立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 224|回复: 0

[雅思写作] 雅思写作辅导:热点作文话题Video Games and Kids

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 21:56:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Someone argues that Video games are all things that are fun and sometimes educational for kids. Someone argues that Indulgence in video games leads to worsening grades. What do you think of the issue?
3 {( r1 j9 B: c# P  r" jFOR
4 M7 x4 u8 U/ S- |3 H% k' p' O1.Computer games can help young people build self-esteem.
: C: n5 ~9 d, R2. Games offer an escape from the real world and a chance to relax. Games allow anger to be brought out in other ways.) `) d1 M- H/ K3 k( W: R3 h0 F2 d
3.Complex games have been useful in encouraging attitude change, in supporting the development of critical thinking, in problem solving and in developing decision-making skills.
- _, c; j3 B, [2 `, l4. The instant feedback and risk-free environment invite exploration and experimentation, stimulating curiosity, discovery learning and perseverance.
8 Z% j( [! Y- h2 s4 ~( M0 h5. Simulation games enable engagement in learning activities otherwise too costly to resource or too dangerous, difficult or impractical to implement in the class-room as well as those that are hard to accomplish by other means.
$ X3 U% r; X8 V  O1 ~Words and expressions for the topic:/ q* c$ E% I, h: U
For                                                                   AGAINST* q0 x  I; L9 t1 M+ |. R
self-esteem   自尊                                           bully n. 欺凌弱小者6 I! y$ e% q0 L" Q/ `- L- y4 s
escape  n.    逃脱                                            confrontation n. 对质,对抗3 R. ?8 F% M$ i9 o  J
relax  放松,休息                                            exacerbate vt.恶化,使加剧
9 q! B9 ?8 J7 ?5 b  l% Zcritical thinking  判断力                                  psycho-social tendencies 心理和交际能力
% O0 T: p. ?! c  A7 e2 ^exploration n. 作决定的能力                        aggressive behavior好斗行为* g8 t3 I; ~( T! w  a
experimentation  n. 探险                                cumulative  adj. 累积的1 N: Q* Z2 Q, f, W
curiosity   n. 好奇心                                      displace  vt.取代
/ U2 I1 G* K) G9 |% s! b9 tperseverance   n. 坚定不移                       
) y4 o0 r- h7 T- h# Csimulation games  模拟游戏                       8 G$ @7 U3 [$ y% ~8 }5 n
accomplish  vt.完成,达到,实现                     
3 I4 X/ z* b) `' n) PAGAINST8 B1 H( F' J3 m+ J/ m: K
1.A video game addict may be a bully amongst his or her mates and is more prone to confrontation with teachers.
& |9 {$ F4 U& L( B2 n) U) M2.It is claimed that frequent use of computer games can exacerbate negative psycho-social tendencies (such as those towards social isolation and even violence)      
; T1 r. U. _% _, W3. Violent video games may be linked to an increase in aggressive behavior. There are many questions about the cumulative effect of video games, computers, and television.* [4 b) ?) r  B, q6 Y; c5 d
4.Time spent on the computer or video game is out of balance, and has displaced work, school, friends, and even family. Computer use has reached beyond work and is now a major source of fun and entertainment for many people.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 20:24 , Processed in 0.323372 second(s), 21 queries .