会计考友 发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:21

2011年英语专业四级考试:考前冲刺每日练习(30)

PART Ⅳ GRAMMAR&VOCABULARY
  There are thirty sentences in this section. Beneath each sentence there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D. Choose one word or phrase that best completes the sentence.
  Mark your answers on Answer Sheet Two.
  51. __ I love you, I should never consider marrying you.中华考试网
  A. Whether
  B. Also
  C. However
  D. Much as
  52. I wish I hadn't been so busy this morning, otherwise I __ you with the cleaning.
  A. will have helped
  B. should help
  C. could have helped
  D. could help
  53. I'd rather you __ make any comments on the issue for the time being.
  A. don't
  B. wouldn't
  C. didn't
  D. shouldn't
  54. Just as there are occupations that require college or even higher degrees, so too are there occupations __ technical training is necessary.
  A. for which
  B. in which
  C. to which
  D. at which
  55. She sat on the bench in the park, her chin __ in her hand.
  A. was cupped
  B. cupped
  C. cupping
  D. to be cupped
  56. I __ advise you not to do that again in the future.
  A. dare
  B. would
  C. should
  D. need
  57. The atmosphere is as much a part of the earth as __ its soil and the water of its lakes, rivers and oceans.
  A. are
  B. is
  C. do
  D. has
  58. If negotiations for the new trade agreements take __, critical food shortages will develop in several countries.
  A. too much longer
  B. much long too
  C. too many longer
  D. much too long
  59. Doing your homework is a sure way to improve your test scores, and this is especially true__ comes to classroom tests.
  A. when
  B. since
  C. before
  D. after
  60. I recommend that the planning __ until all the materials have been supplied.
  A. is not started
  B. will not be started
  C. not be started
  D. is not to be started
  61. Greatly agitated, I rushed to the apartment and tried the door, __ to find it locked.
  A. just
  B. only
  C. hence
  D. thus
  62. When he arrived, he found ___ the aged and the sick at home.
  A. none but
  B. none other than
  C. nothing but
  D. no other than
  63. As 4 to 8, ____ 8 is to 16.
  A. as
  B. so
  C. that
  D. which
  64. According to some educators, the goal of teaching is to help students learn what __ to know to live a well-adjusted and successful life.
  A. do they need
  B. they need
  C. they are needed
  D. as they may need
  65. If ever again ____ happens an accident like this, we will have only ourselves to blame.
  A. it
  B. so
  C. there
  D. that
  66. An ambulance must have priority as it usually has to deal with some kind of __
  A. crisis
  B. emergency
  C. urgency
  D. emergence
  67. She was complaining that the doctor was __ too much for the treatment he was giving her.来自www.Examw.com
  A. expending
  B. offering
  C. costing
  D. charging
  68. The patient's health failed to such an extent that he was put into __ care.
  A. tense
  B. rigid
  C. intensive
  D. tight
  69. Although architecture has artistic qualities, it must also satisfy a number of important practical __
  A. obligations
  B. regulations
  C. observations
  D. considerations
  70. Too much __ to X-rays can cause skin burns, cancer or other damage to the body.
  A. disclosure
  B. exhibition
  C. contact
  D. exposure
  71. In his last years, Henry suffered from a disease that slowly __ him of much of his sight.
  A. relieved
  B. jeopardized
  C. deprived
  D. eliminated
  72. Plastics today contribute to a wide __ of industries.
  A. field
  B. area
  C. scope
  D. range
  73. Watching me pulling the calf awkwardly to the barn, the Irish milkmaid fought hard to __ her laughter.
  A. hold back
  B. hold on
  C. hold out
  D. hold up
  74. If you get into a bath full of water, some of the water will __ onto the floor.
  A. overlap
  B. overflow
  C. flourish
  D. flutter
  75, He did write a wonderful book, but it was just a __ in the pan.
  A. flare
  B. gleam
  C. flash
  D. glisten
  76. The Beatles, the most famous British band of the 1960s, traveled worldwide for many years, __ cultural barriers.
  A. transporting
  B. transplanting
  C. transferring
  D. transcending
  77. The meeting was so prolonged and exhausting that __ the speakers stopped for refreshments.
  A. at ease
  B. at random
  C. at intervals
  D. at large
  78. The relationship between employers and employees has been studied __
  A. originally
  B. extremely
  C. violently
  D. intensively
  79. Johnson's news report covering the conference was so __ that nothing had been omitted.
  A. understanding
  B. comprehensible
  C. comprehensive
  D. understandable
  80. The new edition of the encyclopedia __ many improvements, which is the result of the persistent effort of all the compilers.
  A. embedded
  B. embodied
  C. enchanted
  D. enclosed

