (iv) a number of marks were available for discussion of the impact on the stakeholders where it was not necessary to have access to the answers from parts (ii) and (iii),and many answers handled this part well,In part (i),most candidates looked at the funds available to the debt holders after redundancy payments,However,a surprising number of candidates ranked the debt holders and shareholders at the same level for any residual repayments,which is not correct.

Parts (ii) and (iii) were done less well,In part (ii) many candidates did assess the income position but could not then translate that into cash flows and determine an estimate of the value,In part (iii) there was confusion about how to calculate the additional finance needed and the value of the company,and many answers could not determine the likely size of the reduced operation,A sizable minority of candidates did not attempt parts (ii) or (iii) or both at all.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 09:52 , Processed in 0.199156 second(s), 21 queries .