会计考友 发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50

2012职称英语考试理工类B级词汇练习题07

1.With immense relief,I stopped running.
  A)much
  B)enormous
  C)little
  D)extensive
2.The scientists began to accumulate a huge mass of data.
  A)build up
  B)put up
  C)make up
  D)clear up
3.When Jack eventually overtook the last truck he pulled over to the inside lane.
  A)skipped
  B)passed
  C)reached
  D)led
4.Because of the popularity of the region.it is advisable to book hotels in advance.
  A)possible
  B)profitable
  C)easy
  D)wise
5.Data from Voyager II have presented astronomers with a puzzle about why our outermost planet exists.
  A)problem
  B) mystery
  C) question
  D) point
答案:1.B immense:巨大的。enormous:巨大的。The expense of riving is immense today.现在生活的开支很大。Their losses were~llOrlnous.他们的损失巨大。much:许多。The students have given me much help.学生给了我许多帮助。little:小;少。The old lnall rived in a little house inⅡ1e woods.老人生活在树林中的一座小屋里。extensive:广泛的。They make extensive contacts with the Chinese people.他们跟中国人广泛接触。
  2.A accumulate:积累。build up:建立起。The old teacher has accumulated a 10t of teaching experience.这位老教师积累了丰富的教学经验。We have built up a good reputation.我们建立起了很好的声誉。 make up:编造。She made up a funny story to explain her absence.她编造了一个滑稽的故事,解释她为什么不来。clear up:澄清。I’d like to clear up two or three points.我有两三点想澄清一下。
  3.B overtake:超过。pass:超过。Japan has overtaken Germany in industrial production.日本在工业生产方面已经超过了德国。The police car has passed the mlck。警车已经超过了卡车。reach:到达。We reached our destination at midnight.我们午夜到达了目的地。lead:带。The blind mall has a dog to lead him.这个盲人有条狗领他。
  4.D advisable:可取的。wise:聪明的。It is advisable that everyone save money for further education.为进一步接受教育而攒点钱是可取的。No one is bom wise.人不是生下来就聪明的。possible:可能的。It’s possible for you to take a night train.你搭乘夜车是可以的。 profitable:有利可图的。The deal was quite profitable.这宗买卖是有利可图的。easy:容易。 John is easy t0 please.使约翰高兴很容易。
  5.B puzzle:谜。mystery:谜。His.death.has remained a puzzle.他怎么死的至今还是个谜。It was a mystery how the burglars got in.盗贼怎么进来的是个谜。problem:问题。We have lots of problems to solve.我们有许多问题要解决。question:问题。The clever student asked the teacher all extremely diffiettlt question.那个聪明的学生问了老师一个极其难的问题。point: 论点。 The point;that 1 want to nlak~here and nOW is that Ph.D.dissertations must be original. 此时此地我想要说的一点是博士论文必须是原创性的。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 2012职称英语考试理工类B级词汇练习题07