QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 279|回复: 5

[GRE填空] GRE考试之填空摘录

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:59:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
(9)98.11
2 I0 I4 v* D% J' M4 A1. There is hardly a generalization that can be made about people’s social behavior and the values informing it that cannot be challenged from one or another point of view, or even dismissed as simplistic or vapid.1 y) p2 u+ X+ {
2. Although any destruction of vitamins caused by food irradiation could be counterbalanced by the use of diet supplements, there may be no protection from carcinogens that some fear might be introduced into foods by the process.) E" ]& Q4 @. V/ z2 {& T+ A0 |0 a
3. Though he refused any responsibility for the failure of the negotiations, Stevenson had no right to absolve himself: it was his acrimony that had caused the debacle.
& v" N4 b. P4 g4 r9 V4. The prevailing union of passionate interest in detailed facts with equal devotion to abstract generalization is a hallmark of our present society; in the past this union appeared, at best, sporadically and as if by chance.5 G# ~0 |2 |+ ~5 T: w) M) }0 v
5. A century ago the physician’s word was incontrovertible to doubt it was considered almost sacrilegious9 T3 d/ ~& I2 }/ [. n, E3 h5 [
6. So much of modern fiction in the United States is autobiographical, and so much of the autobiography fictionalized, that the genres sometimes seem largely interchangeable .
& u" m9 o7 b. k( K# A4 _# l7. Robin’s words were not without emotion: they retained their level tone only by a careful equipoise between imminent extremes., w; |6 J- r% `+ B

" S! N/ L& L' D7 }- ]# M) b+ c1 I# YSECTION 4' R8 Q( A* n7 O8 A5 O5 J3 V5 R
1. That she seemed to prefer dabbling to concentrated effort is undeniable; nevertheless, the impressive quality of her finished paintings suggests that her actual relationship to her art was anything but- superficial.+ Q# Y  O) U, x; p
2. Because of the excellent preservation of the fossil, anatomical details of early horseshoe crabs were clarified for the first time, enabling experts to reassess the evolution of the horseshoe crab.. _+ s! j% O- p# Y3 h7 e. Q
3. The philosopher claimed that a person who must consciously overcome his or her own indifference before helping another is behaving more nobly than one whose basic disposition allows such an act to be performed without deliberation.
  l7 D0 f7 w2 W  d8 ~- ]4. The senator's attempt to convince the public that he is not interested in running for a second term is disingenuous given the extremely public fund-raising activities of his campaign committee.. u/ j& z; F* W. J) c! Y3 ~
5. Although a change in management may appear to augur a shift in a company's fortunes, more often than not its impact is inconsiderable
$ [3 W2 ~1 J$ \9 i0 M! W& j6. The skeleton of a primitive. bird that was recently discovered indicated that this ancient creature anticipated today's birds in that, unlike earlier birds and unlike reptilian ancestors, it had not a tooth in its head.
% Y- z" z2 P# F6 C% n, H) a7. While many people utilize homeopathic remedies to treat health problems, other people do not - countenance.such alternative treatments, relying on conventional medical treatments instead.
$ g4 D+ \* i0 T5 X(8)SECTION 1
4 P* p* H2 s! [0 l, G1. While many Russian composers of the nineteenth century contributed to an emerging national style, other composers did not incorporate idiomatic Russian musical elements, preferring instead the traditional musical vocabulary of Western European Romanticism.
; e* U2 n1 H$ ~8 Z9 z% o! [2. Because the painter Albert Pinkham Ryder was obsessed with his quest for perfection, he was rarely satisfied with a painting, creating endless variations of a scene on one canvas, one on top of another.7 b& s( L) n  ?$ i
3. Objectively set standards can serve as a safeguard for physicians, providing them protection from unjustified malpractice claims.+ n! A: c" C/ O
4. In spite of lackluster reviews in the press, the production of her play was rescued from almost certain oblivion by enthusiastic audiences whose acumen was greater than that of the critics./ R9 e4 W8 H$ B3 i$ c' S4 m
5. The passions of love and pride are often found in the same individual, but having little in common, they mutually weaken, not to say destroy, each other.( Z3 T2 s1 M0 a# Z: T4 N
6. The necessity of establishing discrete categories for observations frequently leads to attempts to make absolute distinctions. when there are in reality only gradations." B* {+ y; a1 z" O2 @# i
+ P( i6 F1 p  `6 K9 L! A
7. A unique clay disk found at the Minoan site of Phaistos is often adduced as the earliest example of printing by scholars who have defended its claim to this status despite equivalent claims put
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:59:34 | 显示全部楼层

