立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 0

[GRE写作] 历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲六十七

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
123. "It is possible to identify a person’s politics within a very short time of meeting him or her. Everything about people-their clothes, their friends, the way they talk, what they eat-reflects their political beliefs."  
; ~, ?% ?. O: B" E- o: ?& ~& i   # l8 O3 N' a, H# x; |. t0 ?; Q- U
通过和一个人短时间的接触来了解它的政治信仰是有可能的。和人们有关的一切--人们穿什么样的衣服、结交什么样的朋友、如何说话、吃什么东西--都能够反映出他们的政治信仰。  
# n! G6 Q' o, S3 v7 g7 V   
3 r3 B0 ~5 E* ^9 s  A) sA person’s words and behavior could directly reflect his or her political beliefs.
6 ~0 I7 W7 s3 Q. `: }4 A+ N6 }6 ?9 ]$ e1.       What one wears and eats indicates the way of life he or she advocates.
; \" g# N7 F2 i" g$ w2.       We can also identify a person’s ideals, qualities and values from the type of friends he or she associates with. “Birds of a feather flock together.”  1 ]! E5 r3 @) Y4 G" @- ~" G& ?
3.       Of course, it is also necessary to watch a person’s deeds if we want to know for sure what he or she truly believes in.
0 t3 T7 T& P5 O: O& g+ c7 \, n政治是无处不在的  
3 N- n3 \. f: k  i; [------------------------------
* [+ G5 ]2 J- n/ n9 R$ X6 r  8 q* q- Q2 L+ Z; Z

. p3 D' i8 P( F1 H4 Q167. "It is impossible for an effective political leader to tell the truth all the time. Complete honesty is not a useful virtue for a politician."  
/ J3 g: M# g& C5 U: c! r% n   8 R8 R; \9 E# K4 M
对于一个英明的政治领导者来说,总是坦白是不可能的。彻底的诚实对于一个政治家来说是无用的美德。  6 Q& G1 D/ n: t

* d; o' T6 L2 B+ M; N5 IIn order to evaluate this contention it is necessary to examine the nature of politics, and to distinguish between short-term and long-term effectiveness. / d( }7 N4 M- c& d
1.       On the one hand are three compelling arguments that political leader must sometimes be less than truthful in order to be effective in that leadership. The first argument lies in the fact that politics is a game played among politicians—and that to succeed in the game one must use the tools that are part and parcel of it.
$ v) Z" {. `+ m5 c6 h7 J2.       Secondly, it is crucial to distinguish between misrepresentations of fact—in other words, lies—and mere political rhetoric.
- S2 Y6 ^# I6 c( ^3.       Thirdly, politics is a business born not only of idealism but also of pragmatism; after all, in order to be effective a politician must gain and hold onto political power, which means winning election.
" U* n* N9 x. V4 e' ?( J0 M4.       On the other hand, although in the short term being less-than-truthful with the public might serve a political leader’s interest in preserving power, would-be political leaders who lack requisite integrity ultimately forfeit their leadership.
2 k( I* |$ B1 s. K( R4 U1 ~  
& C$ F: M# f1 ?) a. _领导者问题  
- U6 p8 M! B) [, a' L  2 a( c' e+ f" I* L) d" F$ ^
--------------
+ J& b$ [  l6 C/ g0 g. ?$ K169. "Those who treat politics and morality as though they were separate realms fail to understand either the one or the other."  : h, ?7 z! [+ X$ U* h! n9 C3 P: W
Agree: " e/ S, }) s0 C
1.       It is wrong-headed to equate moral behavior in politics with the simple notions of honesty and putting the other fellow’s needs ahead of one’s own—or other ways which we typically measure the morality of an individual’s private behavior.
. }9 @6 z" N" l/ h# [3 s( _: |2.       In order to gain the opportunity for moral leadership politicians must engage in certain compromises along the way. 9 ~" ?9 e- T8 w+ H( L' }0 v
3.       Successful political leadership, if it is to endure, ultimately requires a certain measure of public morality—that is serving the society with its best interests as the leader’s overriding concern.  1 S. h7 J7 j/ C
那些把政治和道德看成是两码事的人是既不懂政治也不懂道德的。  , h* M+ i8 Y0 s& Z" J2 G, O
  - h; }, u4 b% W3 u5 D  l
政治和道德的关系
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 22:25 , Processed in 0.196616 second(s), 21 queries .