立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 48|回复: 0

[GRE写作] 历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲四十三

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
102. "For better or worse, education is a process that involves revising the ideas, beliefs, and values people held in the past."  
4 ^& p& Q! l. P; g* ?$ m   0 b$ G1 u3 u+ B. i) j, d9 C
不论好坏,教育是一个修正人们过去所持有的理念、信仰和价值观的过程。  ( r$ G3 U2 _8 j' w+ o; E

4 l# M* y) a" z& u: oEducation is far more involved than just revising people’s old ideas, beliefs and values.
2 r8 e$ }8 Q6 x1.       Education often inputs, rather than revise, ideas and values to people’s mind.
* e9 t5 _( L! X% L2.       The ultimate purpose of education is to teach the young generation how to confront the challenges of the present. 8 A7 m% T1 G' a* r$ p
除旧取新的过程   b: ^$ u- g! C) G: J$ B
  & I5 N% D' T: }* }% B
----------------------------- 9 H9 l3 F; ?$ w/ p; Q; @& h4 Y' b
104. "It is primarily through formal education that a culture tries to perpetuate the ideas it favors and discredit the ideas it fears."  3 R3 w$ y. B" H7 k* l

* e% ~9 M% G/ t3 f3 p# \! p如果一个文化想要它认为好的理念永世长存而摈弃它厌恶的理念,主要是通过正规的教育。  
, U( @" l, s9 c2 [, K4 v5 V   6 v  z' [; `& g$ _8 V9 `
1.       I agree with the speaker with respect to formal grade-school and even high-school education, yet the degree to which our grade schools and high schools emphasize indoctrination should not be overstated.
2 E; G( @2 O( ^$ ]; A2.       Although the speaker’s assertion has some merit when it comes to the education of young people, I find it erroneous when it comes to higher education. ; l  [: u) X6 w
3.       The speaker also ignores other means by which our culture perpetuates ideas it favors and discredits ideas it fears.
; z& s: Q: i3 L8 j8 w0 {- g教育问题  4 [. ^5 _! r. Z

# j( d9 i% E7 N6 |1 D  
1 v7 U+ _( M& A# q. [8 q106. "All students should be required to take at least one course in ethics, even if taking the course means a decreased emphasis on academic subjects."  
! ]+ m# S' t: |1 _   . Z3 h% j% n4 O/ q$ {) J4 R: e& s
所有的学生都应该被要求至少选修一门道德课,即使学这门课意味着会影响学术课程的学习。  
% w- O! `! u& X8 x' l   
4 T) V& r( S* y3 X7 W1 u1.       Nowadays, people tend to attach less and less importance to the inculcation of morality. ; X! `' _7 ~/ f4 D' j$ ?( ]
2.       Knowledge of ethics provides students with a correct view of life and career.
) h% h3 c+ z/ S3.       The goal of education is to help students grow not only intellectually, but also ethically.  
! j5 f0 c: B, x; e( p$ X, B  ]现实和道德  9 R. x8 }" ^' Q- H, f7 n. Q( W* r
------------------------------ - g+ f4 y9 O1 D2 \
112. "Some educational systems emphasize the development of students’ capacity for reasoning and logical thinking, but students would benefit more from an education that also taught them to explore their own emotions."  . }# h( x! M' s" k) I1 ^& J

, h0 G4 C4 d4 s( E& M一些教育体系强调学生逻辑推理思维能力的发展,但是那些教学生们探究自身情绪的教育对学生们才更有好处。  
" S& e: f% N5 Z/ Z/ i2 Y) f$ ^, i; f0 W   % z  u6 y; d1 W1 \$ i8 d
While I concede that in certain fields students are well served by nurturing their emotions and feelings, in most academic disciplines it is by cultivating intellect rather than emotions that students master their discipline and, in turn, gain a capacity to contribute to the well-being of society. " {8 f; Q4 c; d2 |( ~; J7 Y
  : R5 s) q; N- e& H
1.       I agree with the speaker insofar as undue emphasis on reason and logical thinking can have a chilling effect on the arts. - d0 k. F& P0 K  |0 c: }
2.       Aside from its utility in the arts, however, the exploration of emotions has little place in educational systems. 0 h7 v+ e0 O! g) |
Indeed, on a systemic scale undue emphasis on the exploration of our emotions can have deleterious societal consequences. Emotions invite irrationality in thought and action, the danger of which are all too evident in contemporary world history.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 01:43 , Processed in 0.203605 second(s), 21 queries .