GRE考试之填空摘录

forward for other printing artifacts.</p>SECTION 4
9 l1 X# C0 p1 I2 W% w1. Punishment for violating moral rules is much more common than reward for following them;
: w& ~6 ]% |- E. \* O. q' [' s7 `+ bthus, adherence to the rules goes almost unnoticed in society.
0 [1 e* D8 I+ p2. Compassion is a great respecter of justice: we pity those who suffer undeservedly.8 A( O7 g7 Z* E! ^, u, U1 o+ n
3. No work illustrated his disdain for a systematic approach to research better than his dissertation, which was rejected primarily because his bibliography constituted, at best, a haphazard survey of the major texts in his field.
# Q# a" `3 a, U5 T6 w, w. L* I& f# u; i4. In contrast to the incuriosity with which the acquisition of language by young children was once regarded, the process by which such learning occurs has now become the object of scrutiny .
; \. b9 ^5 o; ]  G5 A  @, }, T5. The senator’s remark that she is ambivalent about running for a second term is persuasive given the extremely apathetic fund-raising activities of her campaign committee.) @" E5 @- |- M% g: [; Y1 o
6. Until quite recently research on diabetes had, as a kind of holding action, attempted to refine the treatment of the disease, primarily because no preventive strategy seemed at all likely to be practicable.' s& V3 z% r$ E2 {+ z' {. P+ M! i
7. Most plant species exhibit discontinuity in their geographical distribution: often, a given species is found over a large geographical area, but individual populations within that range are widely separated.  J+ s7 l! u6 |5 Q; u) n
(7) SECTION 3+ t8 B. X' Y/ `( T
1. What these people were waiting for would not have been apparent to others and was perhaps not very definite in their own minds.5 x6 |2 w5 t! Q. ]( [
2. The attempt to breed suitable varieties of jojoba by using hybridization to reinforce favorable traits was finally abandoned in favor of a simpler and much faster method: the domestication of flourishing wild strains.
- `5 q! v9 l4 v2 F3. According to one political theorist, a regime that has as its goal absolute supremacy without any suppression of law or principle, has declared war on justice.
) J0 H* W2 M/ J, a9 L% v4. Despite its virtues, the book deals inadequately with a number of crucial issues., f8 ?( o7 s5 U  z9 y( I1 p# Y
5. Although frequent air travelers remain unconvinced, researchers have found that, paradoxically, the temporal disorientation inherent in jet lag also may yield some mental health benefits.6 g) C+ ]2 X- A% |
6. Ironically, the proper use of figurative language must be based on the denotative meaning of the words, because it is the failure to recognize this literal meaning that leads to mixed metaphors and their attendant incongruity.3 \% `  W( d5 V' }. W8 [
7. Although it seems axiomatic that there would be a greater risk of serious automobile accidents in densely populated areas, such accidents are more likely to occur in sparsely populated regions.8 ^. c& X3 I8 l  p
SECTION 6
9 S  y0 f5 O' ?5 y1. If the theory is self-evidently true, as its proponents assert, then why does opposition to it still exist among well-informed people?9 W& P) ]! y$ u$ S& i' o3 Q( ^
2. Although the incidence of cases of measles has declined, researchers fear that eradication of the disease, once believed to be imminent, may not come soon.( p0 T" W1 w7 e1 O
3. Nothing epitomizes his irresponsibility better than his unnecessary delay in sending us the items he promised weeks ago.6 f6 s/ v) K, v* a/ t
4. The author did not see the incongruity inherent in her scathing criticism of a writing style so similar to her own.! \& J3 N+ W0 {
5. Whereas the Elizabethans struggled with the transition from medieval corporate experience to modern individualism, we confront an electronic technology that seems likely to reverse the trend, rendering individualism obsolete and interdependence mandatory.0 X" q, w( Q, o* f% L: d
6. Our biological uniqueness requires that the effects of a substance must be verified by human experiments, even after thousands of tests of the effects of that substance on animals.
! }( X/ V  l! w  y7 Z7. Today water is more ubiquitous.in landscape architecture
( G( m8 W* ]5 Q4 m/ ?" s9 e0 rthan ever before, because technological advances3 b" Z% j3 ]8 n. m3 r; H
have made it easy, in some instances even obligatory to
# Q* [; a* L2 r( Cinstall water features in public places.
# V" O+ I# U4 q3 o(6) SECTION 1" F$ a# A2 R- ?) j1 H, F

