只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 111|回复: 0

LSAT考试全真试题四SECTION1(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 13:24:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
12. The primary purpose of the passage is to
& n" M9 b% ]: }1 h- V6 i( @
' Y1 {3 B- O3 y% n% K  M) V2 M5 r(A) describe recent developments in the Korean American community that have   strongly affected other ethnic communities of immigrant derivation% a- d' N* x  F) e
(B) describe a situation in the Korean American community that presents a   model for the empowerment of ethnic communities of immigrant derivation
. ?6 t5 ~; [! i(C) detial the problems faced by the Korean American community in order to   illustrate the need for the empowerment of ethnic communities of immigrant   derivation
" y" A* ~3 L  x; Z6 X(D) argue against economic and social injustice in the countries of origin of   ethnic communities of immigrant derivation
* y. H9 v3 ^8 b2 |: b(E) assess the impact of the unionization movement on ethnic communities of   immigrant derivation
# H- u( V# v; S! C, R% P% _. ]( d2 a4 Q, Y7 n4 I
13. Which one of the following most accurately states the function of the third paragraph?7 Y1 q5 l0 h* M/ M: H1 S7 V
. `% _, ~" \' d8 w" _- _
(A) It explains why the Pico workers brought their cause to the United States
  s9 y$ w# c) f8 o(B) It explains how the Pico cause differed from other causes that had   previously mobilized the Korean American community
8 N# t9 S7 F- f; ~8 T(C) It explains why the Pico workers were accorded such broad support
2 E: v2 w) w; c$ R(D) It explains how other ethnic groups of immigrant derivation in the United   States have profited from the example of the Pico workers?
) G6 c' e/ u- j, K( r4 u(E) It expains why different generations of Korean Americans reacted in different   ways to the Pico cause
( G" o6 I# p' y5 D6 N3 W2 E- E% d- }6 N! S1 [2 Q) T: f# C
   In recent years, scholars have begun to use social science tools to  analyze court opinions. These scholars have justifiably criticized traditional  legal research for its focus on a few cases that may not be representative( }0 J! s; Q" S9 `, E: _7 w3 j
0 v8 h7 {' M" R' S! T
(5) and its fascination with arcane matters that do not affect real people with  real legal problems. Zirkel and Schoenfeld, for example, have championed the  application of social science tools to the analysis of case law surrounding  discrimination against women in
% i8 b; p3 R  k; O' R" K2 g8 ?5 n0 _( Y! y
(10) higher education employment Their studies have demonstrated how these  social science tools may be used to serve the interests of scholars lawyers  and prospective plaintiffs as well However their enthustasm for the outcomes  analysts technique/ c0 `5 H' M% q1 @% ^4 s

) O; I  g# K2 a! j(15) seems misguided( f7 L5 m1 s" a9 f& o8 p
  s6 M8 Y" {" I& p5 q0 I
   Of fundamental concern is the outcomes analysts assumption that  simply counting the number of successful and unsuccessful plaintiffs will be  useful to prospective plaintiffs Although the odds are clearly
4 G1 m0 f( U' d' y0 D
5 S  ^* _+ |) v9 m: m(20) against the plaintiff in sex discrimination cases, plaintiffs who believe that  their cause is just and that they will prevail are not swayed by such evidence,  In addition, because lawsuits are so different in the details of the case in the  quality of the evidence the plantiff
0 x9 R( u+ j. ^. s4 t
; R: U( F4 n4 e0 z8 @/ p(25) presents and in the attitude of the judge toward academic plaintiffs giving  prospective plaintiffs statisties about overall outcomes without analyzing the  reason for these outcomes is of marginal assistance Outcomes analysis for  example ignores the fact that in1 e5 ?( O; X; @) }1 h. b
' P* j* m* H' w. _# c
(30) certain academie sex discrimination cases—those mvolving serious  procedural violations or meriminating evidence in the form of written  admissions of discriminatory practices—plaintiffs are much more likely to  prevail
7 E: H9 z3 z! \; D, z+ I- k
6 J# g- v8 \5 U/ c9 R9 |. ?. i(35) Two different approaches offer more useful applications of social science  tools in analyzing sex discrimination cases One is a process called "policy  capturing" in which the researcher reads each opinion identifies variables  discussed in the opinion such as6 w* g4 q: Y' h
: x1 k, s- o% J* {8 g$ N, g: c9 l
(40) the regularity of employer evaluations of the plaintiff performance training of  evaluatots and the kind of evaluation instrument used and then uses  multrvariate analvsis to determine whether these variables predict the  outcome of the lawsuit The advantage of ploicy. h& X$ x4 W0 w- r3 Q: \

" v& p& g9 s' d9 e- `* U(45) capturing research is that it attempts to explain the reason for the  outcome, rather than simply reporting the outcome and identifies factors that  contribute to a plaintiff s success or failure Taking a slightly different  approach, other scholars have adopted a technique that0 ?, U( Z+ V" z8 S

0 N* \  q" e2 ~8 ]- k" g(50) requires reading complete transcripts of all sex discrmination cases  litigated during a certain time period to identify variables such as the nature of  the allegedly illegal conduct the consequences for employers and teh nature  of the remedy as well as the' A3 X3 P2 [: K5 n) Z: a

( T0 p3 `) K5 E/ i- f! V+ Q/ N9 K' K(55) factors that contributed to the verdict and the kind of evidence necessary  for the plaintiff to prevail While the findings of these studies are limited to the  period covered they assist potential plaintiffs and defendants in assessing  their cases
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 22:56 , Processed in 0.166986 second(s), 21 queries .