立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 106|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真题二SECTION4(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
22. Which one of the following best expresses the main idea of the passage?* f& F7 H) _, a! t' D* r
0 D6 ?0 A5 m" E6 I, W# z
 (A) An earlier theory about the status of middle-class women in the nineteenth century has been supported by recent scholarship
5 r& A* n; Q% L" @* ~+ Q4 f4 x (B) Recent studies of middle-class nineteenth-century women have altered an earlier theory about the status of colonial women
7 {/ ?" X! [8 e1 n3 s (C) Recent scholarship has exposed an earlier theory about the status of colonial women as too narrowly based and oversimplified; V- K" x5 ~8 E6 H
 (D) An earlier theory about colonial women has greatly influenced recent studies on middle-class women in the nineteenth century( b; V/ q* Q  n  K( i; m' N4 F
 (E) An earlier study of middle-class women was based on insufficient research on the status of women in the nineteenth century
1 I' C- B$ Q# x  
% u) ]: f: b- `$ G" z2 l. S23. The author discusses Hoff-Wilson primarily in order to
3 m$ r$ \2 f% I" l* Q% y5 t 0 |9 A9 z; J3 o$ J, @
 (A) describe how Dexter's theory was refuted by historians of nineteenth-century North America0 |# s, S9 M. F9 O. V! x( b# F
 (B) describe how the theory of middle-class women's nineteenth-century decline in siatus was developed# d& O. K9 n. ]# a6 r
 (C) describe an important influence on recent scholarship about the colonial period9 F2 c0 I1 z) k! b% q
 (D) demonstrate the persistent influence of the "golden age" theory
4 n6 y2 D( q: Q. q (E) provide an example of current research one the colonial period
8 W2 g# q. [. g' E  s- V  l8 B$ m6 q$ l  
/ k( X/ s9 F7 W+ C% [7 R" Y8 X24. It can be inferred from the passage that the author would be most likely to describe the views of the scholars mentioned in line 32 as
3 T. R& Q1 A9 i+ f/ a0 Z2 \+ r 
' q: D) o3 R! b5 x6 g' G0 H9 x4 \ (A) unassailable/ t5 Z5 q5 s7 q) B1 m
 (B) innovative
- T6 B8 o1 G0 g, Y' V (C) paradoxical- N' K8 _5 F  e" x$ |
 (D) overly sophisticated
5 t6 [+ q* n# \/ i% f (E) without merit
9 Y) L3 ~9 l4 U9 m7 c8 G
! |+ q& A% C* H; q( p) Y25. It can be inferred from the passage that in proposing the "three-part chronological division" (lines 60-61), scholars recognized which one of the following?
) X- d8 M+ A7 r# N7 g5 \0 Q2 c. U. D4 v6 Z. l9 y
 (A) The circumstances of colonial women's lives were defined by a broad variety of social and economic factors
4 X0 V: g# E: O+ @ (B) Women's lives in the English colonies of North America were similar to women's lives in seventeenth-and eighteenth-century England4 R/ O4 ]/ b$ e7 [, b3 o5 K
 (C) Colonial women's status was adversely affected when patterns of family and community were established in the late seventeenth century
) N/ B" {) w) U5 k6 a4 R: F (D) Colonial women's status should be assessed primarily on the basis of their economic function in society' ~6 W2 M4 G+ a6 ^
 (E) Colonial women's status was low when the colonies were settled but changed significantly during the era of revolution- g5 ]$ b2 h3 \  H( r7 D( `
 ( }  L8 g3 D( ^5 M( b9 C  ^! W! \, {/ q& M
26. According to the author the publications about colonial women mentioned in the third paragraph had which one of the following effects?
% y4 g" B" S" g- Y  z4 r
) U4 P$ U4 j1 l' b/ Y (A) They undermined Dexter's argument on the status of women colonists during the colonial period.; H8 S5 M2 F5 }9 ~- A
 (B) They revealed the tenacity of the "golden age" theory in American history
; o, ]. |/ ?' `7 A* L (C) They provided support for historians, such as Hoff-Wilson. Who study the nineteenth century
( l1 p7 P  K9 x; |" j  y (D) They established that women's status did not change significantly from the colonial period to the nineteenth century, t) y! }1 c2 F0 m3 D3 n
 (E) They provided support for earlier theories about women colonists in the English colonies of North America
& a  \+ o. ^! D. Y" E # I- C# l8 S$ ^! u6 @: a$ T
27. Practitioners of the new scholarship discussed in the last paragraph would be most likely to agree with which one of the following statements about Dexter's argument?
+ B: p0 ~, H+ p8 Q
3 i* o7 W4 U; a6 D" ^4 h# t (A) It makes the assumption that women's status is determined primarily by their political power in society8 p* N: J6 x" e' O- H  h1 ]
 (B) It makes the assumption that a less complex social system necessarily confers higher status on women9 I- p2 o7 u; \8 {" `3 @
 (C) It is based on inadequate research on women's economic role in the colonies! B  X  D% }1 W: k8 y* c" W
 (D) It places too much emphasis on the way definitions of gender roles affected women colonists in the colonial period1 p# @: Z! }1 I* m
 (E) It accurately describes the way women's status declined in the nineteenth century
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 22:31 , Processed in 0.263693 second(s), 21 queries .