QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 287|回复: 1

[雅思写作] 雅思写作辅导:范文118篇(含小作文)-9

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 21:56:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Version 00111(2003.2.4日 英国诺丁汗 (a类): J; t5 c8 ~, Z2 J2 X0 a9 Y
  Is it nature or nurture that plays a major role in the development of personality? What's your opinion?
; O0 U. L  {9 r  f2 \9 b' G  范文1
1 i: x; U8 R$ n2 X- ^0 e  IN certain respects, children are the same all over the world. But many factors affect the development of children, both parental support and education being major influences. There are vast differences between schooling styles, and parental attitudes towards children, in China and the West.9 |9 P+ Q7 C2 G# W# H
  Some of these differences have obvious causes, for example, the "Little Emperor" syndrome in China. Parents everywhere have dreams for their offspring. However, the concentration of energy invested into planning for a child's future is noticeable in China, as it is not diluted by the presence of siblings.# v5 u* s( I: v( W7 G/ I
  This adoration can be seen in other ways. One of the most common is spoiling children, giving them everything they want. Some of the time this is a reward for good work, although there are children who receive all they want merely because they demand it from their parents.( M% b  Z, O# B
  Hard work?
, {/ G! ?0 N: s) B- A% X  Parents also have this tendency to spoil children in the West. If a child does start to see itself as the all-deserving star of the Universe,usually its siblings will tease and bully the child until it stops feeling self-important.
' y, @  ]0 a9 @0 J$ L  Another contrast between the upbringing of children in China and the West is in schooling. Without a doubt, Chinese children work harder than their European and American counterparts. Their industriousness is admirable, and in comparison, Western students are lazy. In European countries, teenagers will often have a Saturday job, or holiday job, to supplement their allowance.) I! W3 Z4 _7 n0 T
  This is rare in China,where education is considered of paramount importance, and time working detracts from study.The same contrast is true of romantic relationships between teenagers. I spoke to Han Li, a 16-year old student in Huhhot, about boyfriends. She said: "I have no time for a boyfriend, even if I did want one. I must study hard, there is a lot of pressure on me to get good grades and go to university."
& n0 E) |! Z: A: |  The style of teaching is very different in China from in the West. The notion of "repeating after a teacher'' seems old-fashioned and redundant in America and Europe. Large class sizes may be the reason for the popularity of this teaching method. In England, any class over 30 is considered large enough to impair learning. However, I have noticed that this parrot-style of learning is being replaced with more progressive methods of education in many Chinese schools.
, g) r6 |9 u/ `* [  C  The perfect solution would be to combine Western and Chinese education methods. Combat the laziness and apathy of Western students; encourage initiative within Chinese students, by expecting independent thought as opposed to mindless repetition. As for spoilt kids anywhere, some of these children would benefit from a smack on the bum.: e0 F- `# Y. e2 x! V
  Genevieve Roberts graduated from Leeds University, England. She has spent the last eight months teaching in China. Anyone with unusual cultural or social experiences who wants to share them with us here at 21st Century can send a copy to elt@21stcentury.com.cn.% S8 X8 N# R4 z' L5 J4 w/ O
  范文2
( A' B8 y7 ~# P2 y- Z/ Q5 A9 b  There has been an argument on personality and individual’s development for a long time. The key point of the dispute is which factor plays a more important role, genes or training after birth? In my opinion, the latter is the crucial complication, though genes are significant.
% o3 Y5 M3 b# _# O2 f  Although genes have great effects on one’s personality, environment plays a more important role in his further development. Let’s take an experiment for instance. There was a research on a couple of identical twins who were born in a big city, but they were separated after birth. One was taken to a poor suburban area, while the other remained in the city. Fifteen years later, surely, the one in city grew tall, strong, extroverted and well educated. By contrast, the other was short, thin, introverted and nearly illiterate. This well demonstrates the importance of nurturing.
