立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 133|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题四SECTION2(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
10. Economist: The economy seems to be heading out of recession. Recent figures show that consumers are buying more durable goods than before indicating that they expect economic growth in the near future
4 ~: r6 t9 J2 A" f" N: `" k) U3 n5 ^1 B
  That consumers are buying more durable goods than before figures in the economist s argument in which one of the following ways?
8 O) F! D- N. q' \( c8 R, N/ i5 z2 e9 {" S% M7 U$ Y2 V8 [' H
(A) It is the phenomenon that the argument seeks to explain
2 O. s3 ]/ d" j2 `(B) Its truth is required in order for the argument s conclusion to be true
* J1 N& }$ |1 @/ n) T1 E: e" _* Q4 E! j) y(C) It is an inference drawn from the premise that the recession seems to be   ending
( F+ F5 t, ~, D, S' R(D) It is an inference drawn from the premise that consumers expect economic   growth in the near future2 V; |5 C, t* K* K
(E) It is the primary evidence from which the argument s conclusion is drawn
9 U9 B/ C; w, o# ?" H. e6 I5 W; o/ `1 i3 x& [: J2 Q. k5 N
11. Not surprisingly, there are no professors under the age of eighteen And as is well known no one under eighteen can vote legally. Finally some brilliant people are professors some are legal voters and some are under eighteen5 `0 p" Q6 n2 ^6 c  i# h6 U: V

+ ~- O  C  p! PIf the statements above are true, then on the basis of them which one of the following must also be true?0 Y: n. t3 G. c5 m! p
0 h: Z# ^5 B, J3 d5 T# Z
(A) No professors are eighteen-year-olds) Y% Z0 r& D  t# Y
(B) All brilliant people are either professors legal voters or under eighteen
/ y2 q2 X" P* C0 ^: u(C) Some legal voters are not professors# W5 F7 U9 T& d* w
(D) Some professors are neither legal voters not brilliant people
# \* p1 l  J! y* i% O; A, I2 H(E) Some brilliant people are neither professors nor legal voters) M% `. o; Q, T6 \4 _0 s  Z
6 Y; ]0 H8 `% y+ \9 c
12. For years scientists have been scanning the skies in the hope of finding life on other planets. But in spite of the ever-increasing sophistication of the equipment they employ, some of it costing hundreds of millions of dollars not the first shred of evidence of such life has been forthcoming And there is no reason to think that these scientists will be any more successful in the future no matter how much money is invested in the search The dream of finding extraterrestrial life is destined to remain a dream as science s experience up to this point should indicate
; @8 w: W8 s1 }+ @2 Q' ?7 m5 m+ |) y: s. A7 U. d  J3 [
  Which one of the following most accurately states the main point of the argument?3 p7 v' g  o/ m
6 M' b3 X$ K  k+ d5 p5 R
(A) There is no reason to believe that life exists on other planets6 _6 n+ e8 `* V. v5 y- F1 o2 ~5 L
(B) The equipment that scientists employ is not as sophisticated as it should   be- y, M! G' p% T& V$ `
(C) Scientists searching for extraterrestrial life will not find it
; T1 E+ U$ U2 h! @(D) Only if scientists had already found evidence of life on other planest would   continued search be justified5 T& a2 d% x& Z
(E) We should not spend money on sophisticated equipment to aid in the   search for extraterrestrial life
1 _$ m  S; u: C9 c/ x+ H4 W/ h
! d0 A. C( c6 e1 X* e- {6 g' M13. Carl s Coffee Emporium stocks only two decaffeinated coffees: French Roast and Mocha Java Yusef only serves decaffeinated coffee and the coffee he served after dineer last night was smooth and mellow have been French Roast So if Yusef still gets all his coffee from Carl s what he served last night was Mocha Java1 A, Q) `$ \. D( e. [

8 o/ g0 _; E' i. n6 o  The argument above is most similar in its logical structure to which one of the following?/ n  G" p# L1 s

* v4 P+ o# K+ a(A) Samuel wants to take three friends to the beach His mother wons both a   sedan and a convertible The convertible holds four people so although the   sedan has a more powerful engine, if Samuel borrows a vehicle from his   mother he will borrow the convertible
9 k3 s" P+ O4 B0 I9 c(B) If Anna wants to walk from her house to the office where she works she   must either go through the park or take the overpass across the railroad   tracks The park paths are muddy and Anna does not like using the   overpass so the never walks to work- U) A9 [! i% M6 w8 t
(C) Rose can either take a two-week vaction The trail she had planned to hike   requires three weeks to complete but is closed by October so if Rose   takes a vacation it will not be the one she had planned
. @* }/ s3 H2 U4 ^, @) f+ @9 }# z(D) Werdix, Inc has offered Arno a choice between a job in sales and a job in   research Arno would like to work at Werdix but he would never take a job in   sales when another job is available so if he accepts on of these jobs it will   be the one in research
5 T# X" m! `1 X(E) If Teresa does not fire her assistant her staff will rebel and her department s   efficiency will decline Losing her assistant would also reduce its efficiency   so if no alternative solution can be found Theresa s department will become   less efficient
$ c% ]8 N6 m1 F' e4 l0 S7 J+ Y3 |
8 \, u2 R( j/ ]0 e- \- R1 P) p14. Steven The allowable blood alcohol level for drivers should be cut in half With this reduced limit, social drinkers will be deterred from drinking and driving, resulting in significantly increased highway safety3 _" ^* j" x5 @) _, ]
* S+ e: k# U; ?( z
Miguel: No lowering the current allowable blood alcohol level would have little effect on highway statey because it would not address the most important aspect of the drunken driving problem which is the danger to the public posed by heavy drinkers who often drive with a blood alcohol level of twice the current legal limit.+ y3 b/ F& c' g

1 H- c5 z- V, V  t. u( {9 x1 ~" V7 TSteven and Miguel s statements provide the most support for that they would disagree about the truth of which one of the following statements?
/ H6 M) `" o7 p: I
! ]; Z- @6 m. l(A) Social drinkers who drink and drive pose a substantial threat to the public; v- {  K5 T7 x" L+ O& E8 C6 w8 B+ E
(B) There is a direct correlation between a driver s blood alcohol level and the   driver s ability to drive safely, P% q! s1 h9 B# n1 _
(C) A driver with a blood alcohol level above the current legal limit poses a   substantial danger to the public
8 h& X4 O+ M6 E+ o4 Y(D) Some drivers whose blood alcohol level is lower than the current legal limit   pose a danger to the public
1 {* F) S# W' a, b4 q; M4 v(E) A driver with a blood alcohol level slightly greater than half the current legal   limit poses no danger to the public
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 21:38 , Processed in 0.240615 second(s), 21 queries .