立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 275|回复: 0

[考试试题] 在职攻读教育硕士学位英语词汇题详解(九)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-7-13 14:20:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  161. In my opinion, you can widen the _____ of these improvements through your active participation.; X5 @9 E* y; n' [' N
  A. dimension B. volume C. magnitude D. scope- w7 b, v* f/ |9 {
  [答案]D. scope.
- i" D# T; S) m! V* X  [注释]scope(=the area within the limits of a questions, subject ect. ; range)(活动)范围,机会,余地:The politics of a country would be outside the scope of a book for tourists.(一个国家的政治不属于旅游手册的内容范围之内。)
8 z- e' m# A5 @# ^  dimension尺寸,尺度;magnitude大小,数量;volume体积。均不切题,不能入选。8 Z% i; B% k, f  z+ W; N' @0 ^  t* c0 c
  本题译文:依我看,通过你的积极参与,你能够扩大这些改进措施的范围。% }& B7 X+ _4 u5 O; X( L7 a
  162. The noise was so _____ that only those with excellent hearing were aware of it.
6 I+ d& |! v: o& C  A. dim B. soft C. faint D. gentle0 w0 H' ?" D( l; D' \1 F
  [答案]c. faint.2 K1 L' p" j0 ?* u1 g
  [注释]faint(=weak, indistinct; not clear)“微弱的,模糊的,不清楚的”。Dim(=not bright, not clearly to be seen)不亮的,看不清的;the dim light of a candle(微弱的烛光)。
; J, V( V' |! X. P  R  u* r  163. If he refuses to _____ my plan, I can probably find someone more cooperative.
; x! z. |: G& k/ V" y  A. put up with B. fall in with
$ |0 ]: k# |! S  C. do away with D. get along with' o3 I5 |# c8 Q! _* H, J
  [答案]B. fall in with.
& d* B5 H+ u! _" \7 V  [注释]fall in with(=agree to)同意:Is it true that you have fallen in with them?(你真的同意他们的意见吗?)put up with忍受。do away with废除;杀死。get along with进行,进展;相处。1 D: @1 s/ k7 ?7 \8 E; L3 b
  本题译文:如果他不肯同意我的计划,我或许能找一个更能合作的人。2 W( ?; J4 G% X
  164. Some people either _____ avoid questions of right and wrong or remain neutral about them.; A0 X7 h9 X4 L! r
  A. violently B. sincerely C. properly D. deliberately
0 \' d; d( `! i, X0 c' h  [答案]D. deliberately.  M5 Y. ~& ^2 T6 K' ~
  [注释]deliberately(=on purpose)故意地。Sincerely真诚地;violently强暴的,激烈的,暴力引起的。
# l3 f0 g9 ?% t7 s0 Z# C/ {3 L  properly 1)好好地,恰当地;She never makes any attempt to clean it properly.(她从来也不打算好好地把它擦干净。) 2)严格地:Properly speaking, a whale is not a fish.(严格地说,鲸鱼不是鱼。)
. q! _' E' R# c" y7 _, u  165. Her skirt had been so _____ in packing that she had to iron it before going out.+ ?& r1 _7 M8 ?' b3 a
  A. faded B. torn C. dirty D. crushed
4 E, W7 T0 V7 K: g0 b6 e  [答案]D. crushed.! u- X' c: I2 M0 \
  [注释]crush把......弄皱。因为后半句中iron指“熨平”,所以不能选其他答案了。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 23:08 , Processed in 0.172167 second(s), 21 queries .