立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 64|回复: 1

[GRE写作] 历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲二十四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Idealism is just as crucial—if not more so—for long-term success in any endeavor, whether it be in academics, business, or political and social reform.
5 y6 M8 A! Y% Z7 K1.       When it comes to academics, although the idealist-student might sacrifice a high overall grade average, the depth of knowledge, academic discipline, and sense of purpose the students gains will serve that student well later in life. " H. j- k7 V' y$ S; d. q
2.       Considering the business world, without a dream or vision—that is, without strong idealist leadership—a firm can easily be cast about in the sea of commerce without clear direction, threatening not only the firm’s bottom line but also its very survival. ; v' p( v7 F$ R5 \$ X7 J
3.       Finally, when it comes to the political arena, it is idealists—not pragmatists—who sway the masses, incite revolutions, and make political ideology reality.  
! x$ V) O) h; [, Y( ^2 h理想和现实  8 y: v/ ^9 L2 V& ?8 Q9 Q
------------------------------  
4 I% f: h) T4 X. k2 |9 f% _& D    4 K9 Z' i6 A/ t3 R7 [
118. "In any field of endeavor-the sciences, the humanities, the social sciences, industry, etc.-it is not the attainment of a goal that matters, but rather the ideas and discoveries that are encountered on the way to the goal."  + b  H. r: d' ?1 c- c$ k
   ! |5 |* n# M$ E1 n
在所有的物质领域中--科学、人文科学、社会科学、工业等等--能否达到目的并不重要,而在争取达到目的的过程中获得的想法和发现才更重要。  5 d% U) @  Z: F0 @" M2 ]. g  u
   - U9 {- F1 N. g" m( I$ p9 q# ~* |
In some cases, the statement makes sense; in other cases, it does not. : X. z9 L: @% m. F* M& c8 n& V# M
1.       In academic studies, the goal of a project is but a general direction; what matters are the unexpected concrete findings on the way to the goal.
0 k) h" O. H2 F; i8 [# {2.       However, in industry and business, what is crucial is the attainment of a specific goal rather than the process toward that goal. # r6 E: {: ~6 K) Y6 m, z5 I" m
3.       In politics, failing to achieve a promised goal might mean a calamity for a politician.
2 G6 l, Y- G' S' m过程和结果  2 A/ p! J  M: z5 ~. V
------------------------------    Z, t0 E5 a9 N! [  {+ p& r5 O7 Q
     E7 A+ ~% y- V7 s
121. "At various times in the geological past, many species have become extinct as a result of natural, rather than human, processes. Thus, there is no justification for society to make extraordinary efforts, especially at a great cost in money and jobs, to save endangered species."  
& T9 |8 R" e3 @, }   
; Q- J+ K# p, @4 f) k在过去不同的地质时期,许多的物种因为自然作用而非人类行为而灭绝。因此,人类社会为了挽救濒危物种而付出的巨大努力,尤其是以大量的资金和工作机会为代价,这样做是毫无道理的。  
' x; C' U$ j" z% f2 b  ' @8 j+ X- D0 g' G4 Q7 i
  / ?0 x* Q/ g+ j& e
The statement raises a variety of issues about morality, conscience, self-preservation, and economics. On balance, however, I fundamentally agree with the notion that humans need not make “extraordinary” efforts—at the expense of money and jobs—to ensure the preservation of any endangered species.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:22 | 显示全部楼层

历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲二十四

1.       There are three fundamental arguments for imposing on ourselves at least some responsibility to preserve endangered species, which are culpability, capability, and self-preservation.
0 H( w% C' |6 d( m- i2.       On the other hand are two compelling arguments against placing a duty on humans to protect endangered species. The first is essentially the Darwinian argument that extinction results from the inexorable process of so-called “natural selection” in which stronger species survive while weaker ones do not.
! y0 D6 A) q5 w0 b! Q% s3.       Secondly, many animal extinctions are due to natural forces which are far beyond our ability. The more money and jobs it would cost to save a certain species, the lower priority we should place on doing so. / E. ]! O% Q" }1 s
人类和自然--当务之急(资金、工作)和长远考虑(物种)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 18:54 , Processed in 0.174911 second(s), 23 queries .