立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 72|回复: 1

[GRE写作] 历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲五十九

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
138. "Only through mistakes can there be discovery or progress."  ( W) ?* `0 l) z( k% S6 v

/ H# I0 P0 L) H% e$ J失败是成功之母  
0 w0 Z+ J$ i, h" Y9 c! l3 PAgree # n# w1 A& }3 O" S
1.       To begin with, the contention accords with our everyday experience as humans from early childhood through adulthood.
6 `3 o6 `0 {; K# r7 A* K5 c2.       This same principle also applies on a societal level. Consider, however, how we progress in our scientific knowledge.
6 R8 p; |- W0 a0 ~1 m+ o3.       The value of trial-and-error is not limited to the sciences. In government and politics, progress usually comes about through dissension and challenge—that is, when people point out the mistake of those in power.
6 Y2 e8 L! n& L5 ?3 Q7 T. D/ K------------------------------ & u% N. f) m6 t, M4 I3 `3 c. m
164. "Sometimes imagination is a more valuable asset than experience. People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible and thus can approach a task without constraints of established habits and attitudes."  
: S, `9 @% r# ]+ [+ S   
! S. y* V! F2 o' V8 g, ]/ W( B$ _有时候想象力是比经验更有价值的财富。缺少经验的人得以自由的想象任何可能性,并且由此可以达成一个目标而不受既定习惯和态度的限制。  
4 D  v9 G+ Q6 u( g8 G   1 V: U  C' {8 r4 C
I fundamentally agree with the speaker’s assertion; however, as the speaker implies, it is impossible not to overstate the comparative value of imagination.
  q* H  J& r1 b0 [: X- f. j  
6 c0 ~( d1 S3 B2 B3 z3 u; J1.       One need only observe young children as they go about their daily lives to appreciate the role that pure imagination can play as an aid to accomplishing tasks. ) }/ }5 }- R: L2 P7 N8 u* `0 f
2.       The speaker’s contention also finds ample empirical support in certain forms of artistic accomplishment and scientific invention.   K" d, z3 k* v/ f
3.       Of course, there are many notable exceptions to the rule that imagination unfettered by experience breeds remarkable insights and accomplishments.
. F! F; z# f+ H9 e- J6 H4.       On the other hand, it is important not to take this assertion about artistic and scientific accomplishment too far. ( O. b6 h- ?! u3 ~7 l" I% t0 x* s
想象力和经验  
8 R6 ]7 m$ i1 L; x5 k2 Q. D0 D7 v------------------------------ 3 o9 q+ @, s+ o
177. "The study of an academic discipline alters the way we perceive the world. After studying the discipline, we see the same world as before, but with different eyes."  
* b- r+ r8 C, A. F   1 K9 G" L: R7 b1 ~: y" x% O$ b
对于一门学科的研究会改变我们对世界的看法。在学习这门学科之后,我们看到的世界一如既往,但是我们本身的角度和眼光已然不同。  % _6 |5 V% w% ~% J$ r
  " Y8 K0 w; V. x' S! i7 @$ }; E
1.       Through the earnest pursuit of knowledge—particularly in history and literature—we reveal to ourselves the flaws and foibles of other humans whose lives we study and read about.
" a1 F) r' Y* L! o# B% X2.       Through education we begin to see flaws not only in people but also in ideologies that we had previously embraced on pure faith.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:22 | 显示全部楼层

历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲五十九

3.       While education helps us see the flawed nature of our previously cherished ideas, paradoxically it also helps us see ideas we previously rejected out of hand in a different light—as having some merit after all. : C' P( a0 V" n! x" H2 r$ L
4.       Education in the arts alters forever the way we perceive the aesthetic world around us. " s/ p2 `- n/ _8 U" E& N4 Z1 T+ F

7 q; N3 `3 C: n$ i  W9 Z4 ^  2 ^' E6 r: Y1 ^( `% w# V
知识对于人类的影响
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 14:27 , Processed in 0.215697 second(s), 23 queries .