' I5 o7 \' E8 j  In addition, education, especially early education, is another key factor.When children are very young, they try to imitate their parents’ behaviors, and run into some manners. After going to school, different education systems and even different courses students taking will make influence on their personalities and ideas. Students of science and technology subjects are good at logical thinking, while students of arts usually think in terms of imagine.2 d5 _* ^$ o* D' L" M" _5 w
  As you can tell from my comments above, no one can choose his nature,but one can be greatly successful after striving for himself or being well educated. And no one can be successful relying on his genes without good environment. So, in my opinion, environmental influence and education will ultimately decide one’s personality and development.) z; _* S( N" J0 B3 ^0 x0 j
  范文3+ r& D4 k  q: b: `4 o
  Nowhere in the world has the issue of children’s education been so much debated as in our society. Nowadays, many parents let their children attend all kinds of courses that will help children to get a better future; therefore, some people think that the postnatal nurture is more important than the congenital factors for personal growth and progress. The above point is certainly true; this essay will outline three reasons.8 W+ R" w' x0 {
  The main reason is that success of a child would not be separated from right teaching and personal effort. Currently, lots of famous scientists and politicians gain huge success in the world, as they are long-term to hard work. Moreover, the main reason why plenty of developing countries drop behind is their poor education.
8 i/ d4 ?% n! D8 @4 n- j6 z; X  Another reason is that if people do not work hard but only depend on their high intellect, they will be far from successful. For instance, the little Bronte was quite clever during his childhood; he was particularly adept at writing.
9 [0 i4 L* w) D+ B  p. Z4 @  But he was so satisfied with his superior intellect that he did not study carefully. Finally, he became an idle person. However, his sisters became famous authors as a result of their hard study. They are Charlotte Bronte and Emily Bronte. Charlotte wrote “Jane Eyre “, “Wuthering Heights” was written by Emily.
" k, R" X7 y# @  Last but not the least reason is the advantages of natural factors that are more and more similar.Plenty of advanced technological products are invented and widely used.They can supply people’s gaps.In the past, the difference of mathematical ability was remarkable. With the invention of the calculator, people can hardly find out the difference.
0 U; v+ i' }8 n. F. Y  In conclusion, scientific and proper teaching is the most significant factor for personal growth and development. If people are satisfied with their advantages, they will become the biggest failures.5 N* Q: M0 ^" j5 l# M" W, y" k' V
  范文45 T& _9 X) U1 R/ Q7 z1 `4 ~8 I
  (278words)) D" K( p$ Y( {* x2 ~0 W. X. V' b
  Nowadays, most of children are the center of a family, so the issue about which plays major role in personality, nature or nurture, is paid increasing attention by parents. As to me, I am fond of that molding one's character depends on nurture rather than nature.
, q# H0 O% s- Q9 H  People's character will affect greatly by the people around them especially their parents. The survey proves the possibility of commit of person who deleted born in a family which have a crime is one to four times higher than the normal family's person's. To image, when a child shape character, always have a bad example around him or her, no wonder the crime possibility is much higher. So just as the saying goes:" he who keeps company with the wolf will learn to howl."5 v4 P2 ?  X! I4 L0 c9 O! Z% `
  Moreover, the growing environment influences child's personality unconsciously. There is a famous story in China: Aiming to find a willing studying condition, a mother moves for three times. They at last move nearby school. From then on, the boy who used to be naughty corrects his bad habits and changes into a hardworking student. After he grows up, this boy becomes one of the greatest philosophers in Chinese history---Mencius.
" J1 E, q8 S4 X: `& h) K0 O  This story really shows how important role that the environment play in children's personality.7 X$ p: y. l% L" k# v
  Of course, we couldn't neglect the effect of nature, such as parents' gene. The child is a chip off the old block. Some characters proved by medical research have already existed before human were born.( L+ P$ a) }" _. W) J  `
  All in all, as for one person's, both nature and nurture influence the development of quality. Personally, I believe the nurture can partly make up the shortage of nature., _+ D1 E& M8 o/ d. r( j