会计考友 发表于 2012-8-14 11:54:22

2011年英语专业四级考试:考前冲刺每日练习(30)

</p>  51.【译文】任何处在他位置的人都会那样做。
  【解析】考查虚拟语气。对过去或已发生事情的虚拟假设,主句应用could/should/would have done。该句相当于If anyone had been in his position,he would have done the same。
  52.【译文】尽管我真的不喜欢艺术,但我却发现他的作品给我很深的印象。
  【解析】考查让步状语从句。while引导让步状语从旬,在这里意为“尽管,虽然”。
  53.【译文】他演讲中强烈的幽默感使在座的每位听众大声笑起来。
  【解析】考查结果状语从句。such as to引导结果。so不能充当代词,它在句中一般被用作副词来修饰形容词,故可排除A、C。题干后部分不是以从句的形式出现,故选D。
  54.【译文】到那个时候为止,他家里已经有六个月没有他的消息了。 .
  【解析】考查时态。until then表明没有得到消息发生在“那个时候”之前,即过去的过去,故用过去完成时。
  55.【译文】我本来能赶上火车的,可是那天早上我睡过头了。
  【解析】考查虚拟语气。前半部分是对过去的假设,后半部分为现实的情况,could have done意为“本可以做却没有……”,D正确。must have done表示对过去的肯定推测。
  56.【译文】我沿着走廊往下走,脚步声在空寂的大楼里令人毛骨悚然地回响着。
  【解析】考查分词短语作伴随状语。my footsteps与echo的关系是主动的,因此用现在分词。另外,现在分词作伴随状语表示与谓语动词的动作同时发生,故选A。
  57.【译文】政府同意设置服务设施,经费由居民在十年内偿还。
  【解析】考查限制性定语从句。which在句中是关系代词,要引导一个句子,而8、C、D三个选项中都没有谓语.因此不是句子,故选A。
  58.【译文】下面哪句话是错误的?
  【解析】patience为不可数名词,可以被lots of修饰;C项“他的理论基本正确”,all but意为“几乎,差不多”;D中can’t help but后接动词原形:dare既可用作情态动词又可作实义动词。作情态动词时,dare无人称和数的变化;作实义动词时,后接不定式,其否定形式为didn’t/don’t/ldoesn’t dare to do sth.。故B错误。
  59.【译文】可见光的平均波长是一粒原子直径的2000倍。
  【解析】考查倍数的表达。题干中2000 times提示是对atom和light的比较,故可排除A、c。D中that是多余的.more than+名词已表示“多于……”。
  60.【译文】是你停止工作的时候了。
  【解析】考查固定句型It’s high time…的用法。It is(high)time(that)后面的从旬谓语动词要用过去时或“should+动阋原形”,且should不可省略,故选A。
  61.【译文】那个国家已经发射了三艘无人驾驶宇宙飞船,最近的一次是在上个5月底发射的。
  【解析】考查独立主格结构。题干已有谓语,且这个句子的前后两部分是由逗号隔开的,因此逗号后面部分不能出现谓语动词,可排除A。C项表示正在被发射,D项表示将被发射,与后面的时间状语不符,也可排除。B表完成、被动,符合题干。
  62.【译文】在“I raised my voice tO make myself heard”一句中,斜体部分在句中充当什么成分?
  【解析】考查句子成分关系。在该句中,主语为I,谓语动词是raised,宾语为my voice,斜体部分(to make myself heard)修饰raised my voice表目的,故是目的状语,选8。
  63.【译文】尽管他起步晚,但王先生弹钢琴即使不比李小姐好,也和她差不多。
  【解析】考查省略结构。本句中if...将as well as与Miss Li隔开,if not better than完整形式应为if he didn’t play better than。A为正确答案。
  64.【译文】这本书和我上周看的那本一样。
  【解析】考查as的用法。the same…as表示“和……一样”,as后接一个定语从句。
  65.【译文】老师和学生都期盼着暑假的来临。
  【解析】考查主谓一致。句子谓语动词的单复数形式与as well as前面的主语保持一致,这里的主语是the teacher,故谓语动词用单数,选B。
  66.【译文】两年以前,他去英国深造。
  【解析】考查强调句型。It is(was)+被强调部分+that(who)+句子其他部分,当强调的部分是人,且为句子的主语时,用wh0,其余情况下用that。故选D。
  67.【译文】每一个司机都认为,交通事故只会发生在其他人身上。
