会计考友 发表于 2012-8-14 13:19:23

英语等级四级考试阅读讲解四

Use of English
Read the following text. Choose thebest word or phrase marked A, B, C, Dfor each numbered blank.
Ira Carlin, worldwide media directorof the world’s _1__ advertising agency,Mocn Erickson is quite candid aboutusing fear to sell message about thecommunications revolution.
one prediction shows that 55 percentof advertising by volume will be carriedon the Internet _2_2005. Consumers willhave control and choice ofcommunication; they will also havecontrol over _3__ advertisements theywatch, and how. But that will only_4__to the “information enabled”, saysCarlin. “There’ll be an upstairs- downstairs schism…The widening_5__between the information enabled andinformation disenabled is going to be agreater social problem_6_ any seemingsocial problem we’ve ever had in thepast, _7_ racial and _8_ problems.”
Look at what is already happening,Carlin says. _9_ in Manhattan, he canchoose the way he receives his dailynews. He can open his front door andpick up his own personal copy station ofthe New York Times. He can _10_ theradio station of the New York Times, andlisten to the same news. “or I cansimply click into newyorktimes.com onthe Internet and get the print_11_; orhear the audio files or see the video_12_ the New York Times stringers havesupplied, through my computer. It’s thesame news, but I choose the mediamodality.”
The revolution goes _13_. Carlin’scomputer can currently stream videos tohim at 22 frames per second, _14_ thepicture big enough to occupy one-quarterto one third of the monitor screen.“Six months from now, I guarantee it, Iwill be able to _15_ a full-screen videoat 30 frames per second. That means I’ ll be watching television, but I’ll begetting it _16_ telephone connection.”McCann Detroit, says Carlin, _17_theworld’s first video ad, in early 1997,on pointcast.com is a free news andinformation service, “fully _18_ byadvertising.” It was _19_ in early 1996and has 2.1 million subscribers in theUS. pointcast.com uses a specialsoftware program to work out _20_ ads aperson might be interested in, bymonitoring their selection of news andinformation on the Net, “I do a lot oftechnology and marketing work,” saysCarlin. “Because of that, the computerprogram think I’m rich,. It sends mestockbroker ads and technology ads.”
1. A. large B.largest C.larger D.the largest
2. A. by B. at C. on D. in
3. A. that B. which C. who D. what
4. A. apply B. belong C. cater D.use
5. A.different B. gap C.relationship D. distance
6. A. as B. to C. that D .than
7. A. include B. including C.included D. include
8. A.econmy B. economic C.economical D. economically
9. A. living B. live C. to live D.lived
10. A. tune to B .turn in C. tune atD. turn on
11. A. electronically B. electronicC. electronics D. electron
12. A. who B. where C. that D. what