立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 97|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真题二SECTION3(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
11. A controversial program rewards prison inmates who behave particularly well in prison by giving them the chance to receive free cosmetic plastic surgery performed by medical students. The program is obviously morally questionable, both in its assumptions about what inmates might want and in its use of the prison population to train future surgeons. Putting these moral issues aside however the surgery clearly has a powerful rehabilitative effect as is shown by the fact that, among recipients of the surgery the proportion who are convicted of new crimes committed after release is only half that for the prison population as a whole.
/ v6 p: ~7 F; q/ x2 }! V) h
. z5 m2 F% {/ [& Q) ?; c  l5 J A flaw in the reasoning of the passage is that it
! |. v+ w- i- x. v$ E6 J; _8 U. k" B
6 x  L* V2 R3 L (A) allows moral issues to be a consideration in presenting evidence about matters of fact
& p9 M3 J% x' U0 _7 z. _ (B) dismisses moral considerations on the grounds that only matters of fact are relevant5 X: q( J1 j0 Z
 (C) labels the program as "controversial" instead of discussing the issues that give rise to controversy
9 J: d  I% K$ `+ k& T- R- y (D) asserts that the rehabilitation of criminals is not a moral issue
1 @/ `- a5 x# a" Z6 X3 ~' @( A (E) relles on evidence drawn from a sample that there is reason to belleve is unrepresentative# Q/ g# g. }$ S/ |. \& t

. [$ p2 }1 O6 K9 @) E 12. The retina scanner a machine that scans the web of tiny blood vessels in the retina, stores information about the pattern formed by the blood vessels. This information allows it to recognize any pattern it has previously scanned. No two eyes have identical patterns of blood vessels in the retina. A retina scanner can therefore be used successfully to determine for any person whether it has ever scanned a retina of that person before., H7 X# H1 h" o
" \  `5 v" l$ o7 V5 m+ Y4 R5 q# X* S( ^
 The reasoning in the argument depends upon assuming that) o  ], R9 I, m( v% Z
  ; S: i, M* ^& U, }9 m4 d6 H
 (A) diseases of the human eye do not alter the pattern of blood vessels in the retina in ways that would make the pattern unrecognizable to the retina scanner
0 }+ q7 {( k- O0 W: y (B) no person has a different pattern of blood vessels in the retina of the left eye than in the retina of the right eye' X; ~$ }5 L' w3 x# \% K+ r
 (C) there are enough retina scanners to store information about every peroson's reuns8 H( N% Y4 [: ]& S4 t
 (D) the number of blood vessels in the human retrna is invariant although the patterns they form differ from person to person
( c4 F' ?7 B* }9 S7 n2 R% i* ? (E) there is no person whose retinas have been seanned by two or more different retina scanners7 b- L# n8 L8 F" S: P1 M2 c

