立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 83|回复: 0

[GRE阅读] GRE阅读辅导:部分关键句91-100英文原文

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:05:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  以下是历年gre真题考试阅读部分出现的句子,这些句子往往是解题的关键,所以对于这些句子的理解就显得十分重要。考生可以用这些句子做英译中的练习,加强语感练习。
- Q( d3 _+ z7 v6 d) P. t8 Z  91. As an author, I am naturally concerned that a surprisingly large percentage of the population of the United States is functionally illiterate; if they can’t read or cannot understand what they read, they won’t buy books, or this magazine.% L$ Y2 N" J8 X4 J2 n! l7 k3 o
  92. They do not know those parts of the doctrine which explain and justify the remainder ; the considerations which show that a fact which seemingly conflicts with another is reconcilable with it, or that, of two apparently strong reasons, one and not the other ought to be preferred.  ^. o6 U- h0 q, f; ~
  93. Quite apart from the logistic problems, there existed a well-established tradition in Britain which refused to repatriate against their will people who found themselves in British hands and the nature of whose reception by their own government was, to say the least, dubious.
& L+ u9 b/ e2 |/ ~8 O$ n! x0 d  94. An obsession with the exact privileges of a colonial legislature and the precise extent of Britain’s imperial power, the specifics of a state constitution and the absolute necessity of a federal one, all expressed this urge for a careful articulation as proof that the right relationship with external powers did indeed prevail.4 ~6 |* W0 L2 D$ U+ A, J2 w5 O* G* T
  95. One encyclopaedia tells us that intelligence is related to the ability to learn, to the speed with which things are learned, to how well and how long ideas are remembered, to the ability to understand those ideas and use them in problem-solving, and to creativity.8 L4 I4 R& x9 S
  96. The event marked the end of an extended effort by William Barton Rogers, M.I.T. ‘s founder and first president, to create a new kind of educational institution relevant to the times and to the contrary’s need, where young men and women would be educated in the application as well as the acquisition of knowledge.
5 o, ~# \! Y" o; q  D  97. Each departmental program consists, in part, of a grouping of subjects in the department’s areas of professional interest and, in part, of additional opportunities for students of their choice.
+ z) y# Q  e) h, a( {. L  98. Alternatively, a student may use elective time to prepare for advanced study in some professional field, such as medicine or law, for graduate study in some area in which M. I. T. gives no undergraduate degree, such as meteorology or psychology, or for advanced study in an interdisciplinary field, such as astrophysics, communication science, or energy.
- f) p- |: }) U4 B( c& o  99. While the undergraduate curriculum for an open Bachelor of Science degree, as listed by a department, may have its own unique features, each program must be laid out in consultation with a departmental representative to assure that it is meaningful in structure and challenging in content.
: f. u! |5 g! a4 }1 i  B  100. Where previously it had concentrated on the big infrastructure projects such as dams, roads and bridges, it began to switch to projects which directly improved the basic services of a country.9 d  y. b* O! ^7 ]- R# X; H8 ]
  以上是历年gre真题考试阅读91-100的英文部分。中文翻译小编会另外整理一篇,这样考生复习起来比较方便。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 19:24 , Processed in 0.368632 second(s), 21 queries .