立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 279|回复: 1

[GRE写作] 历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲四十六

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
191. "Education should be equally devoted to enriching the personal lives of students and to training students to be productive workers."  
$ W* H  S9 k7 k: K! u2 c2 S! B教育应该平衡的一方面丰富学生的个人生活,一方面把学生培养成训练有素的工作者。  + J0 }' U7 D" |! l/ K: Y) l% M
In my view, preparing students for the mundane aspects of work should be secondary to providing a broader education that equips students with historical and cultural perspective, as well as thoughtful and principled personal value systems and priorities. # {) B) c9 T& t* _3 }3 q
1.       One reason why educators should emphasize personal enrichment over job preparation is that rote technical knowledge and skill do not help a student determine which goals in life are worthwhile and whether the means of attaining those goals are ethically or morally acceptable. 4 E6 f6 C: x2 d
2.       Another reason why educators should emphasize personal enrichment over job preparation is that specific knowledge and skills needed for jobs are changing more and more quickly.
/ ?. f  K1 i9 A2 ~: ^3.       A third reason why educators should emphasized personally enriching course work—particularly anthropology, sociology, history, and political philosophy—is that these courses help students understand, appreciate and respect other people and their viewpoints.
& L. f4 E5 g: Z6 Z; n$ Q8 e现实和理想  7 G. A( A2 g+ S1 W
  ; ]. v  N5 q+ Q; k2 f
----------------------------- # y4 _7 j/ ~4 R5 U& p* f( U" I
201. "The purpose of education should be to provide students with a value system, a standard, a set of ideas--not to prepare them for a specific job."  
* @! J) i; \. e9 _0 D2 z; Y7 T% X   
1 s7 ]% B, l. [! p  ^2 v$ d教育的目的应该是给予学生一个价值体系,一个标准,一整套想法----而不是为一个具体工作培养他们。  
+ v! X9 g$ ]$ t5 d% d, f  
9 K0 ^1 G# E  V: C/ M+ x% A1.       By helping students develop a thoughtful, principled value system educators actually help prepare students for jobs.
$ t5 {0 Z+ I1 N3 S) s  c2.       Another reason for my viewpoint lies in the fact that technology-driven industries account for an ever-increasing portion of our jobs. 9 ?6 p' ]: i( s: L
3.       Besides helping students develop their own thoughtful value systems, educators should instill in students certain basic values upon which any democratic society depends; otherwise, our freedom to choose our own jobs and careers might not survive in the long term.
+ G; Q5 e( s: O0 L4.       Admittedly, values and behavioral standards specific to certain religions are best left to parents and churches. ! Y+ v1 n; ^0 U2 s7 ?! b& A( i

6 s& u  V9 [5 B6 y  A213. "Too much emphasis has been placed on the need for students to challenge the assertions of others. In fact, the ability to compromise and work with others--that is, the ability to achieve social harmony--should be a major goal in every school."
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:22 | 显示全部楼层

历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲四十六

人们过于重视了学生们挑战他人主张的要求。实际上,达成社会和谐的能力,比如容让和协作能力,应该成为每一所学校的主要目标。  
" I8 d$ _1 y* c. O   
9 I% T  N+ H( z; p. T( [$ mEncouraging students to think critically does not necessarily conflict with our pursuit of social harmony.
4 d  {& t! i  ?( r1.       Critical thinking is key to students both academically and politically.
, ^: ~3 f5 t- Q2.       It is necessary for students to criticize the views of each other in their studies, which does not necessarily lead to conflicts among them.
( S) b$ H+ _) M' z, C! b3.       Compromising is harmful in academic pursuits. & k, y; C, g( G2 h* h, {3 N
  1 ]3 e& P3 M; k( k8 G* a; {' o

. x, v2 i& C( O0 m0 V- {. B1 U---------------------------   - t8 ~9 u3 Y- P) Q% z1 @
214. "Society should identify those children who have special talents and abilities and begin training them at an early age so that they can eventually excel in their areas of ability. Otherwise, these talents are likely to remain undeveloped."  . j4 G# P/ d1 e
   . W& X" d+ r$ \8 C/ y- |/ [3 o
社会应该发现那些具有特殊天赋和能力的孩子,并且在年幼的时候就开始训练他们以便于这些孩子最终可以在他们擅长的领域中出类拔萃。否则这些天才就可能会止步不前。  & `0 k; v0 Z- y! f; v6 Z8 Y

) Z" ]! c8 K; V1.       At first blush the statement appears compelling. I agree with the statement insofar as any society that values its own future well-being must be attentive to its children’s talents. % V; x5 W+ o( o3 T2 k
2.       Beyond this concession, however, I disagree with the statement because it seems to recommend that certain children receive special attention at the expense of other children—a recommendation that I find troubling.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 13:59 , Processed in 0.610000 second(s), 23 queries .