立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 97|回复: 0

[GRE写作] 新GRE写作指导:修辞手法的运用(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
6) Understatement:(含蓄陈述): It is the opposite of hyperbole, or overstatement。 It achieves its effect of emphasizing a fact by deliberately(故意地) understating it, impressing the listener or the reader more by what is merely implied or left unsaid than by bare statement。For instance, It is no laughing matter。 7 m, |" i. Y" S; }7 Z' ]7 r
     & J2 w4 F6 |3 `& C' p$ {! w
7) Euphemism:(委婉): It is the substitution of an agreeable or inoffensive(无冒犯) expression for one that may offend or suggest something unpleasant。For instance, we refer to "die" as " pass away"。
7 t9 X* o2 M! Y     
3 E) p7 S* S& f7 e8) Metonymy (转喻): It is a figure of speech that has to do with the substitution of the mane of one thing for that of another。For instance, the pen (words) is mightier than the sword (forces)。 " E4 R) d- S3 L9 D+ b+ o# [
     外语学习网1 v/ R- V. R/ R& N) K6 c5 g
9) Synecdoche (提喻): It is involves the substitution of the part for the whole, or the whole for the part。For instance, they say there‘s bread and work for all。 She was dressed in silks。 3 J0 Q; k9 ]0 z4 r
    1 }! Q9 C4 P* V8 H
10) Antonomasia (换喻):It has also to do with substitution。 It is not often mentioned now, though it is still in frequent use。 ; N; D) p! A3 X- l% ?

! p0 j. N+ |, s" uFor example, Solomon for a wise man。 Daniel for a wise and fair judge。 Judas for a traitor。
  ]9 j9 ?$ O* A* ^7 H     - o# U/ r3 [0 T+ x# B* l
上面的几种修辞手法我们有时候在不经意的时候就用了,刻意的去构思有时候反而想不到,而一般非英语专业的同学也不必每种修辞手法都详细了解并学习。
: d1 ]' n; D- n% \7 A     ' ]4 g9 _  X3 ^6 I/ C
11) Pun (双关语): It is a play on words, or rather a play on the form and meaning of words。
0 Z: H* @6 g# S3 \& f. ?% W     www.examw.com% W$ Q2 x8 d8 C' i% {
For instance, a cannon-ball took off his legs, so he laid down his arms。 (Here "arms" has two meanings: a person‘s body; weapons carried by a soldier.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 15:28 , Processed in 0.288343 second(s), 21 queries .