' {& I7 S5 F7 i4 f) C1.While scientists dismiss as fanciful the idea of sudden changes in a genetic code (spontaneous mutation), it is possible that nature, like some master musician, improvises on occasion, departing from the expected or predictable.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:59:35 | 显示全部楼层

GRE考试之填空摘录

</p>2. Despite the contingencies of time, space, and history, human societies the world over have confronted the same existential problems and have come to remarkably similar solutions, differing only in superficial details.
* ]* f" X3 G& w/ j' }3. Although he was known to be extremely reserved in his public behavior, scholars have discovered that his diaries were written with uncommon frankness.# t* Y, K, b) ~  D/ g7 _% X/ }
4. With the burgeoning of scientific knowledge, work on the new edition of a textbook begins soon after completion of the original.
- B% c* M9 T$ q( G& Z5 I- W) \5. She is most frugal in matters of business, but in her private life she reveals a streak of prodigality.
5 g* L3 j  [+ k) P# D6. If the state government's latest budget problems were anomalous, it would not be useful to employ them as illuminating examples in the effort to avoid the inevitable effects of shortsighted fiscal planning in the future.
4 X% P7 _- N. {1 ^7. Just as some writers have despaired of the capacity of language to express meaning, Giacometti bewailed the failure of art to convey reality.
* u* ~& U( S3 b6 J! `  I5 V4 N0 P7 ISECTION 5/ v* S: c. G- H! p* z
1. In spite of the fact that it is convenient to divide the life span of animals into separate stages such as prenatal, adolescent, and senescent, these periods are not really distinct.  s$ _* O1 K7 M1 s- c* E; P0 b
2. Although the number of reported volcanic eruptions has risen exponentially since 1850, this indicates not increasing volcanic activity but rather more widespread and systematic record keeping.* y6 Z0 `/ F  P1 {- K: v9 G9 d
3. The challenge of interpreting fictional works written under politically repressive regimes lies in distinguishing what is organic to an author's beliefs, as opposed to what is imposed by political coercion.
: h& k& o% n" x% P. i5 G4. I am often impressed by my own tolerance of other people's idiocies: what is harder to appreciate is that they, in their folly, are equally engaged in putting up with mine.
3 O1 e6 x; C8 J4 r  l5 P5. Despite vigorous protestations, the grin on the teen-ager's face belied her denial that she had known about the practical joke before it was played on her parents.
+ \, x* P6 ]4 F) [7 }# _9 _& ^* J6. Far from undermining the impression of permanent decline, the tawdry statue seemed emblematic of its blighted surroundings.
& I  U/ F5 a! S+ [7. Despite the fact that it is almost universally proscribed, the practice of indentured servitude still persists in many parts of the world.% b5 Q7 i- p& V: i, @: m, \2 ?
(5) SECTION 1
) Q& U9 Q3 W/ T9 H' O1. We first became aware that her support for the new program was less than wholehearted when she declined to make a speech in its favor.
+ h; y  h5 P: _0 a: z: M0 c2. When a person suddenly loses consciousness, a bystander is not expected to diagnose the problem but to attempt to counter its effects by starting vital functions if they are absent.' [  C' W$ j- A. Y  b6 ]# D1 q
3. The remark was only slightly humorous, inviting a chuckle, perhaps, but certainly not a. guffaw.
* j7 V- A; w) u/ X$ d: X; Y4. Doors were closing on our past, and soon the values we had lived by would become so obsolete that we would seem to people of the new age as quaint as travelers from an ancient land.
5 ]+ \& H/ y5 r6 s- z3 q5. Ability to select is the test of the perceptive historian, a history, after all, consists not only of what the historian has included, but also, in some sense, of what has been left out.
& q' n1 L5 F+ k# S  T4 N5 {+ d6. Some artists immodestly idealize or exaggerate the significance of their work; yet others, disdaining to exalt the role of the artist, reject a transcendent view of art  @6 l+ w& k6 r9 u+ r- l/ W
7. Estimating the risks of radiation escaping from a nuclear power plant is a technical question, but one whose answer then becomes part of a value-laden, emotionally charged policy debate about whether to construct such a plant.
9 y: A4 y* F7 A' J% z7 o! g8 zSECTION 5
/ D  j  T5 V; z8 t6 `1. Because modern scientists find the ancient Greek view of the cosmos outdated and irrelevant, they now perceive it as only of historical interest.
# I2 d% b: r9 G: m1 h. M: o  A2. Religious philosopher that he was. Henry More derived his conception of an infinite universe from the Infinite God in whom he believed, a benevolent God of plenitude whose nature was to create abundance
5 d" K  D3 r' E  S- \3 H# b6 M+ f* l( D/ ?( t  K6 ^& C
3. While some argue that imposing tolls on highway users circumvents the need to raise public taxes for road maintenance, the phenomenal expense of maintaining a vast network of roads necessitates reliance on these general taxes.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:59:36 | 显示全部楼层

