立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 65|回复: 0

[GRE写作] 历年GRE考试Issue题库分析与提纲六十一

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:52:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
183. "As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible, but more complex and more mysterious."  ' t8 M. X2 E" g; p

9 Y: |  |. P( f# Z( _( s随着我们获得越来越多的知识,事情并没有变的更加透彻,相反是变的更复杂更神秘。  
. |, @$ M7 P/ T   + X$ Z4 P+ }3 P0 Z0 U+ b
As our knowledge of the world accumulates, we arrive at a higher stage of civilization although the world may appear more complex and more mysterious. . I) s$ ]& l% b  S% a- j
1.       The world in the eyes of primitive tribes was much simpler and thus more “comprehensible” in a sense and certainly more backward.
1 l, M1 \5 {2 w% d7 G2.       If we compare the known part of the world to the space within a circle, the unknown part of the world around the circle grows as the circle of our knowledge expands.
2 P' p8 ]* H8 B3.       There is no need to feel frustrated about the increasingly more complex and more mysterious world that we confront because our knowledge in total keeps growing and correspondingly we are becoming better equipped to cope with the problems that emerge.
# C: e# K) l( S------------------------------
, w1 g  _0 R7 `$ s! `) x7 g1 t200. "The most elusive knowledge is self-knowledge, and it is usually acquired through solitude, rather than through interaction with others."  
8 L) M3 Z: s- j2 [   
3 {9 _8 [& S& c8 HElusive: Abstruse, hard to comprehend   1 a- Z* D' n& O& O8 _
Self-knowledge: knowledge or understandings of ones own capabilities, character, feelings, or motivations  
6 X0 Z/ `' T8 u6 I6 }0 n- O/ ASolitude: alone, seclusion  
# K2 l6 _% O- i: a最艰深难懂的学问都是自知之明的,这些学问通常都是独立发展起来的而不是通过和其他人的交流。  , v9 o$ C/ Q. P9 u; C
   $ b, ^+ T9 Y1 o' o2 `
Both solitude and interaction with others contributes to self-knowledge.
* C) O% h/ K/ g& Y. a. J+ o' Y1.       To lead a happy life, the first thing is to know ourselves. “An unexamined life is not worth living.”
, E, e+ C- J& H# v8 h2.       One way to know ourselves is to examine ourselves alone.
, ]3 z7 I! U8 ~7 L6 J% `3.       However, interaction with others can also help us see more clearly who we are. . L4 B" F! g- D1 I5 B
少数和多数之自知之明的学问 * x) k# c; t- K3 n1 h
  " v2 y' v) O( [* v1 s' B' m

. e* E$ r6 i/ c204. "We learn through direct experience; to accept a theory without experiencing it is to learn nothing at all."  ; D4 e) z) b$ d
我们通过直接经验来学习,如果没有通过体验来接受一个理论就等于根本没学。  
0 M. i" B0 n; u( f7 B   - O2 L: C% Q7 v) s" J1 s' s7 G
Disagree
, D4 c: M' d$ y1.       Even though experience is a most lively and vivid way that we learn things, it is by no means the only way.
5 B. h! W: X1 E, e) a2.       Admittedly, by putting a theory into practice, we can either improve it or prove its truth.
0 t# u$ r6 v5 i3.       However, there is no need for us to experience every theory before accepting and benefiting from it.
7 Q. W- a9 Z3 r9 c  ^' R直接经验和间接经验
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 04:20 , Processed in 0.174068 second(s), 21 queries .