立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 124|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真题二SECTION2(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
11. If the needle on an industrial sewing machine becomes badly worn, the article being sewn can be ruined. In traditional apparel factories, the people who operate the sewing machines monitor the needles and replace those that begin to wear out. Industrial sewing operations are becoming increasingly automated, however, and it would be inefficient for a factory to hire people for the sole purpose of monitoring needles. Therefore a sophisticated new acoustic device that detects wear in sewing machine needles is expected to become standard equipment in the automated apparel factories of the future.
0 {: O$ X1 d$ Z+ ?
/ f1 u( R( j" C' a Which one of the following is most strongly supported by the information above?5 s% {% Z' k4 w0 @$ D

; E+ U  M& D; F3 m (A) In automated apparel factories, items will be ruined by faulty needles less frequently than happens in traditional apparel factories
) q. X' S- O% k% [: p1 h0 o (B) In the automated apparel factories of the future each employee will perform only one type of task.; C$ g2 r, }  u& g( T
 (C) Traditional apparel factories do not use any automated equipment.) ^6 f! L' H* S; L; Z! d8 P+ P7 N4 o" x5 W
 (D) The needles of industrial sewing machines wear out at unpredictable rates.
' @% }5 b) }; ^% @ (E) As sewing machine needles become worn, the noise they make becomes increasingly loud.6 f. X" m1 U; J

: K; y4 i0 C' L. @* IQuestions 12-13
2 ]  ]' s& c0 Q, X; q6 l: J) r- k5 p; f6 r
 Alexander: The chemical waste dump outside our town should be cleaned up immediately. Admittedly, it will be very costly to convert that site into woodland, but we have a pressing obligation to redress the harm we have done to local forests and wildlife.- r7 l& w" y2 s: X+ Z

* y* M: n/ `, v1 w) \2 t# t1 ~  Q Teresa: But our town's first priority is the health of its people. So even if putting the dump there was environmentally disastrous, we should not spend our resources on correcting it unless it presents a significant health to people. If it does, then we only need to remove that hazard.* W/ c* B6 f8 d% C

7 Q, X8 w8 M0 `2 n5 X, g 12. Teresa's statement most closely contorms to which one of the following principles?+ o! `6 v( T7 c* C

9 Q  T3 E! ?+ p$ O" b  z (A) Environmental destruction should be redressed only if it is in the economic interest of the community to do so.
( q8 a, K+ K5 M5 I (B) Resources should be allocated only to satisfy goals that have the highest priority& j8 c/ b: a! h0 T* @, n# x2 x
 (C) No expense should be spared in protecting the community's health.' h4 i+ m4 }) }5 ~8 o; w' Q
 (D) Environmental hazards that pose slight health risks to people should be rectified if the technology is available to do so.* |' o" k% E$ i5 d
 (E) It is the community as a whole that should evaluate the importance of eliminating various perceived threats to public health.
& }7 S2 g; O  b- z
4 [5 u  q  K# b) |6 d2 n 13. Which one of the following is the point at issue between Alexander and Teresa?8 ^' U, W- k2 c1 S3 l

* W8 u& j* D. P! [$ z% s2 V" L (A) whether the maintenance of a chemical waste dump inflicts significant damage on forests and wildlife
) D  C0 x0 H# H( @. c8 x (B) whether it is extremely costly to clean up a chemical waste dump in order to replace it by a woodland" c' @$ V; ^5 w; E
 (C) whether the public should be consulted in determining the public health risk posed by a chemical waste dump
& k1 Z2 P' A* @) x) I0 ?% \5 _ (D) whether the town has an obligation to redress damage to local forests and wildlife if that damage poses no significant health hazard to people
! c  l. F3 u/ l0 a6 a?(E) whether destroying forests and wildlife in order to establish a chemical waste dump amounts to an environmental disaster
% ?6 r' n1 V6 E: Q0 r* W  _) H
6 M& Z3 U8 D, b- m& I# t 14. In 1980, Country A had a per capita gross domestic product (GDP) that was $5,000 higher than that of the European Economic Community. By 1990,the difference, when adjusted for inflation, had increased to $6,000. Since a rising per capita GDP indicates a rising average standard of living the average standard of living in Country A must have risen between 1980 and 1990.6 k6 q+ c+ e  C5 k% J
 ' q) x' Q/ D/ T+ y. ?
 Which one of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?: g( M5 Q% j2 f
8 y- W/ j9 f$ `4 J. W7 J) l6 g! E
 (A) Between 1980 and 1990, Country A and the European Economic Community experienced the same percentage increase in population.7 j6 v4 O1 j- N5 n/ y- S1 i
 (B) Between 1980 and 1990 the average standard of living in the European Economic Community fell.
7 O0 \2 K$ ~2 {) w (C) Some member countries of the European Economic Community had during the 1980s, a higher average standard of living than Country A.
: e# X& C1 ^$ M' u3 \7 G% m% L (D) The per capita GDP of the European Economic Community was not lower by more that $1,000 in 1990 than it had been in 1980.' _2 X7 D& T- F' h8 N
 (E) In 1990, no member country of the European Economic Community had a per capita GDP higher than that of Country A$ F; I" x; D% |4 J* Q1 M6 H

& Z4 F) m% j- u 15. Municipal officials originally estimated that it would be six months before municipal road crews could complete repaving a stretch of road. The officials presumed that private contractors could not finish any sooner. However, when the job was assigned to a private contractor, it was completed in just 28 days.1 ^0 w& u; C1 C. {. y
  7 \5 ^$ a- H6 `' `5 i: t
 Which one of the following if true does most to resolve the discrepancy between the time estimated for completion of the repaving job and the actual time taken by the private contractor?8 t, W- u2 h7 o0 n# f7 o9 M
 " O. Q2 O0 B; Q- m( {2 y
 (A) Road repaving work can only be done in the summer months of June, July and August
1 `8 f+ c8 l1 m  d: U; ~  m5 b. R% c (B) The labor union contract for road crews employed by both municipal agencies and private contractors stipulates that emplyoyees can work only eight hours a day five day a wee, before being paid overtime/ e8 j/ j1 z+ p* }0 U
 (C) Many road-crew workers for private contractors have previously worked for municipal rodad crews and vice versa
0 y0 e9 R0 z- v; l% L (D) Private contractors typically assign 25 workers to each road-repaving job site whereas the number assigned to municipal road crews is usually 30.
( C2 _4 B) i1 Y6 s. \ (E) Municipal agencies must conduct a lengthy bidding process to procure supplies after repaving work is ordered and before they can actually start work whereas private contractors can oblain supplies readly as needed
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 10:51 , Processed in 0.352574 second(s), 21 queries .