立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 248|回复: 0

[考试试题] 英语专四考试语法与词汇模拟练习题(三)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. It was to New York he went in the hope of finding work on one of the New York newspapers.   A. which B. where C. as D. that0 y$ |! B- O( O  i# e) L3 Z/ \4 y
  2. before, his first performance for the amateur dramatic group was a success.
) L. ]6 s6 l3 v  z  A. Though having never acted B. As he had never acted% W: M1 y5 T! ~
  C. Despite he had never acted D. In spite of his never having acted* S! C, r4 f4 g5 C+ G  f3 h6 m+ ]: T
  3. By the middle of the 21st century, the vast majority of the world‘s population in cities rather than in the country.1 o; X" ]9 P: ]5 n# c
  A. are living B. will be living C. have lived D. will have lived; [7 Y5 v1 Y' x( E" R$ w8 Z
  4. Mr. Milton prefers to resign part in such dishonest business deals.; C! x" r" |# w- j1 ?+ o0 b
  A. than take B. than to take
2 t" v7 m* k) Z3 d  C. rather than take D. rather than to take
7 O; o' |! v- [- `3 ^) h! K  {9 Y4 a  5. No one would have time to read or listen to an account of everything going on in the world.8 O8 v" ~2 P0 C: X4 W3 |
  A. it is B. as is C. that is D. what is' p# c; ^5 Q- R1 b
  6. There is a real possibility that these animals could be frightened, a sudden loud noise., L3 j0 h; w! i1 p" S4 F0 Z
  A. being there B. should there be
. D: o& i$ I$ l) Z  C. there was D. there have been
5 r5 m* S6 I2 Q) c  7. Bit by bit, a child makes the necessary changes to make his language
/ t& w( i# U8 P" P* P4 s) C  A. as other people B. as other people‘s, ^3 g" N6 M  G2 M2 L  V/ _
  C. like other people D. like other people‘s
2 a1 N: [0 l2 I2 v* r$ r  Y  8. Clothing made of plastic fibres has certain advantages over made of natural fibres like cotton, wool, or silk.. n5 q: `% c5 q1 E9 ^# U  a1 }
  A. one B. the one C. that D. what: e; |+ W  i! q% E3 v# q6 C
  9. The treasury issued an order stating that land purchased from the government had to be paid for in gold and silver.  i9 O: U; ?( r+ K
  A. henceforth B. moreover C. whereby D. however$ ~4 W- o. d! l8 G9 m& e( g& l0 B
  10. In some countries, is called equality does not really mean equal rights for all people.
4 C& |% m" D# q1 i  A. which B. one C. that D. what+ Z2 e6 V) q) w, b. Z" h
  11. The message is clear: Just as tea and banana cannot go together, should the son of a low class family expect to marry the daughter of a nobleman.6 z9 R4 X1 k" Y) k, w
  A. either B. not C. neither D. nor8 {! n% @* O+ u8 ?! `% W
  12. After the Arab States won independence, great emphasis was laid on expanding education, with girls as well as boys to go to school.
$ T, C6 @. J4 T' I# s  A. to be encouraged B. been encouraged C. being encouraged D. be encouraged$ o: k: O( ^+ p& s2 }
  13. , a man who expresses himself effectively is sure to succeed more rapidly than a man whose command of language is poor.
4 q" ^9 Q& Y2 K; P. h  X  A. Other things being equal B. To be equal to other things. \: d  B6 ?: `+ a
  C. Were other things equal D. Other things to be equal% m+ T6 s3 V) L, }- e  ^7 w- f! A
  14. The project, by the end of 200S,will expand the city‘s telephone network to cover 1,000,000 users.
  r& N; h% [9 C" L1 z' q1 u  A. accomplished B. being accomplished' s; ?8 V3 g: y
  C. to be accomplished D. having been accomplished- a$ y+ ^& d7 D( I: l& S
  15. ghost exists in the world. That‘s your illusion.8 A, s8 d- \5 N7 Y9 \1 {8 K
  A. No such a thing as B. No such a thing as a
  {8 N  L# J& B& b/ P  C. No such thing as a D. No such thing as5 C8 q+ h4 U5 y# _
  参考答案:DDBCC BDCAD DCACD
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 06:50 , Processed in 0.481699 second(s), 21 queries .