只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 181|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题三SECTION2(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Questions 14-15
6 r: n; P3 j9 y  `4 b. D$ t4 B
9 i) f8 |# q2 C" n  In most corporations the salaries of executives are set by a group from the corporation s board of directors. Since the board s primary mission is to safeguard the economic health of the corporation rather than to make its executives rich, this way of setting executives salaries is expected to prevent excessively large salaries But , clearly this expectation is based on poor reasoning After all, most members of a corporation s board are themselves executives of some corporation and can expect to benefit from setting generous benchmarks for executives salaries.
6 \, a$ `1 p+ D& W* {3 W3 H/ Y. O
& }( F% _$ }1 E" C14. The point made by the author is that the most common way of setting executives salaries might not keep those salaries in bounds because: P  @0 u$ [/ ]

/ I% W7 ^& k- c1 c% t(A) most corporals exectives, thanks to their generous salaries, are not   financially dependent on money earned as board members
/ a4 ?3 A! r. u' x4 c; I# F8 X(B) most corporals executives might be less generous in setting their own   salaries than the board members actually setting them are
1 e/ I8 }, C0 E3 g1 F(C) many board members might let their self-interest as executives interfere   with properly discharging their role as board members in setting executives   salaries% Q: F, e& ?# n& d2 B
(D) many board members who set executives salaries unreasonably high do so   because they happen to be on the board of a corporation of which they   expect later to become executives; I, t* h" I  l4 Z. i+ U- H; l
(E) many board members are remunerated generously and wish to protect this   source of income by pleasing the executives to whom they owe their   appointments on the board1 o0 o" }' @4 I+ d% g2 z; Q

}6 Q+ A5 t# \- ~15. Which one of the following practices is vulnerable to a line of criticism most parallel to that used in the argument in the passage?
, q1 W/ f  g( J) m# }
4 r- t5 Y: m1 b9 z, I(A) in medical malpractice suits giving physicrans not directly involved in a suit   a major role in determining the damages due to successful plaintiffs
$ V" K& Z9 N0 Y( Z(B) in a legislature, allowing the legislators to increase their own salaries only if   at least two-thirds of them vote in favor of an increase
! L+ B0 O% ~9 J- @- W9 ?: ~(C) to work both fast an accurately by paying them by the piece but counting   only pieces of acceptable quality
' a7 ^9 A3 Y) l(D) in a sports competition decided by judges scores selecting the judges from   among people retured from that sport after successful careers
& F+ G6 L8 h% }6 B(E) in a business organization distributing a group bonus among the members   of a task force on the basis of a confidential evaluation by each member of   the contribution made by each of the others.
4 x; g6 W/ q1 M, f# T: K  w" Q9 R% ^4 f
16. Consumer advocate One advertisement that is deceptive, and thus morally wrong, states that gram for gram, the refined sugar used in out chocolate pies is no more fattening than the sugars found in fruits and vegetables" This is like trying to persuade someone that chocolate pies are not fattening by saying that, calorie for calorie they are no more fattening than celery True but it would take a whole shopping cart full of celery to equal a chocolate pie s worth of calories# _7 T% _/ `! F; L' L
+ {/ A* o; [- V! [! u
  A dvertiser This advertisement cannot be called deceptive. It is, after all true2 B5 L# n8 S0 n) b

, {6 V3 f. I: W  Which one of the following principles, if established would do most to support the consumer advocate s position against the advertiser s response?% ~% n4 c9 w  s$ d) @( z% N! M

% Z& L! L+ z0 a5 F3 t9 _+ g(A) It is morally wrong to seek to persuade by use of deceptive statements. V, [6 _4 h$ F2 t
(B) A true statement should be regarded as deceptive only if the person making   the statement believes it to be false, and thus intends the people reading or   hearing it to acquire a false belief.
, Q8 I6 B/ J' y- }. h(C) To make statements that impart only a small proportion of the information in   one s possession should not necessarily be regarded as deceptive
0 Z! B: y* a. W# D(D) It is morally wrong to make a true statement in a manner that will deceive   hearers or readers of the statement into believing that it is false
, V2 s: v: ]- h/ P(E) a true statement should be regarded as deceptive if it is made with the   expectation that people hearing or reading the statement will draw a false   conclusion from it.
6 Y2 E) [& y. S
0 M& w: V+ B8 }; M2 ^17. Members of the Amazonian Akabe people commonly take an early-morning drink of a tea made from the leaves of a forest plant. Although they greatly enjoy this drink, at dawn they drink it only in small amounts. Anthropologists hypothesize that since this tea is extraordinarily high in caffeine, the explanation for the Akabe s not drinking more of it at dawn is that high caffeine intake would destroy the surefootedness that their daily tasks require.8 t3 c2 t* o  ~4 h9 X2 |

I4 R0 C: t4 H6 }) SWhich one of the following, if true, most seriously calls the anthropologists explanation into question?% Q5 _& i9 u. S
. I: j& g5 E5 q* X
(A) The drink is full of nutrients otherwise absent from the Akabe diet
1 |/ t- `2 c" {/ C0 X! l(B) The Akabe also drink the tea in the evening, after their day s work is done.
# _% u% }+ t  \1 T+ J  A( D& n8 W(C) The leaves used for the tea contain a soluble narcotic.
. @6 j  s% @, z8 I& ~(D) Akabe children are introduced to the tea in only a very weak form.; ]' r  D& Z7 w0 g6 I
(E) When celebrating, the Akabe drink the tea in large quantities.
+ l2 F* N7 Z* w) l; M* S' h
- i9 B5 L5 O, p9 X  h% K+ m18. All of the cargo ships of the Blue Star Liner are over 100 meters long, and all of its passenger ships are under 100 meters long. Most of the ships of the Blue Star Line were built before 1980. All of the passenger and cargo ships of the Gold Star Line were built after 1980, and all are under 100 meters long. The dockside facilities of Port Tropica, which is open only to ships of these two lines, can accommodate only those ships that are less than 100 meters long. The S.S. Coral is a cargo ship that is currently docked at Port Tropica1 W) B2 U& ]: K+ D  ?4 n
8 E9 b: g( C+ t
If the statements above are true, which one of the following must be true on the basis of them?0 M5 n6 y! N: }) |" h( d3 \3 G

) q% ~3 ~! J1 k3 I(A) The S.S.Coral was built after 1980.8 d  I0 B* @' g- O+ \
(B) The S.S.Coral belongs to the Blue Star Line.
5 s3 _) l$ L  s5 `(C) Port Tropica is served only by cargo ships.
! ^. C, S) e2 ]% |4 a5 H4 e# }+ U6 _(D) Port Tropica is not served by ships of the Blue Start Line.' S3 Z# A! H# t; E, }2 o1 k, m3 ^
(E) All of the ships of the Blue Star Line are older than any of the ships of the   Gold Star Line.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 02:23 , Processed in 0.231235 second(s), 21 queries .