3 K# {$ a/ a5 c5 V/ D 13. There are just two ways a moon could have been formed from the planet around which it travels: either part of the planet's outer shell spun off into orbit around the planet or else a large object, such as a come or meteoroid struck the planet so violently that it dislodged a mass of material form inside the planet Earth's moon consists primarily of materlals different from those of the Earth's outer shell.
5 V; M+ `! h/ v+ O" n: I  
) @) ]/ c, w0 i4 ]) t3 M If the statements above are true which one of the following if also true would most help to justify drawing the conclusion that Earth's moon was not formed from a piece of the Earth?
# J$ F7 I, S' `* h/ u2 z, \% ?' t 
) K+ f* z& S; A0 k- D& P- ] (A) The moons of some planets in Earth's solar system were not formed primarily from the planets' outer shells.# J$ s& M$ \8 e
 (B) Earth's moon consists primarily of elements that differ from those inside the Earth.0 r# ?- \1 Y# S4 T, f) a5 w  u6 `
 (C) Earth's gravity cannot have trapped a meteoroid and pulled it into orbit as the Moon.4 `7 ~3 {  {; x% k8 S9 A+ u" m, {
 (D) The craters on the surface of Earth's moon show that it has been struck by many thousands of large meteoroids.5 ?7 E! u& W! D4 k
 (E) Comets and large meteoroids normally move at very high speeds.
2 x' g, s, ^1 R/ n$ \5 s: o5 N, G  
5 @, F5 U% E- w4 s% t0 P9 Y 14. Cafieine can kill or inhibit the growth of the larvae of several species of insects. One recent experiment showed that tobacco hornworm larvae die when they ingest a preparation that consists in part of finely powdered tea leaves which contain caffeine. This result is evidence for the hypothesis that the presence of non-negligible quantities of caffeine in various parts of many diverse species of plants is not accidental but evolved as a defense for those plants.
2 v. z# L5 s4 l# Z2 y 
" a; D3 F$ K3 m The argument assumes that
4 B/ [, _3 b" J$ h    w% d$ k5 p6 k$ w
 (A) caffeine-producing plants are an important raw material in the many facture of commercial insecticides
' U5 u& v- u# Q (B) caffeine is stored in leaves and other parts of cafieine-producing plants in concentrations roughly equal to the caffeine concentration of the preparation fed to the tobacco hornworm larvae
1 d! B" v4 y- i% y! F+ F (C) caffeine-producing plants grow wherver insect larvae pose a major threat to indigenous plants or once posed a major threat to the ancestors of those plants3 h. z3 ~1 n" _8 f4 I
 (D) the tobacco plant is among the plant species that produce caffeine for their own defense- @9 [  z* D9 s# W, z8 _
 (E) caffeine-producing plants or their ancestors have at some time been subject to being ted upon by creatures sensitive to caffeine3 U) |7 X8 M' ^# L

* i5 C( t7 U& ?& [* D  E8 o 15. The only plants in the garden were tulips but they were tall tulips So the only plants in the garden were tall plants2 x* t7 ^8 {7 H8 M: s2 a; l5 v

. i2 C. z3 Y& I& B# J Which one of the following exhibits faulty reasoning most similar to the faulty reasoning in the argument above?2 N- P$ T4 b6 e& A2 F
* q. O2 _# a* b; w
 (A) The only dogs in the show were poodles and they were all black poodles. So all the dogs in the show were black.
. S) m% P9 k2 o7 g" A/ z  { (B) All the buildings on the block were tall. The only buildings on the block were office buildings and residential towers. So all the office buildings on the block were tall buildings
2 U- z/ e! }: c6 W- b (C) All the primates in the zoo were gorillas. The only gorillas in the zoo were small gorillas. Thus the only primates in the zoo were small primates- i8 A, Y/ E7 s4 i; Z
 (D) The only fruit in the kitchen was pears but the pears were not ripe.Thus none of the fruit in the kitchen was ripe8 y; j) ?% N; r( R9 F" S
 (E) All the grand pianos here are large. All the grand pianos here are heavy Thus everything large is heavy: `: L% x- Z2 T0 L" v% f; y" y

' e* i% B  _, v" R& ?" w 16. Scientific research will be properly channeled whenever those who decide which research to fund give due weight to the scientific merits of all proposed resaearch. But when government agencies control these funding decisions, political considerations play a major role in determining which research will be funded, and whenever political considerations play such a role the inevitable result is that scientific research is not properly channeled.; D; @* J% N" p! Q5 u1 {: ~

/ V6 o' F8 i8 e8 |4 p Which one of the following can be properly inferred from the statements above?5 q5 B- }- X# k" n& Z* ]3 W) c

5 \2 O5 ?1 z0 s$ s (A) There is no proper role for political considerations to play in determining who will decide which scientifie research to fund.* A# i9 X1 X( `& a
 (B) It is inevitable that considerations of scientific merit will be neglected in decisions regarding the funding of scientific research.' S! D- C  S# L# H8 U
 (C) Giving political considerations a major role in determining which scientific research to fund is incompatible with giving proper weight to the scientific merits of proposed research.
0 p+ J8 `# D/ M! P) A) b* ` (D) When scientific research is not properly channeled governments tend to step in and take control of the process of choosing which research to fund' E, H; o* S, M
 (E) If a government does not control investment in basic scientific    research political consideration will inevitably be neglected in deciding which research to fund
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 22:29 , Processed in 0.200028 second(s), 21 queries .