立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 115|回复: 0

[GRE词汇] GRE考试阅读辅导:长难句中译英练习(16)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:13:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  gre阅读长难句中译英在gre考试复习中是十分重要的,因为gre阅读文章中有很多长句是让考生最头疼的了,考生很有可能因为不明白这些长难句而读不懂文章。接下来的几天,小编给大家整理了一些经典gre阅读长难句,考生可以进行中译英的练习。2 I* y0 Q: d. B: K
  76. Certainly people do not seem less interested in success and its signs now than formerly. Summer homes, European travel, BMWs--the locations, place names and name brands may change, but such items do not seem less in demand today than a decade or two years ago.
& I2 `" E' n; l9 K+ }  x+ f: F  77. Instead, we are treated to fine hypocritical spectacles, which now more than ever seem in ample supply: the critic of American materialism with a Southampton summer home; the publisher of radical books who takes his meals in three-star restaurants; the journalist advocating participatory democracy in all phases of life, whose own children are enrolled in private schools.
  z2 I; @9 l2 ^4 D' ?4 V/ J' ~  78. No clear-cut distinction can be drawn between professional and amateurs in science: exceptions can be found to any rule. Nevertheless, the word "amateur" does carry a connotation that person concerned is not fully integrated into the scientific community and, in particular, may not share its values.
( A0 u1 R5 Z2 H9 O+ _# E2 a( V: `) `" A  79. The trend was naturally most obvious in those areas of science based especially on a mathematical or laboratory training, and can be illustrated in terms of the development of geology in the United kingdom.7 H) U0 G0 J8 W/ C) f
  80. A comparison of British geological publications over the last century and a half reveals not simply an increasing emphasis on the primacy of research, but also a changing definition of what constitutes an acceptable research paper.
, L% {0 y: K1 R  76.[参考译文]当然,人们现在对成功及其各种标志的兴趣似乎并不亚于先前。消夏别墅、欧陆旅行、宝马车--地点、地名以及品牌或许会有变化,但这类事物在今天被人渴求的程度也似乎不会亚于一二十年前。
9 h+ ~" O/ h+ ?# C$ q  77.[参考译文]相反,我们被款待看到这样一些虚伪的壮观景象,他们似乎比以前的任何时候都更供应充足:美国式物质主义的批判者却拥有位于南安普顿的避暑山庄:激进书籍的出版商却在三星级餐厅享用一日三餐;倡导在人生各个阶段的参与民主制的记者,他的子女却就读于私立学校。+ i7 c6 y0 k$ P) i
  78.[参考译文]科学领域的专业人员和业余爱好者之间划不出泾渭分明的界线:因为任何规则都有例外。然而,"业余"一词的确意味着相关人员不能充分融入职业科学界,尤其未能分享科学圈子的价值。
1 M6 N) |9 X2 O  79.[参考译文]很自然,这种趋势会在尤以数学或实验室训练为基础的自然学科领域表现最为明显,并且可以英国的地质学发展作例证来说明。
" `" n- i! |' G: X  p0 G# D  80.[参考译文]将过去一个半世纪英国地质学领域的出版物做一下比较,(我们)就会发现不仅对科研的主导地位的强调不断攀升,而且一篇可接受的科研论文所包含的内容的定义也有所变化。
! m0 G+ R* a- \8 A  gre考生复习gre阅读时,每天做一些gre阅读长难句中译英的练习,对于语感、翻译都是有帮助的。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 15:28 , Processed in 0.154085 second(s), 21 queries .