只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题一SECTION2(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Question 21-22
, p1 i9 A* t: d3 T: ~% G* e  `
2 x, ?- U1 e; \1 \4 o  This country does not need any more restrictions on pollution. In fact, we should abolish those that are currently on the books. In spite of various restrictions, pollution levels have actually increased over the past 40 years. Most importantly, dramatic statistics show that, as pollution levels have increased over this period, the general health of the population has improved rather than deteriorated.
/ Y3 N8 F3 I/ f2 @- w1 L: D# z2 C4 Q* D! V' Z8 L, {; u
  21. Which one of the following assertions, if true, provides the most effective challenge to the author's conclusion?
/ `5 O  I! ]3 d$ b" g( O1 _3 |, O; W; s; K8 M( f
  (A) The general health of this country's population has improved over the past 40 years primarily because of new advances in medicine and nutrition, not because of pollution.
- c2 E% m3 V8 X4 E  (B) There are several countries in the would in which there have been no restrictions on which there have been no restrictions on pollution over the past 40 years, and pollution levels have actually increased.
+ L+ o! ?& O) e- N( l( d  (C) Similar statistics show that, in several countries, the general health of the population has improved over the past 40 years, while pollution levels have actually decreased.
! ^9 R- s3 J  |/ M  K* T. S5 ?  (D) Pollution levels would have increased even more than they have and the general health of the population would not have improved as much as it has without the restrictions that have been on the books.
7 Z  Y& N( d+ ~9 v0 N. ~' ~  (E) In the period prior to the past 40 years, pollution restrictions were nonexistent in this country and the general health of the population improved at a far slower rate than it did during the past 40 years.
3 c3 W7 S) m& y+ Y" P* Q5 }
) `8 C1 h- D9 H  `" I0 I: e  22. The author concludes that there should be no restrictions on pollution partly because
2 H2 F3 c! K2 X  0 M3 ~7 e1 I$ J9 d# b! i
  (A) they are no longer needed to improve the general health of the population$ L% s' F# _; D8 e. h) T2 Z
  (B) they reduce the positive effect that pollution has on the general health of the population7 N, G: H$ J* P. F1 ~" ~
  (C) statistics show that as pollution restrictions have increased so have pollution levels  ]3 I; R# D+ u; ?
  (D) pollution has not yet reached levels that are detrimental to the health of the general population+ |: X0 n2 c+ I+ v
  (E) they are ineffective in lowering pollution levels.
7 o$ W7 x2 O1 I2 \6 q( L' B  2 F/ F4 q( x8 ^" J* l
  23. In metropolitan areas, almost 60 percent of all fires are set by children, while in rural areas about 40 percent are A psychological survey discovered that all children who play with fire believe that there will be no consequences if their parents catch them doing it.5 g8 c; X+ I7 E7 p+ [$ V& V
 , M- T/ D6 L/ |# s  E. k
  Which one of the following inferences can be most reliably drawn from the passage above?7 J% }3 V: L5 d9 P/ B2 g

$ n3 Z3 Y+ M+ a# c# ~  (A) Most children who believe there will no consequences if they are discovered playing with fire do play with fire.
+ R0 S5 m/ q$ g; F- [+ |) M$ U  (B) Parents who discover their children playing with fire will prevent those children from playing with fire in the future.
: [# B+ O: q1 z* Q& `9 Q, @; v  @  (C) If parents have successfully instilled in their children the belief that there will be consequences if they are caught playing with fire, these children have not been among those playing with fire.
# }! R# N; X2 |; P& n/ @  (D) Children who play with fire attach no sense of right or wrong to this action.8 T* r, n5 v, c
  (E) Most children who do not play with fire believe there will be consequences if their parents discover them playing with fire.5 G, w  U9 [7 k" n

; [: j; F9 a4 x4 H) }! w" f! @  24. Somewhere, somehow, what was once a perfectly good rule by which to live was twisted into the false and sinister idea that "Money is the root of all evil" To the contrary, the proper use of money provides us with the food, clothes, health care, and shelter that we all need to sustain our lives.
/ B1 q; J9 {9 v+ }: n2 X$ U 
% v7 U7 e" B8 P! w  k% X7 B0 `3 B, x  The author's argument is logically flawed in that it) x. J7 Z# e& O7 h# h4 r" J; N* g. Y; A
  9 ]1 D2 m; H5 N' \2 y
  (A) uses examples that do not refute the generalization that all evil is rooted in money* j/ j* P) s  ]8 O$ e
  (B) uses inappropriate examples to demonstrate the proper use of money  x1 M$ o: d' }( M  e, f
  (C) ignores some of the evil things that money can buy
5 X+ ~& z+ C& w9 A, k2 A  (D) fails to acknowledge that food, clothes, health care, and shelter can sometimes lead to evil5 c& P& u1 b8 o2 W! e
  (E) fails to recognize that money can be sued for a lot of other good things besides sustenance2 [2 C8 @9 A  L% c* f) _& U8 h

1 m- N- g0 x% C0 k# [* y  25. In a recent experiment, a high school English teacher interspersed real,commonly used proverbs with several nonsensical proverbial-sounding statements that he had made up. He then asked his students to evaluate all of the statements on the list. In general, the students found the bogus proverbs and the real proverbs to be equally full of wisdom and meaning,. The teacher concluded that proverbs attain their status as proverbs more through frequent usage than through their inherent wisdom.
; G/ O: {% x0 v1 C 
9 l3 L2 w; p; ?6 w! W- q0 ^  Which one of the following if true, would most effectively challenge the teacher's conclusion?+ [$ @; j$ y+ B+ c

6 V* J! b5 e! h5 [% A- k+ ?" N  (A) Some proverbs are used more frequently than others./ `3 v( j+ z+ {" i( c/ N& r) s4 ~
  (B) There were more real proverbs than bogus proverbs in the list of statements.! K6 \  s3 U+ H0 z, M8 X
  (C) There are stylistic differences between proverbial and proverbial-sounding statements.; }8 Q- ~. V3 D' f6 }
  (D) Some students view a statement in one way and other students view the same statement in a very different way.
6 B! l4 U" d8 N, z  (E) The students selected as evaluators were too inexperienced to judge the wisdom of the statements.  Z0 B9 a  x9 o
 8 e3 i8 X3 T2 h6 }) U6 W  b
  26. It is commonly accepted that we should be concerned about our own physical health. The desire to take responsibility for all aspects of our physical condition, however, produces a number of negative consequences. By focusing exclusively on our physical health, we tend to ignore out mental health. Therefore, although we can derive physical benefits from our preoccupation with physical health, we often do so at the expense of our mental health.
$ H! v, I: f  N5 q' B. U) w2 ?3 _
7 v# `4 l3 ]: E( n  n* Y1 f  The author establishes her position in the passage by doing which one of the following?
# A3 p" ^$ h4 T, _   X) c9 M. `: h; s1 F+ _+ ]
  (A) She defends her position and then extencls it into a second area.
6 J( C: A  g- o8 e' ]( m* e  (B) She reveals a contradiction in a position commonly held to be correct.2 V( v7 }! J6 n! D' u4 `
  (C) She supports a commonly held point of view by providing additional evidence
8 s/ E6 z. ^$ A. [  @  f  (D) She first states her position and then qualifies it with a number of concessions
# H/ i3 {0 A- `: L: ~( O$ y  (E) She argues that a popular position can lead to problems if taken to an extreme
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 08:26 , Processed in 0.197781 second(s), 21 queries .