/ N+ _8 d& `+ e0 v! T& I' K首页 1 2尾页
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 21:56:25 | 显示全部楼层

雅思写作辅导:范文118篇(含小作文)-9

</p>  范文5
/ s% ?8 N& U; o$ t  m  Difference between children's education
8 F$ D; l6 T6 ?' A  By 21ST$ V  b; I' _# s3 ~0 @
  Published on 2003-01-308 j2 d' b5 O, R3 ~# `
  Posted on 2003-02-04
! ^* J+ P6 [4 x% f! v+ ?" B  IN certain respects, children are the same all over the world. But many factors affect the development of children, both parental support and education being major influences. There are vast differences between schooling styles, and parental attitudes towards children, in China and the West.2 _- W: h9 D4 Y0 p$ h% S
  Some of these differences have obvious causes, for example, the "Little Emperor" syndrome in China. Parents everywhere have dreams for their offspring. However, the concentration of energy invested into planning for a child's future is noticeable in China, as it is not diluted by the presence of siblings.- d5 B+ s, `* X& F. S0 E  D
  This adoration can be seen in other ways. One of the most common is spoiling children, giving them everything they want. Some of the time this is a reward for good work, although there are children who receive all they want merely because they demand it from their parents.
# H0 u! k! \! I* E# s& j* e$ \3 y. X+ q, e  Hard work?
! _( \3 a% ?; p) x  Parents also have this tendency to spoil children in the West. If a child does start to see itself as the all-deserving star of the Universe, usually its siblings will tease and bully the child until it stops feeling self-important.8 H. [" N& \( r; r( a5 ?
  Another contrast between the upbringing of children in China and the West is in schooling. Without a doubt, Chinese children work harder than their European and American counterparts. Their industriousness is admirable, and in comparison, Western students are lazy. In European countries, teenagers will often have a Saturday job, or holiday job, to supplement their allowance. This is rare in China, where education is considered of paramount importance, and time working detracts from study. The same contrast is true of romantic relationships between teenagers. I spoke to Han Li, a 16-year old student in Huhhot, about boyfriends. She said: "I have no time for a boyfriend, even if I did want one. I must study hard, there is a lot of pressure on me to get good grades and
' {* g6 r, I+ e: Q2 p  go to university."
; @! m6 t( q7 x0 L6 x: r% I, C  The style of teaching is very different in China from in the West. The notion of "repeating after a teacher'' seems old-fashioned and redundant in America and Europe. Large class sizes may be the reason for the popularity of this teaching method. In England, any class over 30 is considered large enough to impair learning. However, I have noticed that this parrot-style of learning is being replaced with more progressive methods of education in many Chinese schools.% N6 z* H( o. _7 v! }9 ~/ ~# R4 q
  The perfect solution would be to combine Western and Chinese education methods. Combat the laziness and apathy of Western students; encourage initiative within Chinese students, by expecting independent thought as opposed to mindless repetition. As for spoilt kids anywhere, some of these children would benefit from a smack on the bum.8 J. _1 W0 m& q; D' B- h
  Genevieve Roberts graduated from Leeds University, England. She has spent the last eight months teaching in China. Anyone with unusual cultural or social experiences who wants to share them with us here at 21st Century can send a copy to elt@21stcentury.com.cn.
; ^- Z, J# J: h  By Genevieve Roberts, SPECIAL TO 21ST CENTURY0 Y, ^. C8 d# W0 r7 D
  范文6 (严禁模仿)5 M% h( `- x( P6 g; J4 F! W5 T
  Introduction ( 38words)
% d; g1 j+ |/ p$ r7 Y% c' ]  Human's endeavor in researching on factors affecting one's personality and development has offered quite a amount of proofs. My position may provide you with a clear notion that nurture plays a far more important role in one's development.
1 }7 j: M. H$ P4 |- S  Body 1 (95words)+ G8 ?' U. ?7 Y9 Q  x
  Reportedly there was a maid, a countryside girl with only an educational background of primary school, working for an American professor who worked in Shanghai Jiaotong University, China. After two years of stay at the learned and exotic surroundings, amazingly this plain girl could speak fluent English and started to help the host to receive and send e-mails to his students. When the professor left for New York later, soon she sought a post at a multinational firm. This example clearly reveals a common truth: appropriate nurture can turn an average person to be competent. (topic sentence)
. ?$ D2 b# a2 d$ A& E! @# g( l  Body 2 (89words)
2 Y5 Y$ p$ p6 w( D3 O3 F$ d  I will then go on to examine my position by offering other facts. It is well believed that overseas graduates who once furthered their education in foreign universities are taking incredible places in China because these elites have a broader way of thinking and their bilingual and creative capabilities have proved themselves much better than domestic ones. In contrast, some people show their linguistic talent by precisely speaking a variety of dialects but still lead a poor life because no foreign language learning process has been conducted for them.
, C% x9 s6 u: y  Conclusion ( 42words)
6 `+ n0 S4 Q; \2 x1 ~  To sum up, the competence of a former maid and the qualities of overseas Chinese students already illustrate an undeniable fact: a right way of nurture can mould one to be outstanding whilst extraordinary nature without nurture is a waste of resource.1 [  [: w$ U# Q$ L) B# P& J# H- }4 E
  范文7  o  a0 u9 p2 b: p) g
  Which element between nature and nurture plays the major role in children’s personality and development is always a controversial problem. Of course, which you prefer depends on your own experience, life style and emotional concern. Here, I would like to illustrate my point of view about it.
3 j. \5 X! B% u6 I8 P& z" V  Admittedly, different nature determines people have distinguished starting points in their lifetime. To beginning, in light of medical research, a person’s blood type has considerable influence to his character. General speaking, for example, a person whose blood type is A means that his personality is amiable and tender probably. Besides, the physical condition, even appearance may influence a person’s development. Statistics shows that beautiful people are more confident than others, because they do not need to worry about the prejudice from public. Obviously, some parts of our personality have been decided when we born.* G- n. l$ R; @6 a" i* j
  On the other hand, although nature is important during the course of shaping personality, we cannot ignore another essential element, nurture. There are many factors which affect the development of children, both parental support and education being vital influence. It is reported that the kid whose parents are divorced is more likely has psychological troubles than those with a harmonious family. By contrast, as we all know, good education will positively cultivate a person’s personality and improve his self-restraint in a big way.
. C$ p4 Q: e8 W, A5 W2 U  In summary, from what has been discussed above, we may safely arrive at the conclusion that partly because of different nature, partly because of different nurture, people have their unique personality.* {, s7 D2 x9 N2 X
首页1  2 尾页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 04:57 , Processed in 0.294292 second(s), 23 queries .