会计考友 发表于 2012-8-15 12:59:33

2012新GRE考试填空例题剖析11

新gre填空增加了三空题型,自去年新gre改革以来更加侧重基础能力的考察,新gre填空三空题型更多的考察单词的用法和精确含义,同时天空中加深了阅读理解能力的考察,因此考生在备考gre填空时大量的阅读训练也必不可少。
  例16. (2006 Sample Test Q12) (CEH)
  Murray, whose show of recent paintings and drawings is her best in many years, has been eminent hereabouts for a quarter century, although often regarded with (i) ______, but the most (ii) ______ of these paintings (iii) ______ all doubts.
  BLANK (i) BLANK (ii) BLANK (iii)
  (A) partiality (D) problematic (G) exculpate
  (B) credulity (E) successful (H) assuage
  (C) ambivalence (F) disparaged (I) whet 中 华 考 试 网
  (一) 选取第一空所在部分:
  Murray, whose show of recent paintings and drawings is her best in many years, has been eminent hereabouts for a quarter century, although often regarded with (i) ______
  “Murray, whose show of recent paintings and drawings is her best in many years, has been eminent hereabouts for a quarter century …”部分连续使用best与eminent来说Murray的作品在近几年来都是很好的。
  而后面,插入成分使用although连接,因而其中表达的意思是与前面所跟的句子相反的意思,即Murray的作品有“不好”的地方。
  选择与自主判读一致的词汇填空:
  . partiality: a special taste or liking(偏爱,褒义词,相反选项)
  . credulity: readiness or willingness to believe especially on slight or uncertain evidence(轻信,无关选项)
  . ambivalence:(既好又坏,好坏兼有,“好、坏”的广义反义词)simultaneous and contradictory attitudes or feelings (as attraction and repulsion) toward an object, person, or action
  (二) 选取第二、三空所在部分:
  … often regarded with (i) ______, but the most (ii) ______ of these paintings (iii) ______ all doubts.
  “but”连接的句子与“… often regarded with (i) ______”的句子表示相反的意思,由前述知,blank(i)中应该填入Murray的作品“不好”,那么but连接的句子即应该说Murray的作品“好”。而“好”的作品能够“消除”人们对于她的种种顾虑。
  选择与自主判读一致的词汇填空:
  . problematic: posing a problem : difficult to solve or decide(有问题的,负评价,相反选项)
  . successful:(成功的,正评价,“好”)
  . disparaged: to lower in rank or reputation : DEGRADE(贬低,负评价,相反选项)
  . exculpate: to clear from alleged fault or guilt(开脱,与“罪行”结合,而不是“顾虑”不符合语法契合的要求)
  . assuage: to put an end to by satisfying : APPEASE, QUENCH(缓解)
  . whet: to make keen or more acute : EXCITE, STIMULATE(激起,相反选项)
  (三) 理解句意,看是否逻辑与语义契合:
  穆雷在近25年内的名声显赫,而近些年的作品是她这么些年来最好的。尽管公众对她的评价经常有矛盾之处,但是穆雷的绝大多数成功的作品可以打消人们对她的疑虑。
  例17. (Revised GRE Practice Book Section 4 Q7) (CFI)
  Higher energy prices would have many (i) ______ effects on society as a whole. Besides encouraging consumers to be more (ii) ______ in their use of gasoline, they would encourage the development of renewable alternative energy sources that are not (iii) ______ at current prices.
  BLANK (i) BLANK (ii) BLANK (iii)
  (A) pernicious (D) aggressive (G) unstable 中华考试网
  (B) counterintuitive (E) predictable (H) adaptable
  (C) salubrious (F) sparing (I) viable
  (一) 选取第二空所在部分:
  Higher energy prices ... Besides encouraging consumers to be more (ii) ______ in their use of gasoline …
  Besides表示对于上文的顺承,因而两句话之间是同义关系。
  高油价对于人们的最直接的作用是使人们节约用油,故blank(ii)填入“节约”之意。
  选择与自主判读一致的词汇填空:
  . aggressive: tending toward or exhibiting aggression(激进的)
  . predictable: able to make a prediction(可以预见的)
  . sparing: to use or dispense frugally(节约)
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 2012新GRE考试填空例题剖析11