只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 179|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题三SECTION2(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Questions 11-12
; s2 X+ B8 H$ }" @- k0 R* ?: s( a
6 l9 E: M* j! L. j  Nan Government subsidies have been proposed in Cariana to encourage farmers in Rochelle, the country s principal agricultural region, to implement certain new farming techniques Unless these techniques are implemented erosion of productive topsoil cannot be controlled Unfortunately farmers cannot afford to shoulder the entire cost of the new techniques, which are more expensive than those currently used Therefore, without subsidies agricultural output in Rochelle will inevitably decline7 ~1 n3 q2 M; a( V: E( W2 t. B
9 G/ H( m) P2 U: X1 C, B
  Betty But erosion in Rochelle is caused by recurring floods, which will end next year once Cariana completes the hydroelectric dam it is building across the region s major river Therefore, Rochelle s total agricultural output will stabilize at its present level even without subsidres.7 C: @* O, G# O! O+ U: {

/ B/ L7 W5 H" u1 ^* r2 T2 i8 |11. Which one of the following is an assumption on which Betty s argument depends?2 @2 \% _9 v% v& b3 [3 v0 p

4 N2 b: J+ E0 i; g" c(A) Building a dam across Rochelle s major river will not reduce any recurrent   flooding that occurs in regions of Cariana other than Rochelle.5 H6 C3 f3 A& R; i$ V, a
(B) The new farming techniques that must be implemented to control soil   erosion in Rochelle are not well suited to other regions of Cariana
' ?) s4 A* H6 w, Y5 f# s(C) The current yearly output, if any from Rochelle s land that will be   permanently under water once the dam is completed will at least be   matched by additional yearly output from Rochelle s remaining land
1 f4 U8 O. b7 p, [(D) The cost to the government of Cariana to operate the hydroelectric dam will   not be greater than the projected cost of subsidizing the farmers of   Rochelle in the implementation of the new farming techniques) y/ m; ^7 C& I6 J! [& T2 q0 ^' j4 a
(E) The government of Cariana has sufficient financial resources both to   subsidize its farmers implementation of new farming techniques and to   operate a hydroelectric dam.
* J7 a# m4 U0 G- Q" l
; {# ^; e9 H  s" ^" `7 m6 l12. Betty uses which one of the following argumentative techniques in countering Alan s argument?( p4 V. S- a& U

$ K( S" T* P* C- D, C$ l(A) showing that one premise in Alan s argument is inconsistent with another   premise in his argument* K4 K4 \" {" Y) L% E7 [; b( A* ^5 r
(B) making additional claims that, if correct undermine a premise in Alan s   argument6 I. d/ W0 C$ j( P& H
(C) demonstrating that Alan s conclusion is true but not for the reasons Alan   gives to support it/ ~- q; ?4 t" z( I2 E# C3 R
(D) presenting evidence indicating that the policy Alan argues in favor of would   have damaging consequences that outweigh its positive consequences.5 u* t$ e) t  P' S
(E) pointing out that Alan s argument mistakenly identifies something as the   cause of a trend when it is really an effect of that trend
+ c' t, c% z. c6 M8 M. S" g# k, s" w4 x1 ?; _
13. Astronomers have long thought that the irregularity in the orbit of the planet Neptune was adequately explained by the gravitational pull exerted on Neptune by the planet Pluto The most recent observations of Pluto, however indicate that this planet is much too small to exert the amount of gravitational pull on Neptune that astronomers once thought it did, P. f$ n' A! @. E% e4 O
# I  {5 X# s, z# L6 J. M3 A8 p
If the statements above are true, they provide the most support for which one of the following?
) ?% Y' K: y" O8 K- z7 u- ^) B! b
2 n& _+ t% K  n# g3 i2 g" a(A) Neptune is somewhat larger than scientists once believed it to be
( P( }5 s' ^: l) R(B) The orbit of Neptune is considerably more irregular than scientists once   thought it was7 L, i- v% M( s# x
(C) There exists another as yet undiscovered planet with an orbit beyond that of   Pluto9 R2 I7 j+ [0 P- n5 R! a4 T
(D) The gravitational pull of Pluto is not the sole cause of Neptune s irregular   orbit* l0 m4 l6 V/ j7 U5 b& G# l! v2 I
(E) Further observations of Pluto will eventually show it to be even smaller than   it is now thought to be
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 03:27 , Processed in 0.210645 second(s), 21 queries .