立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 104|回复: 1

[GRE写作] 历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲二十五

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
127. "Facts are stubborn things. They cannot be altered by our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions."  
# R- N3 L, {/ `* s0 N" P   
/ G- k5 ]- Y1 E* S' _  K) k事实都是固执的。它不可能随着我们的愿望、喜好或者情绪而改变。  
3 s1 n3 {  w9 N7 P, w% b5 Y  ; O  c5 w  t0 I5 H- L, q
When it comes to certain aspect of our personal lives, and to historical events and scientific truths, no measure of desire or even passion can change external reality. : ?, V# D( J9 `4 E

3 i9 b% w+ |* l, B* |8 ]% P* Z1.       On an individual level, we all engage in futile attempts to alter facts—by pretending that certain things are not the way they are because they are inconsistent with our wishes or personal interests.
! r9 V& p6 i) t9 }, L2.       Nor can we alter facts by virtue of our inclinations or passions when it comes to history. Historical event is not rendered any less factual by either our ignorance or characterization of it. / i5 E' X& r7 t' y- Z9 a8 N
3.       Similarly, when it comes to science, our wishes and desires ultimately yield to the stubbornness of facts—by which I mean empirical scientific evidence and the laws and principles of the physical world.
6 X& q7 X- o. l. f6 x客观和主观  
8 G, ~5 L/ N, N- Q% _------------------------------  
8 _6 {! u; |) V4 w! `# f  
: N% }2 L1 j! b% `- s" K136. "The absence of choice is a circumstance that is very, very rare."  
. a$ D# j- v" A4 N: n2 @; [8 u; J   
( t/ z4 f7 U: a" H' t# F; Y4 S! k/ n  I没有选择的情况少之又少。  
+ k6 M) G3 [( q# i    W8 n0 `* C% y+ I# G
Agree
9 v* m5 h! a: L8 I* x$ Q1.       Our collective life experience is that we make choices and decisions every day—on a continual basis. Common sense dictates that humans have free will, and therefore the true absence of choice is very rare. , C( |/ p- d! R2 ~
2.       People often claim that life’s circumstances leave them with “no choice”. The fundamental problem with these sorts of claim is that the claimants are only considering those choice that are not viable or attractive.
. |9 X1 h" ^9 {" F2 C- T3.       Besides, the contention that we are almost invariably free to choose is far more appealing from a socio-political standpoint than the opposite claim. ) O  h2 d; {: s& p2 {
独立题目  
( ~4 C2 T0 {# x% P# A------------------------------  
  Y0 L! D( ~2 ]; ~& ^- p   
2 \3 ~- _" n- K* L  X3 C137. "What we call progress is a matter of exchanging one problem for another."  
* E4 m! a# _6 c9 p% r/ _$ f; V. X   
5 d! l5 L$ Y7 B我们所称之为进步的过程就是从一个问题变化到另一个问题。  
% K% S4 c& e( @0 G   & g- H$ u6 |! h4 k3 N7 n
Agree
0 z+ f. E* X6 O0 }1.       Industrialization, a great historical progress which has dramatically saved the limited labor force, has brought about environmental problems.
/ }  z* U8 t  g6 N6 E  D) |2.       Urbanization, another breakthrough in human history, has witnessed a rise in crime rates and disintegration of communities. % |* X* q. l, E" [2 O# Q. V3 x
3.       However, there is no need to be pessimistic about progress.
0 N: D) p$ \! _8 D5 l; h  9 L/ e8 {2 M/ ^6 K8 ^4 l
独立
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:22 | 显示全部楼层

历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲二十五

------------------------------
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 14:24 , Processed in 0.282167 second(s), 23 queries .