立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 131|回复: 0

[GRE词汇] GRE考试阅读辅导:长难句中译英练习(18)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:13:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  gre阅读长难句中译英在gre考试复习中是十分重要的,因为gre阅读文章中有很多长句是让考生最头疼的了,考生很有可能因为不明白这些长难句而读不懂文章。接下来的几天,小编给大家整理了一些经典gre阅读长难句,考生可以进行中译英的练习。
0 e  V" C* q% w' C7 }3 o9 p  86. I have discovered, as perhaps Kelsey will after her much-publicized resignation from the editorship of She after a build-up of stress, that abandoning the doctrine of "juggling your life", and making the alternative move into "downshifting brings with it far greater rewards than financial success and social status.9 L- x$ o9 P1 D, \4 Z
  87. While in America the trend started as a reaction to the economic decline-after the mass redundancies caused by downsizing in the late ' 80s-and is still linked to the politics of thrift, in Britain, at least among the middle-class down shifters of my acquaintance, we have different reasons for seeking to simplify our lives." x0 d+ s3 m1 l
  88. For the women of my generation who were urged to keep juggling through the' 80s, down-shifting in the mid' 90s is not so much a search for the mythical good lift-growing your own organic vegetables, and risking turning into one-as a personal recognition of your limitations.) C- u  }9 @) S  j
  89. If you are part of the group which you are addressing, you will be in a position to know the experiences and problems which are common to all of you and it' 11 be appropriate for you to make a passing remark about the inedible canteen food or the chairman' s notorious bad taste in ties.
) M( v. g9 {$ G9 W0 ~% w  90. There are already robot systems that can perform some kinds of brain and bone surgery with submillimeter accuracy far greater precision than highly skilled physicians can achieve with their handsaone.
8 D4 u% Y  G; s  86.[参考译文]或许正像凯尔西在不堪积劳重负而公开地辞去她在《她》杂志社的编辑一职之后一样,我已经发现,放弃那种"为生活忙碌"的人生信条并转而追求比较悠闲的生活带给你的回报远远大于经济成功和社会地位。
. F+ c+ D) W7 ~0 r( k0 C  87.[参考译文]在美国,这一返朴趋势是以经济衰落的反应为开始的--那是在80年代末期裁员而引起大量的失业之后一一现在依然与提倡节俭的政纲相关;而在英国,最起码在我所熟识的中产阶级返朴归隐者中,追求简约;生活的原因就多种多样了。: m  t: \" \( G* ^8 W
  88.[参考译文]对于我这一代曾在整个80年代为生活奔波的女人来说,90年代中期出现的归隐恬退与其说是我们寻求一种神话般的美好生活--用有机肥种;植蔬菜,并且自己放弃一切的风险--不如说是我们清醒地认识到自身;能力是有限的这一事实。! Z8 @. N& [  }0 `- A" s* ^) s6 ?
  89.[参考译文]如果你是你讲话对象中的一员,那么你就身处一种(有利)位置宋了解对你们来说都很普遍的经历和问题,而且你对餐厅中难以下咽的食物或老总臭名昭彰的领带品位进行随意评判也是合适的。
/ R4 ^; I' r3 A* i8 f  90.[参考译文]现在已有一些机器人系统能够进行精确到毫米以下的脑部和骨骼手术这要比极具技巧的医生单单用手精确得多。
' p, A6 _8 s4 y! P* F" o( L. v  gre考生复习gre阅读时,每天做一些gre阅读长难句中译英的练习,对于语感、翻译都是有帮助的。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 09:09 , Processed in 0.171727 second(s), 21 queries .