GRE考试之填空摘录

</p>4. Although they were not direct copies,the new arts of the Classical period were clearly created in the spirit of older Roman models and thus maintained many features of the older style.
: B4 T! K% y, P% c, A/ ^! g1 ^5. In spite of the increasing polarity of their opinions, the group knew they had to arrive at a consensus so that the award could be presented: f7 @' T8 S' L. ~6 |  E3 x
6. By forcing our surrender to the authority of the clock systematic timekeeping has imposed a form of tyranny on society.
( b6 N3 S" f0 q; \7 `7. Our high differentiated vocabulary for street crime contrasts sharply with our limited vocabulary for corporate crime, a fact that corresponds to the general public's unawareness of the extent of corporate crime.
) Y9 I- D. i- X4 {5 C(4) SECTION 1; R6 Y6 `, Y/ }# U! _
1. Because the monkeys under study are unaware of the presence of human beings, they typically avoid human observers and go about their business
. o. W; P9 R7 O5 N2. Give he previously expressed interest and the ambitious tone of her recent speeches, the senator's attempt to convince the public that she is not interested in running for a second term is futile .7 y+ M% _& O6 `2 S7 j
3. Many of her followers remain loyal to her, and even those who have rejected her leadership are unconvinced of the wisdom of replacing her during the current turmoil.
5 o9 R/ k9 y# _- s4. Unlike many recent interpretations of Beethoven's piano sonatas, the recitalist's performance was a delightfully free and introspective one; nevertheless, it was also, seemingly paradoxically, quite controlled.
7 c1 Y+ Q' {0 ?2 K4 ~6 h5. Species with relatively sluggish metabolic rates, including hibernators, generally live longer than those whose metabolic rates are more rapid.
. a: L& J' o+ L) r5 x6. Belying his earlier reputation for intransigence as a negotiator, Morgan had recently assumed a more conciliatory stance for which many of his erstwhile critics praised him.# f/ r( K) R: o7 x0 v% J# e
7. Although Irish literature continued to flourish after the sixteenth century, a comparable tradition is absent in the visual arts: we think about Irish culture in terms of the word, not in terms of pictorial images.
2 I" n: o' i6 y) L' ~" JSECTION 46 J( K# t, ?* U+ H9 X
1. Although sales have continued to increase since last April, unfortunately the rate of increase has decelerated.
! m3 I/ n: v  e' U$ W2 r2. Although the mental process that creates a fresh and original poem or drama is doubtless analogous to that which originates and elaborates scientific discoveries, there is clearly a discernible difference between the creators" `3 B3 C, J: d" `
3. It is disappointing to note that the latest edition of the bibliography belies its long-standing reputation for exhaustiveness by omitting some significant references to recent publications.7 ?! C1 q) D0 Q. R" A8 ~
4. Although Simpson was ingenious at contriving to appear innovative and spontaneous, beneath the ruse he remained uninspired and rigid in his approach to problem-solving.
6 j% \8 x1 z& n3 o% i5. She was criticized by her fellow lawyers not because she was not hardworking, but because she so minutely prepared her cases that she failed to bring the expected number to trial.) ?- [: I- w- R! m  w7 `+ \. {6 E
6. Schlesinger has recently assumed a conciliatory atti-tude that is not commended. by his colleagues, who continue to disparage compromise.
  b: T3 z* R4 m# f& H7. The National Archives contain information so seductive that researchers have been known never to publish because they cannot bear to bring their studies to an end.( n+ C  N1 B0 o: k
(3) SECTION 3
: B1 Y0 n3 s+ n# j: O3 X5 P8 a2 R/ F# J  k& w1 ~
1. It is assumed that scientists will avoid making fraudulent claims about the results of their experiments because of the likelihood that they will be exposed when other researchers cannot duplicate their findings.$ w2 }0 P+ e& i; H
2. As long as the nuclear family is embedded in a larger kinship group through contiguous residence on undivided land, the pressure to share and thus to get along with relatives is strong.
( c9 G7 L) m# G" C3. In contrast to the substantial muscular activity required for inhalation, exhalation is usually a passive process.7 i/ U. E2 c6 {( B
4. The documentary film about high school life was so realistic and evocative that feelings of nostalgia flooded over the college-age audience.' R7 }8 c5 N$ |9 S$ B
1 W3 v- h0 S4 b
5. Although Georgia O'Keeffe is best known for her affinity with the desert landscape, her paintings of urban subjects attest to her longtime residency in New York City.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:59:37 | 显示全部楼层

