会计考友 发表于 2012-8-14 11:09:43

专业四级英语听力自学教程-Broke;Lame

  L:Michael,你看,这个剧院在演[音乐之声]!我一直想看这个歌舞剧。
  M:I know, it's a popular show.
  L:谁都喜欢《音乐之声》。Michael,今天晚上我们没有功课,我们去看,好吗?
  M:Sorry, Li Hua, I'm broke. Maybe another time.
  L:Broke? 你受伤啦?
  M:No, no, no! I did not break anything. Here broke means to have no money.
  L:噢,你没有摔断骨头,把我吓一跳。Broke在这里的意思是没有钱。上回我妈妈出了车祸,花了好多钱修车,她就没钱了。这也可以说……
  M:Yes, your mom was broke!
  L:我哥哥付了学费,还买了好多书,他现在也是没钱了。
  M:Your brother is now broke! I know your sister spent all her money to buy a computer, so she is now broke too.
  L:你怎么知道我姐姐买了一台电脑,把所有的钱都花完了?
  M:You told me yourself, you just forgot!
  L:我告诉过你?我真是忘了。可是我不信你没有钱,你不是刚开始给一个公司打工,前几天还发了工资吗?
  M:Ok, ok, I'm not broke. We can go see the show.
  L:我知道你有钱!太好了,太好了,谢谢你Michael。
  L:这两个座位还挺好的。
  M:Yea, pretty good. Li Hua, do you know why I didn't want to come to the show? Because I think musicals are lame.
  L:Lame?Lame是什么意思呀?
  M:When you say something is lame you mean that it is silly or it is uninteresting.
  L:噢,说什么东西lame就是说没有意思,无聊。还有什么事情你 觉得是无聊的?
  M:Saturday morning classes are lame!
  L:你是说星期六早上上课是个馊主意?
  M:Yes, having class on a weekend is lame because it's a silly idea.
  L:对,我也同意,周末上课太没劲了!谁出的这个主意,是够傻的。
  L:对了,Michael,上回你交不出家庭作业也找了个很牵强的借口,你当时是怎么对教授说的?
  M:I told our professor that my dog ate my homework. Yes, I agree, that was a lame excuse.
  L:对了,你对教授说你的狗把你的家庭作业给吃了。谁都不会相信你这种话。那你刚才不想来看歌舞剧,借口说没钱,那也是lame excuse?
  M:Yes, it was an inadequate excuse because I do have money.
  L:我知道你有钱,只是为了不想看歌舞剧而找个借口才说没钱的。
  M:You can also say...
  L:行了,行了,我懂了。别说话了,演出开始了。
  M:Ok, but don't give me any lame excuses next time I want to do something!
  L:下回不管你要干什么,我绝对不会用这种牵强的借口。
  M:Seriously, after buying these tickets I really am broke!
  L:买了这两张票,你真的没钱啦?得,下回我请客。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 专业四级英语听力自学教程-Broke;Lame