会计考友 发表于 2012-8-16 00:07:50

2012职称英语考试理工类B级词汇练习题04

1.Loud noises can be annoying.
  A) hateful
  B)painful
  C)horrifying
  D)irritating
2.Human facial expressions differ from those of animals in the degree to which they can be deliberately controlled and modified.
  A) sufficiently
  B)noticeably
  C)intentionally
  D)absolutelysummit at 10:30 that morning.
  A)top of the mountain
  B)bottom of the mountain
  C)starting point
  D)site
5.The latest census is encouraging.来自www.Examw.com
  A) count
  B)statement
  C)agreement
  D)estimate
答案:1.D。annoying和irritating意思最相近,有"使烦恼的""使人不愉快的"等意思。hateful有"可恨的…""心怀不满的"等意思。He is hateful to me.我觉得他可恨。Don't be so hateful.别这么怨天尤人。painful:痛苦的。I don't like hispainful look.我不喜欢他那副痛苦的表情。horrifying是"恐怖的""使震惊的"意思。These were horrifying experiences.这些经历不堪回首。
  2.C deliberately和intentionally意思相同:故意,蓄意地。sufficient: 足够的,充分的。This is sufficient for my needs.足够我用了。noticeable:明显的,易见的。There is no noticeable difference.二者之间没有显着差异。absolutely:绝对地。He's absolutely correct.他绝对正确。
  3.A vague:模糊的,含糊的。imprecise:不确切的,不明确的。concise:简明扼要的。Her letter was concise,omitting everything not pertinent to thejob for which she was applying.她的信很简明,省去了所有跟申请就业不相关的东西。unpolished:未经修饰的。She is reading an unpolished poem.她在读一首未经润色的诗。elementary:基本的,初级的。How can you expect to succeed without even the most elementary knowledge ofthe field?连该领域中的基本知识都没有,你还能成功?
  4.A探险队在那天上午10:30到达了山顶。summit指"山顶",与top the mountain意思相近。选项B意思与之相反。选项c指的是"起点"。D则指的是"地点"。
  5.A census指的是all official count of the people who live in a country including information about their ages,jobs,ete.,即人I:1普查,与eotmt意思最接近。B的意思是"陈述""报告…'声明";C的意思是"同意";D的意思是"估计"。这几个词的词义与census相去甚远。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 2012职称英语考试理工类B级词汇练习题04