立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 119|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真题二SECTION3(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
6.Recent unexpectedly heavy rainfalls in the metropolitan area have filled the reservoirs and streams; water rationing, therefore, will not be necessary this summer.7 X5 E" ^: i& y/ ^6 [/ V& Z# j

" ^" m# f! P, {; Q Which one of the following, if true most undermines the author's prediction?& E3 C* T. `4 v+ b4 A  U3 Q

H) X" J) H$ H' P( S% I (A) Water rationing was fmposed in the city in three of the last five years.0 }! @/ ^/ e" e7 U$ ^- }$ C6 d5 Z5 |9 M
 (B) A small part of the city's water supply is obtained from deep underground water systems that are not reached by rainwater- z2 d9 O5 L6 Z
 (C) The water company's capacity to pump water to customers has not kept up with the increased demand created by population growth in the metropolitan area.
* n1 i/ j  b9 u/ |# @ (D) The long-range weather forecast predicts lower-than-average temperatures for this summer.
4 n6 E& G$ g# N" M$ ~ (E) In most years the city receives less total precipitation in the summer than if receives in any other season.: u6 G$ N8 j- \8 d( V, {
 * |; n! P9 P& Y) l; c* R. x8 H
 7.John: In 80 percent of car accidents the driver at fault was within five miles of home, so people evidently drive less safely near home than they do on long trips.; G6 L) d7 J3 S+ k* y2 x- S$ a
 , P$ I! m1 b7 F0 t( Y
 Judy: But people do 80 percent of their driving within five miles of home.How is Judy's response related to John's argument?
8 s8 d$ y: L3 a) r$ O0 L# I- B
" r6 L+ C8 ~3 q (A) It shows that the evidence that John presents by itself is not enough to prove his claim.
+ {$ r5 |; n, j0 J4 M! g) @ (B) It restates the evidence that John presents in different terms.
3 |/ G" h% a8 B) E (C) It gives additional evidence that is needed by John to support his conclusion.
( S3 n8 U8 F' C1 S) \6 e: @* J( C9 `( D (D) It calls into question John's assumption that whenever people drive more than five miles from home they are going on a long trip.$ i; _+ @0 _' V9 b3 r- r
 (E) It suggests that John's conclusion is merely a restatement of his argument's premise., D4 f5 n0 r9 k- }% ?. v
 % z) }7 q4 f! `# U* Z* e
 8.Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world: unreasonable people persist in trying to adapt the world to themselves. Therefore, all progress depends on unreasonable people.
0 m, g2 _% L1 ~. E0 l1 j. e
* `5 H& |2 H4 T) c/ [& }+ {( C If all of the statements in the passage above are true which one of the following statements must also be true?, T" ?9 b/ k9 f8 {: H

7 R8 h( q' b/ V! a4 F (A) Reasonable people and unreasonable people are incompatible.
+ j, B3 f; q: A/ w$ u8 ?. l! [) A* D (B) If there are only reasonable people there cannot be progress.
- F( _  Q2 y& \' H& O0 P; p (C) If there are unreasonable people there will be progress.
/ U% a, V( m1 ~- b  u3 l, M (D) Some unreasonable people are unable to bring about progress.
) G4 T% P  t( H (E) Unreasonable people are more persistent than reasonable people./ d6 b+ z* E- U: E

3 |- M% h' M) E7 d7 K 9.Theater critic: The theater is in a dismal state.
' R5 N. E8 o0 A1 ?. J, i) o" O& |: y  u. ?
 Audiences are and revenue is down. Without the audience and the revenue the talented and creative people who are the lifeblood of the theater are abandoning it. No wonder standards are deteriorating.2 O) K+ r1 J6 R5 @" Q+ P. k/ h: d

r0 q7 x, P8 Q) X Producer: It's not true that the theater is in decline.' [4 [" ~" y/ ^& ]& D
 Don't you realize that your comments constitute a self-fulfilling prophecy? By publishing these opinions, you yourself are discouraging new audiences from emerging and new talent from joining the theater.
  |( Z( e* @1 q7 `! z& G6 c0 `9 W# ~: H9 v* Q! |$ ]& B, E
 Which one of the following is a questionable technique employed by the produce in responding to the critic?% r  h0 `; N: P. D+ `
# g5 h3 S  P; \  V
 (A) focusing on the effects of the critie's evaluation rather than on its content) ~* P! V. A* |. Q% l$ }% p
 (B) accusing the critic of relying solely on opinion unsupported by factual evidence
8 u0 P0 H8 E* u0 _ (C) challenging the motives behind the critle's remarks rather than the remarks themselves
( o, l6 t- W1 N4 W0 y9 I (D) relying on emphasis rather than on argument
; a) z9 J- D, r3 z7 Q8 r) i (E) invoking authority in order to intimidate the critic  B) x8 g& d. O. e8 m; N/ \
   p' T$ H0 g2 ~
 10. Michelangelo's sixteenth-century Sistine Chapel paintings are currently being restored. A goal of the restorers is to uncover Michelangelo's original work, and so additions made to Michelangelo's paintings by later artists are being removed. However, the restorers have decided to make one exception: to leave intact additions that were painted by da Volterra.
) Y4 E( b; ~$ X  _) J, Q8 X: w1 Z0 g# [( l
 Which one of the following, if true, most helps to reconcile the restorers' decision with the goal stated in the passage?! D1 v  ?% Y& G3 j7 d7 s

/ E& i3 ]# @, ]7 [9 [- L+ d) B (A) The restorers believe that da Volterra stripped away all previous layers of paint before he painted his own additions to the Sistine Chapel.& h" i+ w; T7 E1 Y+ O6 v  F8 y
 (B) Because da Volterra used a type of pigment that is especially sensitive to light, the additions to the Sistine Chapel that ad Volterra painted have relatively muted colors.: L% I9 M- ]2 Z: t5 V$ A
 (C) Da Volterra's additions were painted in a style that was similar to the style used by Michelangelo.1 @) J( v  h7 d: P1 q; r! ?" s: t
 (D) Michelangelo is famous primarily for his sculptures and only secondarily for his paintings, whereas da Volterra is known exclusively for his paintings.
7 O/ M- u9 [5 B8 l/ B8 ~2 @9 Q% [ (E) Da Volterra's work is considered by certain art historians to be just as valuable as the work of additions to Michelangelo's work
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 00:24 , Processed in 0.147200 second(s), 21 queries .