立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 166|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题三SECTION2(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
6. Copyright laws protect the rights of writers to profits earned from their writings. whereas patent laws protec: inventors rights to profits earned from their inventions In jawade, when computer-software writers demanded that their rights to profit be protected, the courts determined that information written for a machine does not fit into either the copyright or the patent category. Clearly, therefore, the profit rights of computer-software writers remain unprotected in Jawade.
& w+ d) ?5 f# B0 p6 l2 e* n$ ?( Z9 p6 X' G. {; |" |6 C- V
Which one of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?9 p4 l! r: N. T6 K

* J2 D# o' |% I" h4 e' p(A) Computer-software writers are not an influential enough group in Jawade for   the government to consider modifying existing copyright laws in order to   protect this group s profit rights.
8 ?+ L4 }" Z, A* }5 z(B) No laws exist, other than copyright laws and patent laws, that would protect   the profit rights of computer-software writers in Jawade.
/ K4 Y( O2 |9 i(C) Most of the computer software used in Jawade is imported from other   countries.- f) x9 R' t: r: a
(D) Computer software is more similar to writings covered by copyright laws   than it is to inventions covered by patent laws.
$ T" E4 }& @( |$ u, f/ z2 u  n0 I(E) Copyright laws and patent laws in Jawade have not been modified since   their original adoption.: Y/ {1 ~1 t3 A# w

! ]8 z3 [2 v% T1 N- K% `7. Brownlea s post office must be replaced with a larger one. The present one cannot be expanded. land near the present location in the center of town is more expensive than land on the outskirts of town. Since the cost of acquiring a site is a significant part of the total construction cost, the post office clearly could be built more cheaply on the outskirts of town.
: R1 P# Y6 Z$ S: b$ H& L% N3 ]( y% H$ J
Which one of the following, if true, most seriously undermines the argument s stated conclusion?+ a% ]0 U$ x. {$ h
9 k6 K5 i5 b4 \4 C& H7 S( \
(A) The new post office will have to be built in accordance with a demanding   new citywide building code.
1 J+ }1 u' @( e8 N(B) If the new post office is built on the outskirts of town, it will require a parking   lot, but if sited near the present post office it will not.
" a& t3 h, Q. V" F6 N(C) If the new post office is built on the outskirts of town, current city bus routes   will have to be expanded to provide access.+ k4 g0 y/ f* P- N" o0 f
(D) If the new post office is built on the outskirts of town, residents will make   decreased use of post office boxes, with the result that mail carriers will   have to deliver more mail to homes.9 z( @$ E/ A9 a' H' S1 E
(E) If the new post office is built near the center of town, disruptions to city   traffic would have to be minimized by taking such steps as doing some   construction work in stages at night and on weekends.
: p6 W  v$ J+ n
' Q* i4 j7 G/ ]; |, M( D- Y8 T8. in the past, the railroads in Ostronia were run as regional monopelies and opeerated with little regard for what customers wanted. In recent years, with improvements to the Ostronian national highway network the railroad companies have faced heavy competition from longdistance trucking companies. But because of government subsidies that have permitted Ostronian railroad companies to operate even while incuring substantial losses, the companies continie to disregard customers needs and desires.
) d/ i0 H% K' o3 b1 n  Y7 f7 |( x: X% H- p4 |7 `* u; ^, e! C3 c5 l2 Y7 z
If the statements above are true, which one of the following must also be true on the basis of them?
1 @) f( m; k1 P1 \5 F& o8 m
- ]2 ?6 E+ z( [& ]( f(A) If the government of Ostronia ceases to subsidize railroad companies. few of   those companies will continue to operate.
* x$ K* Q( h) g  b* L/ M(B) Few companies in Ostronia that have received subsidies from the   government have taken the needs and desires of their customers into   account.
  U, G$ l6 I3 n(C) Without government subsidies, railroad companies in Ostronia would have   to increase the prices they charge their customers.
- ]2 _- W/ \( g$ |( V2 @0 Q* W(D) The transportation system in Ostronia is no more efficient today than it was   in the past.( z% e3 f0 f: I
(E) In recent years, some companies in Ostronia that have had little regard for   the desires of their customers have nonetheless survived.
; I7 F5 a. g$ f7 N7 h% i0 ?) P' P1 Q& s
9. Although Damon had ample time carlier in the month to complete the paper he is scheduled to present at a professional conference tomorrow morning he repeatedly put off doing it. Damon could still get the paper ready in time, but only if he works on it all evening without interruption. However, his seven-year-old daughter s tap-dance recital takes place this evening and Damon had promised both to attend and to take his daughter and her friends out for ice cream afterward. Thus, because of his procrastination. Damon will be forced to choose between his professional and his farmily responsibilities.5 N0 A% ~& d3 n

' D' {2 {% r, `$ D( U# z/ k0 ZThe argument proceeds by
$ m% p& D& J' L: w
  d" i- _( a: z3 d0 M(A) providing evidence that one event will occur in order to establish that an   altemative event cannot occur
" Z- M; T& W  J- t(B) showing that two situations are similar in order to justify the claim that   someone with certain responsibilities in the first situation has similar   responsibilities in the second situation
8 P+ F; N% ?+ D0 u1 I(C) invoking sympathy for someone who finds himself in a dilemma in order to   excuse that person s failure to meet all of his responsibilities7 H7 u' z) d/ D" k
(D) making clear the extent to which someone s actions resulted in harm to   others in order to support the claim that those actions were irresponsible. @. @1 n# g! e, K# Y7 `0 ~
(E) demonstrating that two situations cannot both occur by showing that   something necessary for one of those situations is incompatible with   something necessary for the other situation+ E1 D4 k/ V! |# U/ P) w0 `
: M8 s. Y; ^7 j/ R! ^
10. The increase in the price of jet fuel is due to a sharp decrease over the past year in the supply of jet fuel available relative to demand. Nonetheless, the amount of jet fuel available for sale is larger today than it was last year.
' t$ D/ U- D" N! C+ l$ R- k; k5 E: M  i  Z; `9 `/ `
If the statements above are true, which one of the following conclusions can be properly drawn on the basis of them?
. w; {$ A) F, L) P) E% i
$ T' `5 B& \+ p2 n2 @9 x% t3 I(A) The demand for jet fuel has increased over the past year.
6 x1 O+ i4 t( {( {(B) The fuel efficiency of jet engines has increased over the past year.) \9 U" n. q3 d$ G& Y: K: W
(C) The number of jet airline flights has decreased over the past year.
+ u) ^  h1 L7 L; A(D) The cost of refining petroleum for jet fuel has increased over the past year.
0 y1 |1 f( ^! I* {, _  w' f(E) The supply of petroleum available for jet fuel ha decreased over the past   year
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 00:56 , Processed in 0.343300 second(s), 21 queries .