查看: 94|回复: 0

[GRE词汇] GRE阅读句子中插入语破解

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:13:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
有人把GRE阅读比作“天书”,“写给上帝的文章”,而组成这些文章的,正是这些看上去冗长、复杂令人眩晕的长句。本文结合例子,分析插入成分。
$ Q  q" |: }6 w  z) w! N4 ~. n; l# U# j* E% _
插入语的标志是成对出现的逗号。
" A/ E( D- i/ E; Y
/ A8 S! l" o+ r) w; q% U$ g3 L解读技巧:当你在阅读文章某句的时候“偶遇”成对出现的逗号,或者在句意尚未完整时出现了逗号,那么建议先跳过你看不懂的东西,将其前后的内容连读起来。等到完整理解句意后,再回读刚才跳过的内容,反复读,即可找到“真理”。
+ T; L5 w/ D+ V* K4 B# Q2 Z% C* a9 L7 D! e0 C! _' }: m( ^) O
例句1: moreover , I can feel strong emotions in response to objects of art that are interpretations, rather than representations, of reality. 0 h/ n, A) A- r

# U7 p3 v; D9 P, n- d9 x5 D2 x解读方法:首先,找到句子主干:I can feel strong emotions , 当你读完整个句子,发现不得其意。这个时候不要强行突破,而是要迂回行事。当你发现而rather than representations 是一个很突然的东西的时候,那么建议你直接跳过,读后面的内容。这个时候你就会发现原来的of reality 原来是跟在interpretations 的后面的,而rather than representations真正位置是在句尾,它插入到了一个完整意思的中间。 也就是本来的句子顺序是moreover , I can feel strong emotions in response to objects of art that are interpretations of reality , rather than representations (of reality).* D# {6 E, _2 o% Y
* i- B2 g6 C. G# ^1 F+ p
例句2:With the conclusion of a burst activity , the lactic acid level is high in the body fluids , leaving the large animal vulnerable to attack until the acid is reconverted , via oxidative metabolism , by the liver into glucose , which is then sent (in part )back to the muscles for glycogen resynthesis.
7 u6 C$ R* l$ j3 f1 a) [: M1 L( n! p# n4 z% \, J1 C& M
解读方法:在这个句子里,主干是the lactic acid level is high,插入语是 via oxidative metabolism , by the liver into glucose,正常的句子顺序是With the conclusion of a burst activity , the lactic acid level is high in the body fluids , leaving the large animal vulnerable to attack until the acid is reconverted which is then sent (in part )back to the muscles for glycogen resynthesis ,via oxidative metabolism , by the liver into glucose.
# g: c& n* p3 A1 \9 G' G, w# M- |, N  `: m$ w$ N) v
例句3:Although Gutman admits that forced separation by sale was frequent, he shows that the slaves’ preference, revealed most clearly on plantations where sale was infrequent, was very much for stable monogamy
9 U# o. J' ^9 \/ }0 h, _$ m" W0 A" J0 t: T! }) @  G% H1 I/ ^
解读方法:主干是 Although Gutman admits…,but he shows…插入语是revealed most clearly on plantations where sale was infrequent.正常的句子顺序是Although Gutman admits that forced separation by sale was frequent, he shows that the slaves’ preference was very much for stable monogamy, revealed most clearly on plantations where sale was infrequent.) X/ L9 d. ?0 u7 o) `
3 q6 S6 t6 A1 G
例句4:This preference for exogamy, Guts suggests, may have derived from West African rules governing marriage, which, though they differed from one tribal group to another, all involved some kind of prohibition against unions with close kin. : R7 h: o" x5 S1 Z3 `1 D* ]

8 \# J! [. g# N6 F: R解读方法:句子主干是This preference for exogamy may have derived 插入语有两部分,Guts suggests 和though they differed from one tribal group to another. 正常的句子顺序是Guts suggests this preference for exogamy may have derived from West African rules governing marriage, which all involved some kind of prohibition against unions with close kin, though they differed from one tribal group to another.
/ l$ j3 w$ ~7 D7 U, }
, \- K0 ~3 i  ~总之,当你看到支离破碎的句子成分时,不妨把暂时读不懂的内容跳过,把跳过内容的前后连在一起,经常会得到意想不到的连贯和通畅,最后就可以把跳过内容定位。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 22:53 , Processed in 0.197773 second(s), 21 queries .