GRE考试之填空摘录

</p>6. Even though the survey was designated as an inter-disciplinary course, it involved no real synthesis of subject matter.
/ f. E, Q3 Q* z" d7. The failure of many psychotherapists to utilize the results of pioneering research could be due in part to the specialized nature of such findings: even momentous findings may not be useful.* G3 X. u, R2 h: J: v+ j4 T/ d
SECTION 76 E1 x& M( T& G+ P0 W7 r/ w
1. In the nineteenth century, novelists and unsympathetic travelers portrayed the American West as a land ofunremitting adversity, whereas promoters and idealists created a compelling image of a land of infinite promise.0 u0 m+ R- N+ y
2. Honeybees tend to be more social than earth bees: the former, unlike the latter, search for food and signal their individual findings to one another.
. E, j5 K, A. k. D3. Joe spoke of superfluous and vital matters with exactly the same degree of intensity, as though for him serious issues mattered neither more nor less than did trivialities .
, n6 l7 u0 l+ U% ^0 v4. The value of Davis' sociological research is com-promised by his unscrupulous tendency to use materials selectively in order to substantiate his own claims, while disregarding information that points to other possible conclusions.* H6 `- S" o& ~  x
5. Once Renaissance painters discovered how to render volume and depth, they were able to replace the medieval convention of symbolic, two-dimensional space with the more realistic illusion of actual space.
, Y0 _" ]. W9 N* C6. He had expected gratitude for his disclosure, but instead he encountered indifference bordering on hostility.
8 X7 C* U, i  D' a7. The diplomat, selected for her demonstrated patience and skill in conducting such delicate negotiations, declined to make a decision during the talks because anysudden commitment at that time would have been inopportune .
0 U; y6 C8 ?0 V(2) SECTION 2
+ M0 B5 V# m6 ^) @& D) x1. Though regrettable to some degree, telling a small liesometimes enables one to avoid harming another's feelings.
1 O' [$ h; y7 A' i2 J2. Perhaps because scientists have been so intrigued by dogs' superior senses of smell and hearing, researchershave long underestimated their eyesight, assuming that they& Y- |2 _' e" `- n  k
inhabit a drab, black-and-white world, devoid of color.
' E1 I; j' J' ?7 P  ]3. Despite a string of dismal earnings reports, the two-year-old strategy to return the company to profitability is beginning to work.
: u1 x) C$ P" V* p6 j, t
6 G- B. ^) H5 o4. The President reached a decision only after lengthy deliberation, painstakingly weighing the divergent opinions expressed by cabinet members.
8 d9 g$ I! q8 x- P; D$ }5. Although just barely adequate as a writer of lucid prose, Jones was an extremely capable editor who worked superbly with other writers in helping them improve the clarity of their writing.
" Q* Y! b5 l, ~# j6. The accusations we bring against others should bewarnings to ourselves; they should not justify complacency and easy judgments on our part concerning our own moral conduct.' D! k. b3 O' @& Z' W( H& u
7. Although the meanings of words may necessarily be liable to change, it does not follow that the lexicographer is therefore unable to render spelling, in a great measure, constant .
: K& x4 y5 {9 kSECTION 6- n" m. H4 F7 K
1. Some activists believe that because the health-care system has become increasingly unresponsive to those it serves, individuals must circumvent bureaucratic impediments in order to develop and promote new therapies.5 r7 [3 |3 U( g  U9 G/ w) Y$ C1 Y
2. The acts of vandalism that these pranksters had actually perpetrated were insignificant compared with those they had contemplated but had not attempted.
) N, ]4 w& v+ p1 v3. Though one cannot say that Michelangelo was an impractical designer, he was, of all nonprofessional architects known, the most adventurous in that he was the least constrained by tradition or precedent.
5 ]# a, T8 Y- I( Z1 s' C" U  N6 w3 B4. Before adapting to changes in values, many prefer to resist, to defend the universally agreed-on principles that have been upheld for centuries.
* Q( {+ w1 {( @. Q2 Y' I5. Although the records of colonial New England are sketchy in comparison with those available in France or England, the records of other English colonies in America are even more fragmentary.2 ~% B! e7 q" l# a4 ~7 o1 j6 _9 {9 V
6. High software prices are frequently said to result from widespread illegal copying, although the opposite--- that high prices are the cause of the copying -- is equally plausible.
* ~" @" @& q/ i3 p% n
# w4 B! d' W% L, p* Z# q! [7. Because early United States writers thought that the mark of great literature was grandiosity and elegance not to be found in common speech, they avoided the vernacular.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 12:59:38 | 显示全部楼层

