QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 58|回复: 0

[PETS四级] 英语等级四级考试阅读讲解四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 13:19:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Use of English# D9 I9 D* j/ `6 `
Read the following text. Choose the  best word or phrase marked A, B, C, D  for each numbered blank.
  X# J3 ?; q# m, G$ A9 N5 jIra Carlin, worldwide media director  of the world’s _1__ advertising agency,  Mocn Erickson is quite candid about  using fear to sell message about the  communications revolution.0 \9 n) e: T" Z  v4 M, s5 l6 R+ l
one prediction shows that 55 percent  of advertising by volume will be carried  on the Internet _2_2005. Consumers will  have control and choice of  communication; they will also have  control over _3__ advertisements they  watch, and how. But that will only_4__  to the “information enabled”, says  Carlin. “There’ll be an upstairs- downstairs schism…The widening  _5__between the information enabled and  information disenabled is going to be a  greater social problem_6_ any seeming  social problem we’ve ever had in the  past, _7_ racial and _8_ problems.”2 d4 }' {, G% A2 I
Look at what is already happening,  Carlin says. _9_ in Manhattan, he can  choose the way he receives his daily  news. He can open his front door and  pick up his own personal copy station of  the New York Times. He can _10_ the  radio station of the New York Times, and  listen to the same news. “or I can  simply click into newyorktimes.com on  the Internet and get the print_11_; or  hear the audio files or see the video  _12_ the New York Times stringers have  supplied, through my computer. It’s the  same news, but I choose the media  modality.”
1 Q+ b9 v7 D2 o2 e  _. yThe revolution goes _13_. Carlin’s  computer can currently stream videos to  him at 22 frames per second, _14_ the  picture big enough to occupy one-quarter  to one third of the monitor screen.  “Six months from now, I guarantee it, I  will be able to _15_ a full-screen video  at 30 frames per second. That means I’ ll be watching television, but I’ll be  getting it _16_ telephone connection.”  McCann Detroit, says Carlin, _17_the  world’s first video ad, in early 1997,  on pointcast.com is a free news and  information service, “fully _18_ by  advertising.” It was _19_ in early 1996  and has 2.1 million subscribers in the  US. pointcast.com uses a special  software program to work out _20_ ads a  person might be interested in, by  monitoring their selection of news and  information on the Net, “I do a lot of  technology and marketing work,” says  Carlin. “Because of that, the computer  program think I’m rich,. It sends me  stockbroker ads and technology ads.”9 _) A2 E" ^- M, U% u) u* a5 E
1. A. large B.largest C.larger D.  the largest
7 @) n; T( U3 `8 O& A3 w+ ~) ^2. A. by B. at C. on D. in
4 G# @. V  U% C3. A. that B. which C. who D. what/ a7 {0 S; R( Q
4. A. apply B. belong C. cater D.  use
3 p$ w+ E& m; o  Q- Z2 W; f6 j& X5. A.different B. gap C.  relationship D. distance. t# e0 V' p  q" e
6. A. as B. to C. that D .than5 H- O1 P% q2 ?5 f' [% g
7. A. include B. including C.  included D. include. x1 [) ^" t) k9 O
8. A.econmy B. economic C.  economical D. economically* Z) x, c' n1 @9 b. W  ^* z
9. A. living B. live C. to live D.  lived
7 J4 y" z* q8 j: H10. A. tune to B .turn in C. tune at  D. turn on
2 A9 K7 }+ ?- X11. A. electronically B. electronic  C. electronics D. electron# e& E/ O( D' m5 m2 v" ^
12. A. who B. where C. that D. what
. p0 C" X3 C# P$ @$ A13. A farther B. furthest C.  farthest D. further
+ s" l% q$ z5 `- _' o& O- W- d14. A at B . without C. with D.  within- T; n# k: T7 `- h
15. A . accept B. admit C . recall D  . receive
( H, N3 v9 c( F0 P16. A. through B. throughout C.  thorough D. thoroughly; X! K* g1 ~! V6 C7 @  _' l! H
17. A. put on B. put off C. put out  D. put up5 W. c; q8 d2 U* \, ^
18. A. support B. to support C.  supported D. supporting! ~$ a+ @% B/ U- ]3 V6 t
19. A set off B. set out C. et in D.  set up/ B, Q4 |3 l4 `: f" q" Q
20. A that B. what C which D. who
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 14:24 , Processed in 0.210193 second(s), 21 queries .