QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 256|回复: 0

[听力辅导] 考试辅导托福听力考试最新成语汇总及其例句

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:40:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
导读:TOEFL的最新成语汇总,非常口语话,非常实用的地道美语,出现在听力及阅读中。一起来学习。
9 t' y3 t1 d. }- k0 U1.Those second-hand pianos are selling like hot cakes,if you want one,you'd better buy one now before they're all gone.
# M; F* G- G5 H; Csell like hot cakes =sell very well or very quickly 6 d+ @! _6 F5 V1 M3 Z+ P
2.Whenever I have to make a speech I get butterflies in my stomach.: s3 K4 H9 ~" B; m1 x4 c
get butterflies in one's stomach =get nervous
1 Q8 t. {, S% l! l# p3.He would do anything for his daughter.She was the apple of his eye.
9 Y) @& b* z9 f, Abe the apple of one's eye =be very precious to sb.
3 d1 ^  L5 ]" q  y% N6 S4.Lend me ,please,Tom,I'm broke at the moment.
6 @7 R9 w+ F1 e- O. H7 ube broke =doesn't have any money 6 e) Y/ F( P& X6 O! |
5.The accident was caused by a taxi driver jumping the green light.2 m; N/ ~) m# ~/ L8 w+ Z3 [
jump the green light =doesn't wait for the traffic lights to change to green 3 {5 o6 w( J/ `
6.You didn't think I was serious,did you,Joe!It was a joke!I was pulling your leg,that's all.4 ~7 u; o7 n; }$ s  b
pull one's leg =tease someone,逗某人玩
4 P8 q$ Q6 W$ n. N/ U- \7.Because the owner wanted a quick sale,the painting went for a song-only .: l; U! H( a6 K4 k0 v! Z
If something "goes for a song",it is sold very cheaply
8 Z2 Z& ]' o- v4 k8 _% f' f; |  v8.There was a shortage of food;so you had to pay through the nose for what you could find.
- D! [0 C# E. A7 M8 xTo "pay through the nose"for something is to pay far more for something than it is really worth
" n5 Y, O% V" c9.If he finds out what you did with the company's money,he'll hit the roof.; F2 k, x" Q7 |: f; E5 Y( D
hit the roof=get very angry ! ^6 V- P, l9 m+ k
10.The sky got very dark and soon the rain began to bucket down.
0 B# Q; e$ V' L8 @8 J# [- ?" vbucket down =rain very heavily 2 @: @1 j5 m% g* \8 r! A
11.They all chip in for the benefit of Simpson's widow and little child.0 I9 G# x8 Q9 E- ]
chip in=contribute money捐献  _- E4 D7 m% W( Y$ I/ {9 T
12.He usually buys his clothes off the peg.It's cheaper than going to a dressmaker.  Y) {6 [3 \/ S9 `( N; N
Off the peg clothes =成衣
4 F9 {! }" J7 c* {' M# G% T2 G13.Now stop beating about the bush and tell me what happened!: }- f2 ^0 y4 b4 \3 U! V1 G
beat about the bush=avoid saying directly what you mean , H6 o" N+ Q7 q
14.I really must go and lie down for a while ;I've got a splitting headache.$ R3 a% G: p* S& ~4 N/ y7 V- N
Splitting headache=painful headache 中 华 考 试 网
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 05:44 , Processed in 0.220129 second(s), 21 queries .