立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 0

[GRE阅读] 2011GRE考试阅读辅导:长难句实例分析21

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:05:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1. Most striking among the many asymmetries evident in an adult flatfish is eye placement: before maturity one eye migrates,so that in an adult flatfish both eyes are on the same side of the head. (3+)
* m' E, d, j; _* i+ ^  在一条成年比目鱼身上显著存在的诸多不对称(asymmetry)特征中,最为吸人注目的是眼睛的摆位:在成年之前,一只眼睛发生移动,因此在成年比目鱼身上,两只眼睛均位于头部的同一侧面。6 ]+ o+ n$ d% f6 i: t- x
  难句类型:倒装、省略
1 {3 {. E4 B, _- @6 x! t% i  解释:本句的倒装本质上与我们早就的一种倒装结构是一样的,即形容词放在句首时,主语和谓语倒装。本句的主干的正常语序应该是:Eye placement is most striking;倒装后成了Most striking is eye placement.但是这种倒装在GRE考试中出现,又有了新的特色,被提到句首的Most striking被长长的状语among the many asymmetries evident in an adult flatfish与后面的主语和表语分开,造成阅读困难。! o9 D( q0 c5 k; M0 |
  意群训练:Most striking among the many asymmetries evident in an adult flatfish is eye placement: before maturity one eye migrates,so that in an adult flatfish both eyes are on the same side of the head.
- a2 t; F& A5 L( k2 L  2. A critique of Handlin‘s interpretation of why legal slavery did not appear until the 1660’s suggests that assumptions about the relation between slavery and racial prejudice should be reexamined , and that explanations for the different treatment of Black slaves in North and South America should be expanded .(4); r" w) @8 N( f! f! v- k
  一个对于H的关于为何法律上的奴隶制没有在17世纪60年代以前出现的原因所作解释的批评显示,关于奴隶制和种族偏见之间的关系的假说应当重新检查,而且显示出,对于在北美和南美之间的对黑怒的不同处理的解释应当被扩展。4 \4 u. H1 w: w" O( M, h7 K) N
  难句类型:复杂修饰、省略1 @7 |8 _0 r6 [
  解释:句子的主干清楚:A critique suggests that…, and suggests that…。但是因为句子的结构复杂、修饰成分多,再加上后面的and 之后的suggests被省略,所以句子的结构很难被读出来的。" L7 v( I% C, G' a: ]; `
  本句的suggest不再是暗示,而是显示、说明的意思,其同义词有point,indicate,imply.本句的两个suggest之后的宾语从句都根据语法要求使用了虚拟语气。
, V3 W$ r  h! H# f3 E# J5 k  意群训练:A critique of Handlin‘s interpretation of why legal slavery did not appear until the 1660’s suggests that assumptions about the relation between slavery and racial prejudice should be reexamined , and that explanations for the different treatment of Black slaves in North and South America should be expanded .
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 00:27 , Processed in 0.265083 second(s), 21 queries .