  【解析】形容词词义辨析题。average“普通的,一般的”;colnnlon“常见的,普通的,不足为奇的”有时引申为“平凡的”,强调事物的共同性。usual“通常的,惯常的”强调习惯性的,符合规章制度的,是一般用语。normal“正常的,标准的”。这里要表达的“一般的,普通的”的含义,故选A。
  68.【译文】欧盟拥有自己的议会、货币和对和平的共同愿望,它使用11种官方语言宣布其贸易开放。
  【解析】名词词义辨析题。inspiration“灵感,鼓舞人心的人或事”;assimilation“吸收,同化作用”;intuition“直觉”:aspiration“渴望,抱负”。对“和平”应该是人人的“渴望”,故选D。
  69.【译文】你有没有听到隔壁房间昨天整个晚上有人走采走去?
  【解析】动词短语含义辨析题。move about“四处走动,到处旅行”;move alon9“向前移动”;move off“离去,出发”:move on“继续前进”。根据分析可知应选A。
  70.【译文】作为发展中国家的中国理应加快经济发展以提高人民的生活水平。
  【解析】形近词词义辨析题。economical“省钱的,节约的”;economy“经济;便宜的,实惠的”;econoinic“经济(上)的”:economics“经济学”。这里要表示的是“经济的”发展,故选C。
  71.【译文】那位领导者公然藐视公众意见一意孤行,这引起了广大人民的愤慨。
  【解析】名词词义辨析题。defiance“违抗,蔑视”,in defiance of“公然蔑视”;reflection“反射,深思”;obedience “服从,顺从”,in obedience to“遵照”;observation“观察”。由题干后半句可知leader应该是“违抗”了民众意见.故选Ao
  72.【译文】别再责怪你自己了,不是你的错。
  【解析】动词词义辨析题。retort“反击,反驳’’;represent“作为……的代表”;reproach“责备,谴责”;repress“抑制,镇压”。根据词义可知选C。
  73.【译文】老板令我失望了那么多次,我不再相信他的任何诺言了。
  【解析】名词词义辨析与搭配题。assurance‘‘自信;保证;保险”;probability“可能性,几率”;reliance“信任;依赖”;conformity“遵守,符合”。place/put reliance on…“信任……”。
  74.【译文】他们每周都派发资料,不管它有用与否。
  【解析】短语含义辨析题。in consideration of“考虑到”;irrespective of“不顾……的,不论……的”;with theexception of‘‘除……以外”;with regard to“关于”。根据词义代入可知B符合。
  75.【译文】那个小男孩因为把他的鞋袜弄湿了而遭骂。
  【解析】动词词义辨析题。charge“收费,要价”;accuse‘‘控告,指责”;fine“罚款”;scold“叱责,骂”。首先可排除A、C。B一般用于accuse sb.of“指控某人”。
  76.【译文】这位记者设法对首相进行了独家采访。
  【解析】形容词词义辨析题。exclusive“专有的,独家的”;excessive“过度的,极端的”;inclusive“包含的,包括的”;extinct“灭绝的,耗尽的”。故选A。
  77.【译文】他不会在我处于困境时疏远我。 中华考试网
  【解析】考查习惯用语O rum the cold shoulder on sb.意为“冷淡,疏远”。
  78.【译文】我没有想到你会反对那+gt定。
  【解析】短语含义辨析题。0ccur to sb.“使某人突然想到”是固定句型,It didn’t occur to me“我没有想到”。hit upon“偶然发现”;flash to没有这个搭配。
  79.【译文】不要在会议室吸烟了,烟雾使我眼睛不舒服。
  【解析】动词词义辨析题。disturb指扰乱,使人不能平静或妨碍别人工作、思维或正常秩序,是程度较深的烦恼:bother"打扰,麻烦”,指使人烦恼而引起的紧张不安或感到不耐烦;upset侧重指失去精神上的平静,心理上丧失平衡;irritate“使疼痛”,指短时间的反应。烟雾给眼睛带来的影响应该是短时间的,故选D。
  80.【译文】在美国,华人中有三分之一居住在加利福尼亚州,其中主要是住在旧金山。
  【解析】副词词义辨析题。previously“以前,先前”;predominantly“主要地”;practically“实际上”;permanently “永久地”。根据词义辨析,可知选B。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 2011年英语专业四级考试:考前冲刺每日练习(30)