只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 122|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题一SECTION2(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Question 8-9# V% x/ p( L! V" l
% |0 m5 e8 \* t8 h. B
  A thing is "nauseous" if it makes one sick to the stomach; the unfortunate victim of this malaise is "nauseated" . the common misuse of "nauseous" can be illustrated with the following sentence: "When he sits too long, turns his head too abruptly, or walks any distance, he gets dizzy, loses balance, and becomes nauseous." He doesn't become nauseous unless he turns other people's stomachs; he becomes nauseated. A person who is nauseated is no more nauseous than a person who has been poisoned is poisonous.
: G& o$ L; N7 u- J' e5 J0 Q. q; C( I. u- x5 g% Y( c) Z- z7 j$ {
  8.Based on the passage above, which phrase does NOT provide a logical completion to the following sentence?% ]3 [, M2 I0 k' E( w

- N# o& s; v6 C  @: M  A: o' m  A person who is nauseated is no more nauseous than a person who has been_______.
; |3 Q) W% ~& _9 j
! i9 ]" i* d9 T: j% W  (A) murdered is murderous
- b  W" h3 S0 S  (B) corrupted is corruptible3 V8 ^0 I2 _$ P6 y8 b0 [1 g
  (C) awed is awesome+ n. S" y3 e* ^4 H% D/ g
  (D) irritated is irritating5 U: ?3 K' s" \  Z: y
  (E) scared is scary
' I( q! O2 j( V1 t( Y& R* r0 g1 C2 ^- B* d% L
  9.The author's approach in the passage includes all of the following EXCEPT6 N5 n' w1 C) M& X; b  b& _# U0 N4 [
2 k# e% K5 a2 u6 {6 [
  (A) explaining how a word is misused( V" j; D( R" r3 N
  (B) drawing an analogy
  S8 U; \! j# ^5 M  (C) providing an example
* w1 P) r+ e- j  (D) relying on a word's ambiguous meaning" l/ t0 y" j# w) A6 X3 z+ z
  (E) defining key terms5 q) G2 ~7 b( {6 A5 X! V: X1 W% q
6 e7 y& ^- [0 \3 h: U( |3 y0 L" J) n# }
  10. Therapy, whether physical or social, is a counterirritant that aids in that equilibrium of the physical organs that protects the central nervous system. Whereas pleasure is a counterirritant (for example, sports, entertainment, and alcohol), comfort is the removal of irritants. Both pleasure and comfort are strategies of equilibrium for the central nervous system.
0 [0 {6 ^" K" k# S- |% t, M* G* h& z
  It can be concluded from the statements above that the exile of a deviant member of a group can be
6 t# z0 A: o, G, n& j& s- T8 o# [& R+ L, T% r, c# L
  (A) therapeutic for the rest of the group* t: P4 r7 v6 X) p, J
  (B) irritating for the rest of the group  i* S* T, E! M& L- ^$ R2 G
  (C) pleasurable for the rest of the group
3 I  B/ d( ?3 W+ w9 f" ?8 K9 w( }  (D) comforting for the rest of the group" p" K0 v8 r, s1 e/ S( P' @2 U
  (E) counterirritating for the rest of the group
% j- d& ~. t8 N( \' F  r ; D$ ^. W2 f3 n* j( \# P
  11. The situation has gotten worse. Unless Elizabeth goes I must go. But she will not to if I stay So we will both have to go./ B/ t) r4 s1 ~7 `. L
$ E) r& N% G7 R# g9 \' n" s
  What is the flaw in the reasoning above?8 ]$ X/ w; I' C/ Q. Y

; a0 o' W8 V* H" g% u% U  (A) The first claim, that the situation has gotten worse, is irrelevant.% R8 N* `& ^3 g0 @( O- D8 Y9 ]
  (B) A possible course of action is overlooked
. i+ o3 n7 T7 v* `6 H# r  (C) It is assumed that staying is the same as not going.4 w% l9 W7 I$ S0 H& i
  (D) The conclusion refers to a possibility that is not explicitly referred to in any of the premises./ @8 }  o) w8 }0 R
  (E) Insufficient information is given about the circumstances.: t% Y- \6 w# ?$ o7 ?9 |( y

# D5 o% K% [/ R& N1 e  u* @1 Y' v  12. Student X: I'm worried about failing the course.# G( F5 _) N! d6 x- K4 p
- c% e9 r" U4 q. v% {
  Student Y: Don't worry. As the professor said, any student who fails to submit a term paper will fail the course. So just make sure that you submit a term paper, and you will not fail the course.
1 M* d" A2 |9 o6 h
$ c, R1 j/ |& |- P' D  Which one of the following exhibits the same logical flaw as that exhibited in student Y's remark?
: r0 M0 T6 {0 k4 s7 c' J. J* w8 O3 p
  (A) Any restaurant that serves paella without saffron is not authentic So if the restaurant serves paella with turmeric instead of saffron, it is authentic./ e: n* r3 B" \" j5 F. n7 E
  (B) Any native fishers who earn their livings by fishing the local rivers and lakes are worth hiring as guides. So a person who is a native fisher is worth hiring as a guide.
0 z: e2 U# B6 A# w. S- {  (C) Anyone who can consistently bowl over 200 points per game should become a professional bowler. If you can consistently bowl over 200 points per game, you should become a professional bowler.
' X* M. G8 p9 v/ x0 L  (D) Any engineer who cannot solve the equation in a reasonable amount of time will not get a license. So if you are an engineer who can solve the equation in a reasonable amount of time, you will get a license.$ |5 i0 @4 L& l1 `! _8 I5 {
  (E) Any cook who is in a hot kitchen will have the kitchen. If you are a cook in a kitchen that is hot, you will be forced to leave the kitchen.
; {8 T: p. l: _( M2 R# U) g" V9 A% U' U9 K( Q9 X
  13. Trade protection is bad policy. Take the case of the microcomputer industry. The United States government attempted to restore the computer chip market to United States manufacturers, who had ceased production in the face of an abundant supply of cheap chips from foreign manufacturers. Under trade protection, it was expected that, as government-imposed quotas and excise taxes forced the price of foreign chips to rise, United States manufactures would reenter the market. They did, but at only slightly lower prices that the now-high prices of foreign firms. The lesson has been simple: trade protection means that United States manufactures gain while United States manufactures gain while United States consumers lose.. E. H# x- ]5 P0 h! Y

) S0 ^4 t# ?* g! t4 c% i4 ~" j/ H! G  Which one of the following is an assumption on which the author's argument relies?
" K( b" Z& O6 v0 c+ c# }# g6 O, G9 q* I+ @5 E5 a
  (A) It is unreasonable to expect that government-imposed quotas and excise taxes will reduce prices for United States consumers.
( D1 Z' M, W* S# N5 p9 u) T  (B) United States manufacturers of computer chips are more concerned with high profits that are foreign manufacturers.
$ H- s' w7 b3 Q  (C) The United States government's primary purpose in trade protection is to restore markets and profits to United States manufacturers.
3 O8 a+ c" Z0 J  (D) With respect to trade protection, the microcomputer industry is representative of United States industry in general.
  K9 `% x3 }- @' V7 U  (E) The quality of the chips produced by United States manufacturers is better than the quality of the chips produced by foreign manufacturers
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 05:04 , Processed in 0.254975 second(s), 21 queries .