GRE考试之填空摘录

</p>(1) SECTION 1
2 O( ^( v$ }5 O3 J1.A computer program can provide information in ways that force students to participate in learning instead of being merely recipients of knowledge.
" |' |1 m9 w6 `% L+ b2. The form and physiology of leaves vary according tothe environment in which they develop: for example, leaves display a wide range of adaptations to different degrees of light and moisture.
% S) f( T' |- ]: U3. One theory about intelligence sees language as the logical structure underlying thinking and insists that since animals are mute, they must be mindless as well.
3 a" h# j- p* n6 ~  g+ ^* Y( h4. Though impulsive.in her personal life, Edna St. Vincent Millay was nonetheless disciplined about her work, usually producing several pages of complicated rhyme in a day.
% Z: v. j$ [* f1 Y. d5. The children's mercurial natures were in sharp contrast to the even-tempered dispositions of their parents.
8 ~1 O$ A3 |  r. l' S6. By identifying scientific rigor with a quantitative approach, researchers in the social sciences may often have limitedtheir scope to those narrowly circumscribed topics that are well suited to quantitative methods.  L9 o; g" {5 v
7. As early as the seventeenth century, philosophers called attention to the problematic character of the issue, and their twentieth-century counterparts still approach it with uneasiness.# x/ c, K7 k( e7 T- Y: T
SECTION 4* |- N) v/ t7 z1 Z! d! m
1. Since most if not all learning occurs through comparisons,relating one observation to another, it would be strange indeed if the study of other cultures did not also illuminate the study of our own.
! G. G$ U6 C; L, M' y2. The new specialization of knowledge has created barriers between people: everyone believes that his or her subject cannot and possibly should not be understood by others.6 c% }: \: p: e# d/ O1 D8 k
3. If a species of parasite is to survive, the host organ-isms must live long enough for the parasite to reproduce ; if the host species becomes extinct , so do its parasites.
( @4 V8 x. T/ G, D. f& h4 C4. The author argues for serious treatment of such arts as crochet and needlework, finding in too many art historians a cultural blindness traceable to their prejudice against textiles as a medium in which women artists pre-dominate.
4 p/ ~% n! i, _, I) }/ Q8 S. G5. Those who fear the influence of television deliberatelyunderplay its persuasive power, hoping that they might keep knowledge of its potential to effect social change from being widely disseminated.
$ n6 N3 ]: w, @, c6. Because the high seriousness of their narratives resulted in part from their metaphysics, Southern writers were praised for their philosophical bent.
1 ^3 j. c" v( N' y! ~1 q7. Far from being unctuous, Pat was always loath to appear acquiescent.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 01:06 , Processed in 0.195480 second(s), 31 queries .